Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We have VERY weak factory support from Rheem/Ruud here but my old man has always loved Rheem furnaces.

We won't talk about their heatpumps...

you get your support from a distributor, not the factory

funny, the mod has been out since the end of 1997... I'd be willing to hear of any historical problems with it. It's a shame he feels it's the bottom of the line. That is simply not true, the Rheem furnaces have won more industry awards, including the Dealer Design award which is a contractor polled award. The problem is it hasnt been marketed in your area the way it should have.

Post Need Good HVAC Tech

Doc,

I have been discussing a problem with my Rheem mod furnace with Bald Loonie which I think is wired incorrectly. I need to find a good HVAC person in my area which is about 15 miles south of Philadelphia. Can you recommend anyone I could contact. Most important is they are familiar with the mod and 2 stage AC.

Twilli says MOD.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Quote Originally Posted by bydabeach View Post
    Rheem/Ruud is their tendency to release new products before training. Everyone has an opinion.
    Yea, they did that... once. It was called the Imperial Drum. A 90+ furnace with a heat exchanger like a dryer drum and a big burner right in the middle. A real lemon. From then on, they made great furnaces including the Mod.

When the replacement for the Drum came out, Sis got a test model. Boy I was scared. But the 34" 90s are great furnaces. All I've done to hers in 14+ years is replace drain hoses. Had to pull it a year ago to fix the plenum under it and the heat exchanger still looked like new.

Only problems we've seen with the Mod are stat related - a component Rheem doesn't build!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Phayre View Post
    Doc,

I have been discussing a problem with my Rheem mod furnace with Bald Loonie which I think is wired incorrectly. I need to find a good HVAC person in my area which is about 15 miles south of Philadelphia. Can you recommend anyone I could contact. Most important is they are familiar with the mod and 2 stage AC.
    I dont know, but you can probably go to rheemac.com and type in your zip code. When the dealer list comes up call them and tell them your problem and tell them you want someone experienced with the mod to look at it.

Try 43608....Twilli to the rescue
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Beach boy he's an i diot. I may be biased But a better gas product in this industry is not available bar none
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Quote Originally Posted by docholiday View Post
    I dont know, but you can probably go to rheemac.com and type in your zip code. When the dealer list comes up call them and tell them your problem and tell them you want someone experienced with the mod to look at it.
    Easier said than done, Doc. I'm near Philly and have spoken to several 'Top Team Members'. Two didn't know about on-demand dehumdification; another wasn't sure how many wires were needed for the stat; another tried his best to talk me out of a Mod.

AM

Sorry experiences are the norm with too many dealers these days. Did you guys see the post by the HO who had 2 Carrier dealers out?

Besides, what's wrong with Rheem heat pumps? My King (the GOOD King) was a smashed up wreck. Been flawless til just last month when the Ranco DD1 defrost board finally croaked. Now doing fine with a DDL in it! Doc knows with that old part # that we aren't talkin' about a spring chicken here!

Now if you want to see a sorry machine, there's the PJAs!

Can't find a good Mod Techician

Doc,

Like ampulman said I had one dealer tell me Mod was waste of money, another told me to many problems and the one that installed it and suggested it told me after the fact he really does not know anything about them. I since have contacted people off the Rheem web site and when I ask them some questions and if they are familiar with the Mod....it goes like this...we never installed one or if we have I don't know...so from my first bad experience I am not going to get them. I am sorry I ever got it at this point only because the dealers just don't seem to know...in my area anyway. At least the ones I have spoken to so far so the quest goes on.

This is sad. We train all our dealers on the product before we sell it to them. I personally go on every dealers first mod set up. Best and most versatile 90+ on the market and the distribution is that poor. I may take an ass eating for this but it is what it is
    i belong to peta ... people eating tasty animals. all my opinions are just mine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast