Thread: Fan blower always on

Post Likes

Fan blower always on

I recently replaced the varriable speed motor on my 2.5 year old Trane 3 ton home ac/heating unit.
    It had failed because the idiots who installed it didnt connect the ducting correctly and restircted the return air supply down to about 25%, I am actually surprised the motor last the 2 and half years that it did.

So now the ducting issue has been fixed I can actually hear the air rushing through the vents in the house. So here is my question. Should the blower fan always be on? I can hear it is on even though there is no air flowing, So i am guessing it is just spinning at a slow rate, not enough to blow siginificant air but enough that I can hear it spinning while I am standing under the return air vent.

In the past with the old restricted air flow set up, when the ac unit shut down, I didnt hear anything at all.

Also, an additional question, I was told by the ac guy to use the cheapest air filters and just replace them on a monthly basis as apposed to using the more expensive air filters. Is this good idea?

Thanks in advance...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hrabini View Post
    I recently replaced the varriable speed motor on my 2.5 year old Trane 3 ton home ac/heating unit.
    I hope you warrantied it, because it was still in warranty if it was only 2.5 years old. To answer your question, it could be many things you probably need to call for service.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards" ~ Vernon Law

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts." ~ John Wooden

"When the teachers become unteachable we're all in trouble" ~ Mr. Bill

"Remember "Pro" is only a name, it's not always a mindset determined to do everything correctly" ~ Mr. Bill

Post Likes
    Call a pro and ask him to fix your unit. The information you are giving us just does not sound right.
    Blue Fox

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in