Fieldpiece question?

I have been using fieldpiece meters for years. I have the hs36, svg2, prh2, spk1, ach4, acm3. I have been happy with fieldpiece. I have some things that i will be replacing soon, not the fieldpiece tools, but some other things like anemometer, combustion gas detector, manometer.. ect. Ive already decided i want to stick with fieldpiece, my question is should i go with the accessory heads for my hs36 or get the separate meters. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I dunno what it is, but I just don't feel like some of the heads are as accurate as a standalone.

I compared a pile of stand alone manometers with a pile of heads last year.....the standalones were VERY close to each other, but the heads were hit and miss. Not a scientific study by any means....but that changed my mind about getting a bunch of heads.

Also depends on how much you're going to be using the stuff and how accurate it has to be. Not knocking FP at all (I love their stuff, and own a lot of it)......BUT, to get their price point, they have to sacrifice here and there. For instance, if i worked on a huge amount of oil fired equipment,and needed a combustion gas analyzer, i would probably look at something from bacharach first.

Thanks for the reply. Ive been leaning towards the standalone stuff, so if i need to use more then one meter at the same time i can. As far as combustion analyzer, the company provides that.

I use the field piece attachments for my hs36 and love them.
    Become a friend or fan on Facebook

my concern with attachment heads (of any sort/brand)-when the main portion goes to crap; you're left with a sack full of useless accessories.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by dandyme View Post
    my concern with attachment heads (of any sort/brand)-when the main portion goes to crap; you're left with a sack full of useless accessories.
    unless you have the silicon test leads and another stick meter......pull the ends off the leads and plug them in....good to go!!