Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    If you know the enemy and know yourself you need not fear the results of a hundred battles
    Hence the saying: If you know the enemy and you know yourself, your victory will not stand in doubt; if you now Heaven and you know Earth, you may make your victory complete

Sun Tsu
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    "Do not impose on others what you do not wish for yourself."
    -Confucius, circa 500 BCE
    Confucius say, " Good concepts have no inventor, only messengers. Men who seek inventors of good concepts do not seek truth, only contention."
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

Quote Originally Posted by royc View Post
    Sorry but your wrong about that quote, the golden rule came from a chineese called Confusious......before Jesus was claimed to be born.

Roy
    Actually, Confuscious wrote his stuff a little AFTER the book of Proverbs was written... which was hundreds of years AFTER the first reference in the Bible.

And then there is this thing about dozens of authors of the Bible, who never met each other and few of them read each other, who wrote the same thing... Kinda shows there had to be an influence of a higher power than mankind. That is, unless one is determined to not believe.

Get the book: Evidence that demands a verdict by Josh McDowell... Guy set out to prove the Bible was a fairy-tale... realized it is true. If a person has an open mind (rather than pre-determined), they will see.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    True, but that's what the scientist, rabbi and buddhist said as well. I'm just trying to point out that everyone thinks their believes are right and that everyone else is just ignorant of them.
    So how will one know... until they experience something?

How would one know how to trade the stock markets until they try it? How will one know how to service HVAC equipment until they try it? How will one know how to drive a car until they try it?

IMO, to sit on a pedestal and pass judgement without trying things... well...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Confucius say, " Good concepts have no inventor, only messengers. Men who seek inventors of good concepts do not seek truth, only contention."
    Not sure I agree with this one...

Would one understand the USA more if they simply read the founding documents, or if they studied the lives (or if they had the opportunity interviewed) the writers of those papers?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    And then there is this thing about dozens of authors of the Bible, who never met each other and few of them read each other, who wrote the same thing... Kinda shows there had to be an influence of a higher power than mankind.
    Most of the people back then were illiterate and passed stories about Jesus through word of mouth, which would be hard to trace. So plagiarism is a more likely scenario. Furthermore, no man that authored the Bible ever met or spoke with Jesus. No man that walked with Jesus wrote anything about his life. It was all second hand accounts or less.

The “spiritual influence” was not so much required during the writing of those Books, but was required during the editing of the Bible in 300 AD. And for those who have looked into it, there was a lot of editing of Christian beliefs back then. A lot was thrown out by man.

With all that said: I believe Jesus may have been the most spiritually evolved man to walk the earth in recent times.

Brian: Would you like to get into a discussion about Spiritual things... or should we same that for a different thread?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

How would one know how to trade the stock markets until they try it? How will one know how to service HVAC equipment until they try it? How will one know how to drive a car until they try it?

True dat. Don't get me wrong, your beliefs very well might be true, I just get tired of people dismissing other peoples beliefs as if they might not be. I'm pretty confident in my own beliefs, aka that I'm a human mortal whom knows that there is no scientific proof that what my brain senses are in any way shape or form real. I'm to much of a solipsist do dismiss other peoples beliefs.

Have you ever been president?

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Have you ever been president?
    Thankfully no, anyone who wants that has to be messed up to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    You obviously have not read the Bible or you read but did not comprehend.
    God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit are the very definition of love and compassion. They are all about personal responsibility but at the same time helping those in need. In recent times, this concept of "help" has been perverted into some sick sort of replacement rather than assistance. God also wants us to work hard and not sit idle as idleness is the devil's workshop, which is certainly being proven daily here and around the world. Everyone looks to answers from ungodly men who claim to hold the power to answers but are selling something they neither own nor possess. Only Christ can provide hope. Also, loving God is not just about eternal life but better life here and now.
    Another great post Hearthman. The "help" that so many expect like their expectations of taking their next breath has even entered into the ministry with "prosperity preachers" and ministries that focus on selling people hope but who dont preach the gospel.

Preaching that "life gifts " ( $$$ ) and donations can get you closer to god and riches.

It just takes faith and acceptance to recieve his Grace. Its a personal relationship.

Having faith in Jesus Christ and accepting Gods Grace IS a ticket out of the mess in this world and the next.

Its a lot easier dealing with the nonsense and violence and the depravity of this world once youv'e accepted him and I use to be one mean violent atheistic bastard when I was in my 20s.

I hated the concept of God and just about everyone else too.

Even used some of the same Christian counter arguments I see on this forum from time to time.

Some of you Jesus haters should give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Some of you Jesus haters should give it a try.
    Just curious, do you consider me a "Jesus hater"?

Im a church hater, I love Jesus, God and all that, the church sux
    I only drink a little, but when I do
    I turn into another person and THAT person drinks a lot

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast