Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Preparing for war

From NewsMax

A top Iranian military official said Iran is set to unveil a “domestically produced” cruise missile capable of reaching Israel and being launched from land, sea, and air.

And he dismissed the U.S. deployment of missile defense systems in the region, saying they could never overpower Iranian missiles, Iran-based Press TV disclosed.

Dubbed “Meshkat,” the Iranian cruise missile was announced by Deputy Defense Minister Mehdi Farahi. With a claimed range of 1,242 miles, the missile could easily reach Israeli cities, including Jerusalem, according to the Tehran-based Mehr News Agency.

Farahi told Press TV that the weapon will serve as “the upper hand of the Armed Forces of the Islamic Republic of Iran.”

“The Meshkat cruise missile will have submarine-, ground- and air-launched properties and could also be fired from a warplane.”

Farahi warned that deployment of an American missile defense system aimed at thwarting Iran won’t succeed.

“We hope that nothing would happen. But if any confrontation is to take place, they will see how their claims will turn out to be groundless,” he said.

The commander of the army's air defense force said earlier that Iran has built about 30 percent of a missile defense system it is developing in place of the Russian S-300 system Moscow refused to sell to the Islamic Republic.

The Iranian government has been continuing its bellicose rhetoric against Israel. In August supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei once again threatened Israel with destruction, saying he was confident “the fake Zionist [regime] will disappear from the landscape of geography.”
    Other experts are now saying Iran is anywhere from 6 months to 12 months away from a Nuke. I wonder how long it will be before Israel has had enough of these dirt bags and launches a first strike
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

They are not looking for first strike. They are looking for an umbrella to shield them from others attacking them. That way they can be unopposed in siring up the ME.

I have a good counter to them. Announce that the U.S. will sell each of the neighboring countries a nuke of their own along with a missile programed with Iranian coordinates once Iran is thought to have nukes. The countries will have launch codes but the U.S. will just supply a safe storage and launching platform. If a country fires off its missile prematurely we would have to have words with them afterwards. Explain that if they can not play nice we will take their toys away. (mind you if they shot their load it may not mean much)
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

If the net.... is so worried then why does he just sit there and doom Israel ???

Israel needs to get up off their lazy butts and do something for themselves......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    They are not looking for first strike. They are looking for an umbrella to shield them from others attacking them. That way they can be unopposed in siring up the ME.

I have a good counter to them. Announce that the U.S. will sell each of the neighboring countries a nuke of their own along with a missile programed with Iranian coordinates once Iran is thought to have nukes. The countries will have launch codes but the U.S. will just supply a safe storage and launching platform. If a country fires off its missile prematurely we would have to have words with them afterwards. Explain that if they can not play nice we will take their toys away. (mind you if they shot their load it may not mean much)
    Let me get this straight. You want to arm these countries with US supplied nukes.

Have we not learned anything from the Russians arming Afghans?

What kind of arms/missles do the Iranians have? I haven't heard much talk about this. What is Russia supplying them with? Also, I haven't heard much of what Putin thinks. The USA news media sucks. They seem like they are playing U.S. news media American idol rather than reporting what is important.

I dont know what to believe any more. You cant trust our slanted news, and you cant trust our lying government. Most of all, you cant trust the Israelis who have spied on us and have stollen our technology for years only to sell it to our enemies....not to mention attacking the USS Liberty.

The only thing I do know is that the first casualty of war is the truth.

Let Israel loose some blood for a change, instead of sacrificing American blood for a parasitic nation.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Let me get this straight. You want to arm these countries with US supplied nukes.

Have we not learned anything from the Russians arming Afghans?
    Sure, but under U.S. control. And they are only pointed to Iran.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Sure, but under U.S. control. And they are only pointed to Iran.
    We have no control over anything in those countries. Have you not been watching the news the past week. We can't even keep peace between Palestinians and Israel. And that's just one tiny country.

Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    I dont know what to believe any more. You cant trust our slanted news, and you cant trust our lying government. Most of all, you cant trust the Israelis who have spied on us and have stollen our technology for years only to sell it to our enemies....not to mention attacking the USS Liberty.

The only thing I do know is that the first casualty of war is the truth.

Let Israel loose some blood for a change, instead of sacrificing American blood for a parasitic nation.
    Look up israel's history in the last 60 years. They're a fighting nation bordered on all sides by hatred.

thats what I don't get, why the F do we care if there is peace between those **** holes. Hell let the kim themselves out and whammo, no more issues. Natural selection and we are stopping it.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    What kind of arms/missles do the Iranians have? I haven't heard much talk about this. What is Russia supplying them with? Also, I haven't heard much of what Putin thinks. The USA news media sucks. They seem like they are playing U.S. news media American idol rather than reporting what is important.
    Iran made a deal to get the Russian S-300 missile but the Russians stopped the sale due to UN sanctions.

http://en.rian.ru/mlitary_news/20120713/174592437.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S-300_%28missile%29

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Look up israel's history in the last 60 years. They're a fighting nation bordered on all sides by hatred.
    They have been hated longer than that....by just about everyone it seems. In any case, Im sick of them and the Arabs...let them have at it. Im tired of their sheit being in the news every day for what seems forever.

We can fund both sides and fan the flames until nothing is left of the entire region. Then we can use their bodies as fossil fuel one day.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    Iran is going to get nukes. It is religion. There is some holy-boy that fell down a well, and he will come back to life. At that point, you will have muslim rule of all the world for at least one thousand years. To bring this all about, it will require a sort of Armageddon.

That is what they want, that is what they are doing.

I am personally resigned to the fact that this is going to happen. Sometimes I wonder if I even care anymore.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast