t--boair.....never again.

i want to go on record as saying ill never work on another one of these again..
    made in korea, factory replacement compressor made in italy start components
    arent even close, freon lines not correct.....blew the start cap on start up,
    trippled checked wireing every thing looked correct...im cranky..and its sunday!!

Somehow they got my name, and started calling me to do factory warranty service on some of their stuff. Experienced all the Turbo air foibles like the European "Tecumseh" compressors and the crappy start components. Then I found a reach in freezer with a solenoid valve injecting Hot gas into the liquid line at the outlet of the condenser. Even tho it was an electric defrost unit. When I questioned the tech support guy in Ca. he told me to eliminate it. Then I submitted a bill and they refused to pay me. Now when I see a T/A, I walk away. (mumbling to myself)
    One way to outthink people is to make them think you think. They'll think you're not really thinking what you're trying to get them to think you think...........

ive talked to that guy too, frustrating.

The last Turbo Air I worked on was made in China. Same design and components as the ones from Korea though. French Tecumseh compressors, etc.

I've also run into MasterBilt units which are made by Turbo Air and name branded for MB.

Refrigeration Hardware Supply has a lot of Turbo Air parts available now.

Have you seen Ascend yet? People are buying them like crazy out here because they look great and seem to be almost 1/2 the price of a True. They manufacture them in Korea and put them together in California and call them 'made in USA'

I went on a service call at a restaurant supplier one time for 4 new units. When I was on the dock, I asked where the units were. The man pointed to 3 units still in their shipping crates. I asked: "How do you know that they are bad without unboxing them?" He said: "We unwrap them just enough to plug them in.....These three blew the breaker when we plugged them in."

Ascend sent me a warranty evaporator once, I tried to cut the copper with a tubing cutter and it COLAPSED! Had to use a saw for their stuff because it is so thin.

Quote Originally Posted by tuba View Post
    Have you seen Ascend yet? People are buying them like crazy out here because they look great and seem to be almost 1/2 the price of a True. They manufacture them in Korea and put them together in California and call them 'made in USA'
    Ascend is affiliated with Jimex, which originated the ColdTech line some years back. I believe you're right that they were manufactured in Korea at that time, but now...Ascend manufacturing is in Hanoi, Vietnam.

About Ascend Refrigeration

That casts a different light on the "Made in the USA" claim, doesn't it?

>>>>>> HVAC equipment from asian market

Hmm Thermoadams

Here in Nigeria thats what we face everyday, Guys what is the way out?