Battery operated Sawz-All's - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I use a DeWalt 18 volt because I have 6 XRP batteries. I have rebuilt 2 of the batteries already replacing 6 sub C cell in 1 and 2 in the other.

I use 18v makita and am very pleased with it. Probably not the BEST sawzall, but it uses the same battery as my main drill. I am in service (not construction) so I only use it maybe once a week. I would buy another just like it if it breaks today.

I bought the rigid 24v set 4 years back. The drill and saw just wont die. I can cut 3" sched 40 PVC all day on one battery. Virtually indestructible IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    Here is a great review on recip saws
    http://www.toolsofthetrade.net/indus...ticleID=778706
    excellent reviews, I sincerely doubt whether I would spend $700+ dollars on a recip saw. I kinda like the Milwaukee or the Dewalt. I guess I'll re-read the reviews again tomorrow and try to make a decision

Thanx for the post, thats some great info,
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    excellent reviews, I sincerely doubt whether I would spend $700+ dollars on a recip saw. I kinda like the Milwaukee or the Dewalt. I guess I'll re-read the reviews again tomorrow and try to make a decision

Thanx for the post, thats some great info,
    I didn't see any run time (cuts/charge) in the review. This is important with a cordless sawzall. Makita is not good at all as far as run time. I do like the saw but it wont do much work
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Cant go wrong with either Milwalkee or Dewalt. Whatever your choice between those to you will be happy. Flip a coin, do you like red or yellow.
    It's hard to stop a Trane. but I have made one helluva living keeping them going.

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Mech View Post
    Cant go wrong with either Milwalkee or Dewalt. Whatever your choice between those to you will be happy. Flip a coin, do you like red or yellow.
    LOL I all ready have a 18v DeWalt hammer drill and a Drill/driver, so I guess Im going to just stick with that.

I was just wondering if there was a better choice out there, now would be the time to make a move. I just don't want two or three different tool set-ups. I figure I would scrap one and jump to another, but at these prices (from the reviews) I think I'll just continue with what I have.

Thanx everyone for your input, I appreciate it

Have fun, seeya
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

How do you rebuild them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_K View Post
    I use a DeWalt 18 volt because I have 6 XRP batteries. I have rebuilt 2 of the batteries already replacing 6 sub C cell in 1 and 2 in the other.

I'm sold on the 36 volt Bosch sawzall, it's just like using a corded one. We have several that get used all the time and not a single issue. I used to have a dewalt cordless that sucked and powered out all the time.

DeWalt XRP 18v cuts like no other, only downside is the battery life, if you're using it constantly battery may last you no more than an hour. Tried the Hilti one recently and that was awesome, as long as you use good blades nothing is better than Dewalt

the new little Milwaukee 12 volt fits in my bag. charges in 15 minutes. batteries fit the little drill. I'm not in construction so I usually just need to cut some shaft on a motor or pipe. It is very tough. I love it.

After using battery tools I decided to go back to regular power tools. Batterys are too expensive and don't last long enough.

the rigid tool warranty is a joke, my company supplied my van with the 24v line of rigid tools, hammer drill, saws all, impact, flashlight, skill saw. the tools are OK, but the battery are terrible, i also had a set i got before i worked for this company of the 18v lithium rigid drill and impact, it takes 4-6 weeks for a battery to be warrantied, hopefully there is a place close that will do the claim.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast