Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post
    With a $320 bill I'd look to see what is causing it. How much is your winter bill? Figure up how much your cooling portion is.
    My monthly KWH usage with LECE 87.4 in June 85,3 in July and 86.0 August......

I would figure if 50 to 60 percent of usage is AC then my daily use is 42.7 to 51.6 .... Now I have hot tub but heater is set really low... I was told cost $25.00 per month to operate ... I then have one 4ft chest freezer and one standard ref inside the garage..... Old 40 gallon hot water heater, electric oven and stove top .. 2 kids taking baths every night lol ......

Quote Originally Posted by captgene View Post
    I wish my electric bill was 1200.00 a yr
    My monthly bill is around 320.00...
    I do have hot tub 2ref one chest freezer
    $1,200 per year ($0.11/kw-hr) is MY Estimate for your current A/C Only.
    [ I.m not sure if your neighbors are using Your meter. ]

My Annual TOTAL electric bill is < $1,000 at FPL rate of $0.099/ kw-hr
    My Highest bill is $130 in August.
    Many months are < $70 with < 650 KW-HR
    2,200 KW-HR IN WINTER is an obvious ALERT that the A/C is ONLY a small portion of your annual electric bill.

You R E A L L Y Need to perform
    ________ http://www.lcec.net/energysurvey/
    _______go to bottom _ "CLICK HERE "

PLUS CALL FOR SURVEY BY ... PRO ENERGY RATER PROVIDED FREE BY LCEC.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

rounding up to Daily 90 Monthly 2700
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

I would figure if 50 to 60 percent of usage is AC then my daily use is 42.7 to 51.6 .....
    50 kw /day or ~ 12 hours operating per day = 4 kW / hr ... sounds about right, OK
    200 days/ year ( roughly 7 months) * 50 kw/day = 10,000 kW-hr @ $0.11 = $1,100 Annual for A/C

Worst case 4.4 kW / hr for each operating hour.
    Worst case 2,600 operating hours /200 days * 13 hours / day
    _______ 11,440 kw-hr per year
    _______ $0.11 / kw-hr
    ______ $1,258 / year A/C cooling for a "semi-old" unit

New 15+ SEER 3-ton should be roughly 3 kw/ hr
    Maximum = 3/ 4.4 * $1,258 = $858 ... ~ $400 less per year

Need to reduce load to ~ 29,000 BTU/Hr maximum by tinting South & West windows AND whatever LCEC Energy Advisor recommends.

_ _ INCLUDING SEALING THE DUCT SYSTEM in order to achieve the expected performance of a new unit!
    Designer Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    50 kw /day or ~ 12 hours operating per day = 4 kW / hr ... sounds about right, OK
    200 days/ year ( roughly 7 months) * 50 kw/day = 10,000 kW-hr @ $0.11 = $1,100 Annual for A/C

Worst case 4.4 kW / hr for each operating hour.
    Worst case 2,600 operating hours /200 days * 13 hours / day
    _______ 11,440 kw-hr per year
    _______ $0.11 / kw-hr
    ______ $1,258 / year A/C cooling for a "semi-old" unit

New 15+ SEER 3-ton should be roughly 3 kw/ hr
    Maximum = 3/ 4.4 * $1,258 = $858 ... ~ $400 less per year

Need to reduce load to ~ 29,000 BTU/Hr maximum by tinting South & West windows AND whatever LCEC Energy Advisor recommends.

_ _ INCLUDING SEALING THE DUCT SYSTEM in order to achieve the expected performance of a new unit!
    Dan
    Great suggestion

I have contact LECE to send someone out to check my house .I will keep you posted thanks again for your time

Clean Effect

Thanks for reply

Do you have any experience with Clean Effect or Perfect Fit 5 .... So contractor likes the Clean Effect and the other one stated its "nothing but a problem and hard to clean" ... So he quoted the Perfect fit 5

Dan
    Great suggestion

I have contact LECE to send someone out to check my house .I will keep you posted thanks again for your time

Thanks for reply

Do you have any experience with Clean Effect or Perfect Fit 5 ....
    So contractor likes the Clean Effect and the other one stated its "nothing but a problem and hard to clean" ... So he quoted the Perfect fit 5
    The Perfect Fit 5 would be my personal preference.
    If someone has respiratory issues, I'd use room purifier(s) / with HEPA filter.

I bought a Hunter Fan several years ago & just run it at night.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000CCYSV8/..._df_B000CCYSV8
    Designer Dan

Thanks for input.

I am almost ready to decide but would like for you to help me decide

What would you install .I do plan on staying in this house next 10 yrs . I don't want to regard in a few years not purchasing the top of the line unit as i have read on forums ...

1) Trane XR15 Gam5 3.5 tons with clean effects and UV light ,,10kw heat 16 seer with honeywell Pro 8000 stat
    2) Trane XB 14 ,4tttp 3.5 ton wth clean effect and no UV ,10kw heat ,16 seer with Tcon900ac Stat this proposal was higher then above
    3 Tops of line at Trane at 35% more then above XL201 with Tam8 4 ton , 10kw heat ,18 seer ,clean effects, NO uv light with top of line XL950 Stat ( looks like sweet stat )

What is difference between a GAM and TAM Hyrerion ?

Thanks your input in great

The clean effects filters are not working for communication with the xl20i yet...should be a faceplate changeout when available. The XL950 is a really great thermostat, needs to be updated to verison 2.1 to work with the new TAM8 (easy update by the tech with a sd card). The fact that the XL20i is fully communicating with both the condenser and airhandler/furnace is a big plus...but can give lots of onscreen alerts that are not really any type of system failure. The onscreen alerts and diagnostics can help with over the phone diagnostic for a tech to get an idea what is going on. I like setting up the picture frame screen saver. There used to be a monthly fee to access the thermostat through Nexia, (phone and pc apps) but that is now free! XR is a good value price point....but the XB for the price difference is not really worth it. Tam7 and Tam8 airhandlers allow better humidity control over the Gam5.

The Tam8 is a variable speed cfm communicating air handler
    The Tam7 is a variable speed cfm non communicating air handler
    and the Gam5 is a constant torque (x13) non communicating air handler

Variable speed blowers can change their speeds based on input from the thermostat.....x13 motors are usually preprogrammed and fixed functionality.
    Who wants to drink from the condensate drain?!?!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345