Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    this is reason I am on this forum for suggestion on replacement unit...I just dont know what company here in my area to trust... the company that has serviced this unit give m price on a comfort maker,Bryant,along with trane..they prefer trane ..since I cant post prices i dont know what is fair price please help I have 13 seer 3'5 Ton .is any manufacturer offering an rebate at this time .never though it was so hard to purchase ac unit but so many chives it confusing

the 13 seer units quoted all come with 10yr part and only on year labor.but If I depend additional $ I can get 16 Seer unit with 10 yr labor too.I have email the dealer listed on this website in m area to see about a quote .there is only one company listed for my area of Florida
    Last edited by beenthere; 09-17-2012 at 07:30 AM. Reason: price

Prices vary so greatly that is why we don't talk prices in public.

If you can't find a company on htalk then look at each companies website or any other means you have...ask some friends who they use

AC system is the 3rd most expensive thing you buy in your life...and yet the most neglected...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Testing....Signature on Full Site Forum

IMHO the 14-15 SEER units offer the best value for the money. You get another EER point or 2 vs. a 13 SEER and better build quality. EER is the number to be concerned about IMHO, it's the efficiency at 95 outside/80 inside vs SEER which is 82/80. Yup, SEER is based on a TWO degree difference inside/outside.

EER vs SEER now more confusion.. So i should be asking what is the EER and not get caught up in seer...

Can anyone please make a suggestions with model /part numbers for american standard ,rheem ,trane that would be efficient in SW florida 2200sq ft house currently have 3.5 ton unit that seems like its alway running lol. .We only use heat 10 to 20 day per year but AC runs everyday since high avg 80 to 95 today like this time of yr. .....

EER is hot weather efficiency, SEER is seasonal efficiency with an emphasis on cool weather cooling. In a hot climate, one would want to put an emphasis on finding a system with higher EER.

Find the dealer you feel the most comfortable with and have him choose the equipment. Most of the equipment is comparable, good dealers are hard to find.

Can someone please tell me if this good HVAC system . I live in ft myers Fl (HOT) . I currently have a 3.5 ton, 13 SEER Rleem that is 10 yrs. old.Crazy electric bills No heat pump, just heat strips. house is around 2100st cement block ,3 /2 /2
    I just got quote from a company for a Trane 3.5 ton (XB14 model 4TTB4042E1) with a matching Hyperion air handler (model CAM5AOCH2M31). Honeywell Pro 8000 Stat ,10KW heat strip and they are throwing in a UV light ... I was going to ask them to throw in a 4 inch media filter cabinet too

Also come with 10 yrs parts and 10 yrs labor .... Service /Sale guy told me labor warranty would be though Trane... So I can call any dealer to fix unit. If I didn't call them .. Is this true ?

AM I purchasing a good system. This there any upgrades I should ask for ?
    Like media filter ?
    Heat pumps ?
    Dual heat stripes?
    Different stat ?
    Am I missing anything ? They are going to be using all my old drain lines and refrigeration piping too

I value everyone input

thanks in advance.

I'd be looking at a heat pump instead of regular heat strips for the winter.
    A heat pump gives 2-3X the heat vs. heat strips for every watt used.

Quote Originally Posted by 54regcab View Post

When it does come time to replace, consider a heat pump if you live in an all electric home.
    You do NOT need to consider a heat pump in Ft Myers/ Cape Coral.

I know my heat strips do not come on even once a year most years.
    Exception was 2 years ago for part of January.

Did you get service or quotes from the firms I recommended in my e-mail to you the other day?

I wouldn't consider a Rheem unit if the first one is ACTUALLY dying after only 10 years.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by captgene View Post
    Can someone please tell me if this good HVAC system. I live in ft myers Fl (HOT) .

I currently have a 3.5 ton, 13 SEER Rleem that is 10 yrs. old.Crazy electric bills No heat pump, just heat strips. house is around 2100st cement block ,3 /2 /2

I just got quote from a company for a Trane 3.5 ton (XB14 model 4TTB4042E1) with a matching Hyperion air handler (model CAM5AOCH2M31). Honeywell Pro 8000 Stat ,10KW heat strip and they are throwing in a UV light ... I was going to ask them to throw in a 4 inch media filter
    I have a 3.5 ton 11 year old 10 SEER Armstrong unit for a 1800 square foot residence in Lee County.
    Electric bill is about $50 - $80 / month higher than Spring bills for 5 or 6 months a year.

Annual service agreement from recommended firm includes service twice a year.
    I can even reccommend the honest, qualified, experienced, good natured service tech you need to request.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by jtrammel View Post
    York might be a good unit, but I don't think there are too well represented in SW FL.
    Designer Dan

Quote Originally Posted by captgene View Post
    the 13 seer units quoted all come with 10yr part and only on year labor.but If I depend additional $ I can get 16 Seer unit with 10 yr labor too.I have email the dealer listed on this website in m area to see about a quote .there is only one company listed for my area of Florida
    I think there are more than 500 mechanical contractors in SW FL.
    Designer Dan

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast