+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disconnect Condenser and Reconnect

Post Likes
    I agree. Documenting it and getting at least the contractor to review and sign it. Lots of times I don't even know who the homeowner is. Its one of those things where the contractor says just go get it done and you will see the guys working out front.

There's good money in it. Its pretty much just labor and a few parts and I have to make the contractor happy so he'll keep me busy in the winter. Now watch, what will happen is hvac will slow down and I'll get under bid after putting up with this over the summer and end up losing over the winter.

I try my hardest to make sure the system is functioning well before I pull it out and do everything I can to make sure it will run well when re-installed. It doesn't bother me if I have to put a new part in because I think its going to fail in a situation like this.

I don't want to remove the condenser off site like beenthere said, it leads to doubt in the homeowner and contractor. If I write down condenser is the homeowners responsibility after disconnected. The other thing is older condensers don't like to be moved. Its easy for them to get loose and shake. You have to kind of baby them.

Post Likes
    Beautiful! Pete838, love the legalese! hope this isn't copyrighted.....
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    This is insane!!!! Unhook the low voltage, high voltage, Cut the lines and braze them shut!!!! What's the problem??????Do you want me to come do it for you? lol

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    This is insane!!!! Unhook the low voltage, high voltage, Cut the lines and braze them shut!!!! What's the problem??????Do you want me to come do it for you? lol
    Think the 'problem' is since the unit is ancient he is worried about any liabiblity if it fails after he reinstalls. Hes just trying to cover his a$$ thats all. Worst case compressor fails after a week and then your on the hook for a new unit since you were last one to touch. So the disclaimer clause should keep him out of trouble....
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by KB Cool View Post
    Amen just add no warranty on the dotted line. Done this a number of times and never had a worry. I do always stress to whoever has the unit to store it safely from vandals since it is so easy to move.

Post Likes
    Last company I worked for did these disconnect reconnects for a landscaping company. Never was an issue. Ended up doing quite a few. We also ran a lot of gaslines for outdoor fireplaces and bbq grills.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by artdavila View Post
    Beautiful! Pete838, love the legalese! hope this isn't copyrighted.....
    Nope, go fer it. I don't get to turn wrenches nearly as much as I deal with contracts and proposals. Glad I could help.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pcp View Post
    Last company I worked for did these disconnect reconnects for a landscaping company. Never was an issue. Ended up doing quite a few. We also ran a lot of gaslines for outdoor fireplaces and bbq grills.
    I see a good few of these on commercial re-roofs. Here in FL when the CU is moved for a re-roof it goes back on a nice, shiny new aluminum stand that's been engineered, approved, and inspected. Height, bracing, everything prescribed by code. No more patio blocks, 4x4's, etc. A good sized strip mall or office building might have 50+ of these things to disconnect and reinstall on stands.

Post Likes
    I always break the bill out to two invoices. Bill for pumpdown and disconnect. Then bill the other later.

Sent from my ERIS using Tapatalk 2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in