Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Do you remember January 3, 2007? I do!

This came across GA's Email... thought it worth posting.

Many receiving this don't like G. W. Bush, and will declare that it's wrong! But this is a History lesson, so I'm sending it to all, regardless of party. And, I bet I know who won't read it -- those afraid of the truth. But it is history, and nothing we do can change the facts listed here!!

The day the Democrats took over was NOT January 20, 2009, it was actually January 3, 2007, the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.

The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

For those who are listening to liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:

On January 3, 2007, the day the Democrats took control of Congress:

The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77
    The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
    The Unemployment rate was 4.6%
    George Bush's Economic policies had SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB CREATION! Remember that day...?

January 3rd, 2007 was the day Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee. The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
    BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

THANK YOU DEMOCRATS (especially Barney), for taking us from 13,000 DOW, 3.5 GDP and 4.6% Unemployment to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOES! (BTW: Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy). Barney blocked it and called it a "Chicken Little Philosophy" (but... the sky did fall!) And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? -- OBAMA!

And who fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie? OBAMA and the Democrat Congress, especially BARNEY!

So when someone tries to blame Bush...
    REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!" Bush may have been in the car, but the Democrats were in charge of the gas pedal and steering wheel while they were driving the economy into the ditch. Budgets are not passed in the White House. They are passed by Congress, and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party.

Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 & 2009 as well as 2010 & 2011. Obama has now gone 1,000 days without a budget, and is still blaming it on the Republicans! In that first year, Congress had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending when Bush, somewhat belatedly, got tough on spending increases.

For FY 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed Lame Duck President George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the 2009 budget.
    And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of those massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009.

Let's remember what the deficits looked like during that period:
    If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.

If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself and a Democratic Congress.

In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is: "I inherited a deficit that I voted for, and then I expanded that deficit four-fold since January 20th 2009."

There is no way this will be widely publicized unless each of us sends it on!

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

I agree.
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...r-wall-street/

Watch it, learn it, understand it. Not some floating E-mail.
    FEN

Good reading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

Another good thread from ga here. Good one John. That is what you would call sticking to the facts. Congress passes the laws. The one thing that Bush screwed up was that he didn't fight the leftest Democrats and veto all their outrageous bills on spending, regulations and government empowerment. He was cowed down by the leftest press and the Democratic cabal controlling Congress and strangling our economy. Thank you, thank you very much.
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by the mojo View Post
    http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...r-wall-street/

Watch it, learn it, understand it. Not some floating E-mail.
    You might be interested to know I have been a stock trader by hobby for decades... I probably could have written the script... except PBS and NPR is/are as hopelessly liberal (read that naive) as the DEM party.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Another good thread from ga here. Good one John. That is what you would call sticking to the facts. Congress passes the laws. The one thing that Bush screwed up was that he didn't fight the leftest Democrats and veto all their outrageous bills on spending, regulations and government empowerment. He was cowed down by the leftest press and the Democratic cabal controlling Congress and strangling our economy. Thank you, thank you very much.
    One whole post without the word "commie" ..... I'm speechless

So when someone tries to blame Bush...REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!" Bush may have been in the car, but the Democrats were in charge of the gas pedal and steering wheel while they were driving the economy into the ditch. Budgets are not passed in the White House. They are passed by Congress, and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party.
    So while Bush was Prez but the Democrats driving the bus the debt to GDP started to go down where it was rising before.

Surplus to debt chart shows that when the Dems were driving the bus the deficits were turned into surpluses. (that is what gets you out of debt)

Federal debt chart, better resolution.

To be fair you started a couple of wars after 2002 but instead of asking for the public to play for them as you went on you got the Bush tax cuts (which were to be temporary until the economy got better).

So who gets the credit and who gets the blame? Well it all depends on how you spin things. Not that I am backing the Democrats (actually I like when the Republicans are in power, more money to Canada) just showing selective information can sell anything as long as you ignore everything else.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by syndicated View Post
    One whole post without the word "commie" ..... I'm speechless
    Well syndicated even I don't want to be accused of being redundant and only having a limited vocabulary even though it may sound that way to some. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

For those who are listening to liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", think about this:[/FONT]
    Not everything just a majority of it.

January 3rd, 2007 was the day Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee. The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?[/FONT] BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

THANK YOU DEMOCRATS (especially Barney), for taking us from 13,000 DOW, 3.5 GDP and 4.6% Unemployment to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from YOUR Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac FIASCOES! (BTW: Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy). Barney blocked it and called it a "Chicken Little Philosophy" (but... the sky did fall!) And who took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac? -- OBAMA!
    Bush had both houses of congress until 2007, yet neither he nor the Republican congress did anything about FANNIE AND fREDDIE. In fact Bush and the Republican congress were relentless in their zeal to remove regulations from financial institutions.

So when someone tries to blame Bush...[/FONT]REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!" Bush may have been in the car, but the Democrats were in charge of the gas pedal and steering wheel while they were driving the economy into the ditch. Budgets are not passed in the White House. They are passed by Congress, and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party. Furthermore, the Democrats controlled the budget process for 2008 & 2009 as well as 2010 & 2011. Obama has now gone 1,000 days without a budget, and is still blaming it on the Republicans! In that first year, Congress had to contend with George Bush, which caused them to compromise on spending when Bush, somewhat belatedly, got tough on spending increases.

For FY 2009 though, Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid bypassed Lame Duck President George Bush entirely, passing continuing resolutions to keep government running until Barack Obama could take office. At that time, they passed a massive omnibus spending bill to complete the 2009 budget.
    And where was Barack Obama during this time? He was a member of that very Congress that passed all of those massive spending bills, and he signed the omnibus bill as President to complete 2009.

Let's remember what the deficits looked like during that period:
    If the Democrats inherited any deficit, it was the 2007 deficit, the last of the Republican budgets. That deficit was the lowest in five years, and the fourth straight decline in deficit spending. After that, Democrats in Congress took control of spending, and that includes Barack Obama, who voted for the budgets.

If Obama inherited anything, he inherited it from himself and a Democratic Congress.

In a nutshell, what Obama is saying is: "I inherited a deficit that I voted for, and then I expanded that deficit four-fold since January 20th 2009."
    [FONT=&amp]
    What this conservative apologist doesn't tell you is that the Omnibus Bill was a mere fraction of the 3.5 trillion in spending that Bush had requested and signed into law ealier in the 2009 fiscal year. Besides this 3.5 trillion spending spree, we add the various Bush bailouts and stimulus spending. Make no mistake, these were Bush's budgets and he was responsible for the budgets until the end of the fiscal year which ended Sept. 30, 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    You might be interested to know I have been a stock trader by hobby for decades... I probably could have written the script... except PBS and NPR is/are as hopelessly liberal (read that naive) as the DEM party.
    Masters and Duhan were not liberals and Born was spot on but had her teeth yanked by Greenspan the great.

Keep the interest rates low, with the lowest reserves possible to avoid risk.
    FEN

You guys with your three levels of power thing makes it hard to attribute cause and effect. Here the Prime Minister is the head of the ruling party and once they get into power and pass a budget (yes the counting does not start on day one, the old budget still is in effect, also major legislation that will effect the economy takes time to get passed, doubt it is different for you) you can point definitive fingers.

I do not understand the Bush tax cuts now that it was the Democrats controlling things. How was that possible?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Regardless of how one spins the so called facts... there is a simple truth here which cannot be denied:

Congress, specifically the House of Reps, by Constitutional law, MUST originate ALL spending at the federal level... that is the LAW. So in a nutshell: whomever controls the house (and it is easier if they control the senate also) is responsible for the economic climate of the country.

Sorry Dems and Libs... you are caught with irrefutable facts against you.

Now you can amuse the folks who understand how things really work with your endless lies and spin... however when the smoke clears... the facts will not change.

Thought: Why would BHO need Bill Clinton to help him campaign... unless his re-election campaign is in SERIOUS trouble... Just common sense... something Dems and Libs are uncommonly short on... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast