+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Decided to join the DC army!!

Post Likes

Decided to join the DC army!!

Just ordered my ak-900 and am stoked to get them from trutech tools! Disappointed that they are backordered 2-3 weeks though!

It was time for me to branch out and give the 550 the back seat. After having my manifold for it leak nitrogen back into the system that still ha refer in it. None too happy about that....

Had an extra yellow jacket manifold laying around so what the hey, why not.

Clover you need not comment!

Post Likes
    You're not getting the DC manifold?

Welcome to the club. Have a swig of Kool-ade and pass the jug...

Post Likes
    I decided not to on the manifold. One of the guys I work with has it and I didn't care for the feel. I have an old YJ 41 series manifold I don't use often so I figured I'd save a few bucks and use it.

Bad move?

Post Likes
    Don't know.

I use YJ41s on mine and don't have a problem at all with them.

Post Likes
    i am interested in getting a set of digital gauges and was wondering why you went with the digi cools, just wondering what features it had that you liked, im not trying to start a fight between brands just want to know what each has and the reasons people buy the brand they did

Post Likes
    I just felt like I needed something bigger on it. Plus I really like that manifold.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by norm36 View Post
    i am interested in getting a set of digital gauges and was wondering why you went with the digi cools, just wondering what features it had that you liked, im not trying to start a fight between brands just want to know what each has and the reasons people buy the brand they did
    There are two main reasons I would go DC.

1. The durability. Read all the threads here about the problems guys have with their gauges and you'll see what I mean.

2. The dynamic bar graph. DC is the only one that has this and once you get used to it you will love it!

The DC does not have a micron gauge, which is not really necessary since pulling vacuum through manifold is not good practice anyway.

The DC does not do target SH like the field piece units.

The DC is simply a very accurate pressure gauge that gives you precise sat temps. Also it uses thermistor sensors for better temperature accuracy than thermocouples.

Post Likes
    i just ordered my DC today with the temp velcro temp sensors... Just need to pair them up with a new set of hoses now. I can't wait

Post Likes
    Ordered mine last Sunday from trutech, hope it ships soon.

Post Likes
    Congrats on the ak900's guys. Im sure you will come to really enjoy using them.
    OP I would call Trutech and get the set with the manifold. I really like it. Hell if you dont like it sell them in the junkyard for $40.00. But I have a feeling you will.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    the manifold was included in the price it wasn't even an option to not include it...

Post Likes
    I might be grabbing a set too..... I was holding out for the sman4s to go along with my HG3 setup, but god knows how long till they are done with QA on em..... and I need a set.......

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Whendrickson View Post
    I might be grabbing a set too..... I was holding out for the sman4s to go along with my HG3 setup, but god knows how long till they are done with QA on em..... and I need a set.......
    I had a friend call me last week. I have not talked to him in about a year. Turns out after sending his Sman 3's back to Fieldpiece multiple times and numerous pipe clamps and manifold issues later, he wanted to know how my digicools were working. I told him I have had 0 problems and 0 downtime.. Im pretty sure he ordered a set...

Too bad he has a $350.00 paperweight..

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Post Likes
    it was the best thing I ever brought , i got a gauge for a month and the backlight was stop working , I sent a email to digicool , in 1 hour Doug call me and tell me to send it back to them and guess what I got a new sensor too , how can you ask for more .

Post Likes
    I ordered the velcro sensors also. They are good up to 3" and I can't think of any lines bigger than that that I deal with. I realized I needed those extra sensors since I can only take 2 pipe temperatures with my Cooper.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by keef View Post
    the manifold was included in the price it wasn't even an option to not include it...
    Here it is without the manifold so you can use whatever manifold you want.
    http://www.trutechtools.com/Digi-Coo...ld_p_2022.html
    “If You Can Dodge A Wrench You Can Dodge A Ball”

Post Likes
    Ryan...

here's the picture I was trying to send you.

Name:  IMG00076-20100331-1422.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  44.6 KB

Post Likes
    Great, I can easily come up with those. I forgot that manifold didn't have a sight glass on it. Ack! Thanks for the viz aid.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Ryan...

here's the picture I was trying to send you.

Name:  IMG00076-20100331-1422.jpg
Views: 422
Size:  44.6 KB

whats up with all those ball valves at the manifold?

Post Likes
    Love my AK900...just wish I got to use it more often, got out of school and entered the RV/camper tech field, everyone in residential wants the experienced ones around here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in