Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Decided to join the DC army!!

Just ordered my ak-900 and am stoked to get them from trutech tools! Disappointed that they are backordered 2-3 weeks though!

It was time for me to branch out and give the 550 the back seat. After having my manifold for it leak nitrogen back into the system that still ha refer in it. None too happy about that....

Had an extra yellow jacket manifold laying around so what the hey, why not.

Clover you need not comment!

I decided not to on the manifold. One of the guys I work with has it and I didn't care for the feel. I have an old YJ 41 series manifold I don't use often so I figured I'd save a few bucks and use it.

Bad move?

i am interested in getting a set of digital gauges and was wondering why you went with the digi cools, just wondering what features it had that you liked, im not trying to start a fight between brands just want to know what each has and the reasons people buy the brand they did

I just felt like I needed something bigger on it. Plus I really like that manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by norm36 View Post
    i am interested in getting a set of digital gauges and was wondering why you went with the digi cools, just wondering what features it had that you liked, im not trying to start a fight between brands just want to know what each has and the reasons people buy the brand they did
    There are two main reasons I would go DC.

1. The durability. Read all the threads here about the problems guys have with their gauges and you'll see what I mean.

2. The dynamic bar graph. DC is the only one that has this and once you get used to it you will love it!

The DC does not have a micron gauge, which is not really necessary since pulling vacuum through manifold is not good practice anyway.

The DC does not do target SH like the field piece units.

The DC is simply a very accurate pressure gauge that gives you precise sat temps. Also it uses thermistor sensors for better temperature accuracy than thermocouples.

i just ordered my DC today with the temp velcro temp sensors... Just need to pair them up with a new set of hoses now. I can't wait

Ordered mine last Sunday from trutech, hope it ships soon.

Congrats on the ak900's guys. Im sure you will come to really enjoy using them.
    OP I would call Trutech and get the set with the manifold. I really like it. Hell if you dont like it sell them in the junkyard for $40.00. But I have a feeling you will.
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

the manifold was included in the price it wasn't even an option to not include it...

I might be grabbing a set too..... I was holding out for the sman4s to go along with my HG3 setup, but god knows how long till they are done with QA on em..... and I need a set.......

Quote Originally Posted by Whendrickson View Post
    I might be grabbing a set too..... I was holding out for the sman4s to go along with my HG3 setup, but god knows how long till they are done with QA on em..... and I need a set.......
    I had a friend call me last week. I have not talked to him in about a year. Turns out after sending his Sman 3's back to Fieldpiece multiple times and numerous pipe clamps and manifold issues later, he wanted to know how my digicools were working. I told him I have had 0 problems and 0 downtime.. Im pretty sure he ordered a set...

Too bad he has a $350.00 paperweight..
    Gotta have the right tool for the job!

Where is all the stuff MADE IN THE USA?

"Thats what we do Troy. Incredible, Invisible, Imbelivable things. We are an Unseen, Unknown, Unvincible fraternity of craftsman.."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast