Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    I can't really commit a lot more time to the thread due to other responsibilities but I'll try to address the recent posts.

Freemind, we could spend a very long time taking excerpts from the bible and the Koran and turning each one into a positive or negative, it mostly depends on what the persons agenda is. Unfortunately there are those in the Muslim world who would use Islam as a vessel to carry there terror and violence not unlike other cases in history where Christianity was perverted for these purposes.

AStudent, I don't want to sound like I have all the answers. You bring up valid points, I don't look down on people who believe that any killing is wrong.

2sac, I went to an international boarding school for hs, there I met educated Muslims, Jews, buddhists, Christians, etc from all sorts of ethnic backgrounds, many became friends. I've also lived in Louisville KY and Denver CO. The area of Louisville I lived in was mixed between white and black, in Denver the neighborhood included Arabic Muslims, israeli Jews, white Christians and more a lot of my prejudices were proved wrong there. The problem you speak of with handouts is a very different issue than the one of treating everyone with respect, I have strong opinions about what I believe is poorly placed spending by our government that only creates a continuation of the problem rather than a solution but that would be for another thread.

Hurtinhvac, you have some good topics there, should extremist Muslims be separated from educated hard working Muslims, I think so but many others don't. Anytime things get to a radical point everyone should be prepared for the possible outcomes, Iran nuke crisis possibly looming for example, but that doesn't mean I'll hold the door open for a white lady and not an Iranian man.

jmac00, I imagine with how stressed out those communities are from there own social issues and our presence in the region it makes us easy targets to lash out at.

Thank you hugh b, canyousayinsanity, AStudent, freemind, tool slinger, printer 2, jmac00, tedkidd, corny, hurtinhvac and 2sac for taking time to read, think and comment. I'm not going to be a frequent poster in the arp but I look forward to gleaning more tech knowledge from everyone at Hvac-talk.
    I've taken the time to read your comments, think and now I'm responding. It took all of about 5 minutes. Please knock off with the pansy "we are all just one religion and one just one color and just one people" crap. My gosh man the Bible says some people are going to heaven and some people are going to hell. The stakes are enormous. There can't be any bigger differences between people than that. The difference between those two groups of people is incredible compared to the differences such as skin color, and "religion". IMHO you should do everything in your power to make sure you aren't in the second group (and that is for all of eternity by the way), but that you are in the first group. Please knock of this liberal pansy "we're all just one" really kind of thinking. Jesus said, "I've come to bring a sword--to set a father against his son and a daughter against her mother". Do you even have a Bible?

I've been waiting for the so called vast majority of peace loving moderate Muslims, to repudiate and stop funding/aiding the so called tiny minority of radicals causing all the problems.
    I suspect I'll be waiting a very long time.
    While the majority of Muslims may not wish to engage in the kinds of activities the "radical minority" do, most of them don't seem to be opposed to it enough to do much about it, or even speak out against it.

Name:  cantcoexist.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  18.5 KB

The people represented by the 1st and 3rd symbols seem to be the only ones unable/unwilling to "Coexist".
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    I've taken the time to read your comments, think and now I'm responding. It took all of about 5 minutes. Please knock off with the pansy "we are all just one religion and one just one color and just one people" crap. My gosh man the Bible says some people are going to heaven and some people are going to hell. The stakes are enormous. There can't be any bigger differences between people than that. The difference between those two groups of people is incredible compared to the differences such as skin color, and "religion". IMHO you should do everything in your power to make sure you aren't in the second group (and that is for all of eternity by the way), but that you are in the first group. Please knock of this liberal pansy "we're all just one" really kind of thinking. Jesus said, "I've come to bring a sword--to set a father against his son and a daughter against her mother". Do you even have a Bible?
    Hell is for babies, Earth....now that's a *****!

Quote Originally Posted by mark beiser View Post
    I've been waiting for the so called vast majority of peace loving moderate Muslims, to repudiate and stop funding/aiding the so called tiny minority of radicals causing all the problems.
    I suspect I'll be waiting a very long time.
    While the majority of Muslims may not wish to engage in the kinds of activities the "radical minority" do, most of them don't seem to be opposed to it enough to do much about it, or even speak out against it.

Name:  cantcoexist.JPG
Views: 90
Size:  18.5 KB

The people represented by the 1st and 3rd symbols seem to be the only ones unable/unwilling to "Coexist".
    Most islamists are peaceful. They support the islamic community. The islamic community supports imams. Imams support jihad. Sort of. My point being that islam as a structure is sort of layered like an onion. The muslim woman who wears the 'mickey-mouse' tee shirt or the little boy with the rubber ducky are all muslims.

We cannot hate them. But we should reject them, and we will not for political correctness.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Most islamists are peaceful. They support the islamic community. The islamic community supports imams. Imams support jihad. Sort of. My point being that islam as a structure is sort of layered like an onion. The muslim woman who wears the 'mickey-mouse' tee shirt or the little boy with the rubber ducky are all muslims.

We cannot hate them. But we should reject them, and we will not for political correctness.

Seems to me we have religious zealots on both sides he!! bent on killing each other.

While the majority of us whether we be Muslim or Christian are just left to try to figure out why.

Ask either group why and here is your answer:

The obvious answer from the Christians and Jews will be they are trying to kill us.

The obvious answer from the Muslims will be they are trying to kill us.

IMO this problem is not going away any time soon. If ever.

The Muslims do not have the capacity to war (in general terms) with the US or Isreal so they will continue to strike as they can using any means they can.

And that means currently is Terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Here's my problem. Call me racist, whatever. We live in America. America was founded on Christian values. You want to come to America? Time to become American. Assimilation doesn't work. The "Rodney King" attitude our government has is going to be the death of us all.
    Mason, I don't know where you live,(western ky is a big place) but make your way to a major metropolitan area sometime. You may see things differently than rainbows and lolipops. I'm not seeing too many of our muslim friends becoming American. Maybe taking advantage of our system... We should keep sending money to people who yell "Death to America"? The muslim community on a global basis is sucking upwards of 40% of welfare benefits. (I am not a supporter of welfare) Polygamus marriages? I guess that's OK in your christian world. Muslim leardership keeps their populous stupid and uniformed. That's what we need to fear. A bunch of f'ing morons who have no clue why they are doing what they're doing except Mohammed told them so.

The muslim community is smart. They have learned to take advantage of our system (as have many other "communities") The difference being, the poor and lazy want free handouts. The muslims want to kill us like a cancer. One cell at a time.

Did you see the video that caused all the ruckus? Worst piece of crap I've seen. But they're stupid enough to take it seriously. That says alot about a community.
    This is the crap that drives be up the wall....I married a lady whose family has ties to the Muslim world....sure my wife was born in this town and hell her dad served 20 years in the us army...but because of their Muslim heritage people think their bad....

Every member of her family has worked there asses off to become the persons they are today...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Testing....Signature on Full Site Forum

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Seems to me we have religious zealots on both sides he!! bent on killing each other.

While the majority of us whether we be Muslim or Christian are just left to try to figure out why.

Ask either group why and here is your answer:

The obvious answer from the Christians and Jews will be they are trying to kill us.

The obvious answer from the Muslims will be they are trying to kill us.

IMO this problem is not going away any time soon. If ever.

The Muslims do not have the capacity to war (in general terms) with the US or Isreal so they will continue to strike as they can using any means they can.

And that means currently is Terrorism.
    I really wish Islam would reform. They have nothing to gain by fighting western civilization. They have major internal problems to work out, I understand that, but striking out abroad only makes the case for extermination. I am saying this without hate, just a logical point of view.

And can anyone tell me what terrorist are fighting? We have nothing to offer worth fighting against.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by TCreacy View Post
    This is the crap that drives be up the wall....I married a lady whose family has ties to the Muslim world....sure my wife was born in this town and hell her dad served 20 years in the us army...but because of their Muslim heritage people think their bad....

Every member of her family has worked there asses off to become the persons they are today...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    Curious what religion your family practices?

Quote Originally Posted by 2sac View Post
    Oh look! An American (with a muslim name)
    arrested for trying to blow up a bar in my hometown.
    http://news.yahoo.com/teen-charged-t...203440707.html
    Not every muslim is trying to kill us. Mason came here to talk/reason. This is the type of muxlim we should embrace.

If they get to know us they will like us. Or decide not and cut off our heads.

I would be pissed too if i had drones flying over my house everyday...making sure I didn't act funny. I would probably wanta bomb somethin too if someone killed my leader, or put soldiers on the streets.

****ing America I swear....we would suck the skin off a hot dog to have freedom but we would damn sure enact martial law on someone if we thought they might have something we could take from them. What I find funny is that many people here call the news liberal media (basically garbage) but once anything about the middle east comes on the liberal media is right every time!

I love America, but my God we are some hard headed fools who drink a lot of kool-aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Curious what religion your family practices?
    Whats that matter..the US constitution allows for freedom of religion.

Her Grandparent came over during the civil war of Lebanon..They purchased a farm, and ran a store. Sent everyone of there boys to the military and they all became doctors/lawyers.

My wife and I are christians for the rest of her family, I dont know nor care...

Local Muslims Speak Out Against Recent Violence

Your not gonna get me to believe that every person in the article above is "bad" because they practive a different religion than you.

What about these folks:
    Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, 18th Street Gang (Los Angeles):, Aryan Brotherhood (California):, The Bloods (Los Angeles), The Crips (California):, Texas Syndicate (Texas):, Columbine, Colorado Theater, and all the other mass shooting in america (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-shootings-map)

where brought on by muslims....Sure there are radicals in every group even radical christians...

This thought of kill them all even the good ones is just a bunch of racist radical bull**** on yalls part...

*I knew I shouldnt have gone into ARP

What most folks are pissed about are the ones who have ties to the taliban and alqueada and other terrorist groups, but kill them all attitude is like saying kill every one who lives on the west side of town because there was a shooting over there

Quote Originally Posted by TCreacy View Post
    Whats that matter..the US constitution allows for freedom of religion.

Her Grandparent came over during the civil war of Lebanon..They purchased a farm, and ran a store. Sent everyone of there boys to the military and they all became doctors/lawyers.

My wife and I are christians for the rest of her family, I dont know nor care...

Local Muslims Speak Out Against Recent Violence

Your not gonna get me to believe that every person in the article above is "bad" because they practive a different religion than you.

What about these folks:
    Timothy McVeigh, Terry Nichols, 18th Street Gang (Los Angeles):, Aryan Brotherhood (California):, The Bloods (Los Angeles), The Crips (California):, Texas Syndicate (Texas):, Columbine, Colorado Theater, and all the other mass shooting in america (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...-shootings-map)

where brought on by muslims....Sure there are radicals in every group even radical christians...

This thought of kill them all even the good ones is just a bunch of racist radical bull**** on yalls part...

*I knew I shouldnt have gone into ARP
    I am sorry, it seemed like a fair question to ask your religion.

Racist accusations are out though. Muslims not being a race, it is more of a religion folks are having a problem with.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast