Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Can you re-phrase that. I missed your point. Muslims stone girls. Muslims murder girls for honor. Christianity and Islam do share a pre Abram common ground, but the divide is stark. We did stop burning our witches a couple hundred years ago, if you guys would stop abusing women it would be a bold step in the same direction.
    Thsts degrees of separation. It wasn't until within the last 50 years that "we" weren't killing black people based on color. Within the last 15 years Ive witnessed a white man shoot a gun in the air as he drove by a black guy and yell a racial slur. But this is besides the point, I don't judge white Americans based off a loose connection to the past or current radical groups like the KKK. If you and I are trying to keep our beliefs accurate then you should note that I'm not a muslim.

You're still judging Muslims as a whole which means a little part of you will still not respect your friend because the wrong part of you is being fed. Keep in mind that cultures and religions are not set in stone, in 200 years for all that we know the middle east will be the beacon of woman's rights and the us will have fallen into shambles due to rampant overspending and general laziness. At one time in the last 50 years woman in Saudi Arabia did not have to cover their faces and then a more extreme religious government took over.

Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    Thsts degrees of separation. It wasn't until within the last 50 years that "we" weren't killing black people based on color. Within the last 15 years Ive witnessed a white man shoot a gun in the air as he drove by a black guy and yell a racial slur. But this is besides the point, I don't judge white Americans based off a loose connection to the past or current radical groups like the KKK. If you and I are trying to keep our beliefs accurate then you should note that I'm not a muslim.

You're still judging Muslims as a whole which means a little part of you will still not respect your friend because the wrong part of you is being fed. Keep in mind that cultures and religions are not set in stone, in 200 years for all that we know the middle east will be the beacon of woman's rights and the us will have fallen into shambles due to rampant overspending and general laziness. At one time in the last 50 years woman in Saudi Arabia did not have to cover their faces and then a more extreme religious government took over.
    Mindless speculation and intellectual dithering.

Muslims are killing their own and others, creating problems world-wide, and are practicing barbaric inhumane rituals as a standard practice of daily life. Did you not get the memo? What?
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

I still struggle mightily at not hating people who commit rape, pedophilia and murder.

Why? You should hate them.
    You don't have to say anything to me but make sure you really consider everything in post 25.

I was really worked up one time over a pedophile, wanted to kill him myself(I can't think of a worse crime). Later I found out that he was abused in his child hood by more than one person, everyone in the community kept it quiet he was told never to speak of it, was never given anyway to deal with this atrocity. When you find out the obstacles that are put in front of people and how they are or aren't handled it changes your perspective. It's still my knee jerk reaction but in the end the best reaction to a case like that is sadness. Everyone involved has terrible things to live with and need help recovering, remember that kid who is abused now has a much higher chance of abusing someone later, if that happens, now what? You hate him too? For a molestation case that person will be back on the streets again, hating them won't prevent it from happening again, if people try to help them on the road to recovering and keeping them in check at least there's a shot.

Mindless speculation and intellectual dithering.

Muslims are killing their own and others, creating problems world-wide, and are practicing barbaric inhumane rituals as a standard practice of daily life. Did you not get the memo? What?
    We could go on for a very long time as many do on the path of comparisons. But the topic is spreading to a larger scale and is way off from where we started. I'm not an expert at this so I apologize as it's my thread. I'll step back for the night so we can get some sleep but I'll stay up a few more to see if there's any last words I should think about.

Remember at the end of the day I respect both you and your opinions and I hope you do mine as well.
    Cheers : )

Also, thanks for pointing out the speculation part, it was loosely based on an idea I was trying to convey but it was poorly executed, once things get to 200 years in future the conversation is struggling. I'm blaming it on being up so late. I'll do better next time.

It was not an accusation but a question and I'm sorry it was perceived as such. My goal is not to make people feel bad but help others view the way they interact with others and how this effects others and themselves(as I also need to be reminded to do). Here's another one though. If your friend was to read this thread and read my original post, your reply, the post below and your lack of a response to it, do you think your relationship would be impacted? we are all responsible for our actions, our words to others and our inactions.

BTW not saying I'm perfect or even close to perfect with this mindset either. I still struggle mightily at not hating people who commit rape, pedophilia and murder. It takes mindfulness and awareness to try and catch yourself.
    I flat out told my arab buddy that the USA should not accept any immigrants from arabia unless very exceptional circumstances, he agreed, he came here to get away from that trouble. Muslims are trouble.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Also, thanks for pointing out the speculation part, it was loosely based on an idea I was trying to convey but it was poorly executed, once things get to 200 years in future the conversation is struggling. I'm blaming it on being up so late. I'll do better next time.
    Times are tense, we all need some decent sleep.

I didn't ask for peace on earth but that each individual that read the post try to evaluate their own lives and beliefs instead of others for a moment.

The only reason you should feel threatened is if you fear that the Koran speaks the truth. If you do not fear that the Koran is the truth then you must realize that you are talking about people who have been misguided into a life of fear and hate to the point that they would commit a suicide bombing to kill you. They believe just as strongly that we are the source of evil. Realize that the majority of Muslims are not committed to killing you but that your stance towards them will have influence , if you make a point to glare and sneer at the Muslim couple at the grocery and they start to form negative feelings towards Americans, open the door for them and ask if they need help with their groceries and you have just made a difference in perceptions.

Read the story above, which wolf are you feeding?
    The reasons for "feeling threatened" is because there is a thing called REALITY.

Loons and the mentally ill, kill people everyday. Get it? Everyday innocent people are killed all over the globe. I'd rather know my enemy and not let my guard down to be rewarded with death. Hitler wrote Mein Kamp before he got power. Hitler was a lunitic that was hellbent on killing those he pictured as different, and in the end, he did. His very word of hate and his plan were contained in that book. The Koran is no different.

We can get along once a person proves their worth. End of story.

Since all of time began, people disagreed and didn't get along. THAT is the REALITY of life. Sometimes it is nothing more than vocally disagreeing, sometimes one group tries to kill the other.

I feed NO wolf. I feed a sheepdog. It's called the sheepdog of common sense.

This all very nice? Making up with the ex, being a better person......blah,blah,blah

I have Three very simple principles that I live by. I borrowed them for "The Hard Rock" and from the "U.S. Marines" and John Wayne

Hard Rock = "Love All-Serve All"

John Wayne = "I don't lie, cheat or steal"

U.S. Marines = "Be polite, Be friendly, Be prepared to kill everyone in the room"

So here it is:

I love everyone, regardless of who or where you hail from. I won't lie to you, I won't cheat you and I will NOT steal from you. But if you give me a reason, I will kill you on the spot.

People need to measure the practicality of being "the nice guy". Many "nice guys" are dead because they believe that love will conquer all. And it will if thats the way you want to die.
    BEING AN ADULT

is the dumbest thing I have ever done

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    This all very nice? Making up with the ex, being a better person......blah,blah,blah

I have Three very simple principles that I live by. I borrowed them for "The Hard Rock" and from the "U.S. Marines" and John Wayne

Hard Rock = "Love All-Serve All"

John Wayne = "I don't lie, cheat or steal"

U.S. Marines = "Be polite, Be friendly, Be prepared to kill everyone in the room"

So here it is:

People need to measure the practicality of being "the nice guy". Many "nice guys" are dead because they believe that love will conquer all. And it will if thats the way you want to die.
    Your post makes sense, from the lovers of life, point of view.

Loving life leads to cruel decisions, the bible teaches us to not fear death...unless of course you value your life over the lives of others and have killed.

Exactly jmac, there is nothing wrong with the way you have modeled your life. I don't spout about being unprepared, I train my body physically and am proficient with multiple types of firearms.

Free mind, I would have absolutely volunteered for ww2 but extreme times require extreme action. If any of us had been at the us embassy in Libya we would have needed extreme action to try and preserve ourselves, no problem opening fire on a group of people who are about to murder someone. What I'm talking about is here at home, as tool slinger has confirmed there are decent Muslims who have not been brain washed by extreme religion or culture. If we cultivate those people than they can be the force of change through altering their families back home that America truly will never be in the middle east. Imagine if the British had tried to be the ones who made change in America during the 60's, would not have gone over well, fortunately there were strong enough people both white and black to make a stand for their freedoms right here in our country. The people of the middle east have already displayed that when motivated they are willing to stand up to governments but yes they have a long way to go toward cultural change in many areas.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Your post makes sense, from the lovers of life, point of view.

Loving life leads to cruel decisions, the bible teaches us to not fear death...unless of course you value your life over the lives of others and have killed.
    Don't get confused, if you break it down a non fear based preparation of oneself is taught peacefully in many martial arts. There are times inherently were a life must be took to preserve your own or ones family, it is not preferred, the difference is if you disarm someone who is trying to kill you, you now have a choice, don't kill them unless the only way to not do so os let yourself be killed. I do not advocate we become sheep for slaughter. If by chance you kill someone who is mentally deranged like the Colorado shooter, then you should still grieve for that persons family, they have lost a loved one and often times it is not their fault they have a mental defect.

If jmac is only staying prepared and is not operating out of fear or hate then there is nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. Many highly trained martial artists are the last people who use their training against someone.

According to the holy bible...the only time it is ok to kill is when God commands it.

If God commands us to kill...what is the difference between us and Muslims.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast