Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 71
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,011
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    I didn't ask for peace on earth but that each individual that read the post try to evaluate their own lives and beliefs instead of others for a moment.

    The only reason you should feel threatened is if you fear that the Koran speaks the truth. If you do not fear that the Koran is the truth then you must realize that you are talking about people who have been misguided into a life of fear and hate to the point that they would commit a suicide bombing to kill you. They believe just as strongly that we are the source of evil. Realize that the majority of Muslims are not committed to killing you but that your stance towards them will have influence , if you make a point to glare and sneer at the Muslim couple at the grocery and they start to form negative feelings towards Americans, open the door for them and ask if they need help with their groceries and you have just made a difference in perceptions.

    Read the story above, which wolf are you feeding?
    The only reason you should feel threatened is if you fear that the Koran speaks the truth.

    Not exactly. Suicide bombers, nutcases flying planes into buildings, radical governments working on nukes, mobs burning ambassadors in embassies, threats to interrupt oil supply, threats to burn USA,.. all make for a valid feeling of being threatened. I have not one ounce of fear that the Koran is correct.

    Of course, I am not very good convert material.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    It is the one's beliving we "all need to get along" that are misguided.

    Until and unless you have READ the koran, and understand what it SAYS, then you can't grasp that certain groups will NEVER get along with others that are different than them.

    You ARE an infidel to the muslims. You will either bow to their religion, or they will kill you. They ALL belive this way. Not because I choose to belive that, but because their Koran SAYS that.

    There will NEVER be peace on earth. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but not all feel that way. It is only the fundamentalists that emphasize that side of the Koran. Most don't really care about us.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  3. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    ROFLMAO!!!

    I am sure we will all follow your advice and treat everyone as family, You should advise your muslims brothers and sisters of that when they measure your pointy head for as stick in the towne square.

    I honestly do not think I have read a better post in ARP for several months. But corny does have some doosies.
    Again, I never asked for or stated that we could achieve peace on earth. If we condemned everyone for being associated with people who commit egregious acts than we are all condemned. Just because there will always be evil in the world does not mean we must submit to it and fall in line. You personally get to take control of your life and actions. If you or I ever end up in the town square you speak of then you must take the necessary actions to protect yourself but that does not mean you should hate Muslims.

    “You will not enter paradise until you have faith. And you will not complete your faith until you love one another.”

    As long as we're holding Islam guilty for the things that are wrong then you must give it credit for the things that are right.

  4. #17
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,098
    BTW tool slinger I missed one there, sorry about that. Take a moment to consider why "corny" bothers you enough that you would make a jab at him when he hasn't written anything here and is unrelated to the discussion. I assume his views are not in line with yours, he is only stating opinion on an Internet forum. Not something we need to discuss but it is something to consider.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,011
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    BTW tool slinger I missed one there, sorry about that. Take a moment to consider why "corny" bothers you enough that you would make a jab at him when he hasn't written anything here and is unrelated to the discussion. I assume his views are not in line with yours, he is only stating opinion on an Internet forum. Not something we need to discuss but it is something to consider.
    Corny is F'N hilarious. My remark was in admiration of his sinfully delightful posts.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  6. #19
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    The only reason you should feel threatened is if you fear that the Koran speaks the truth.

    Not exactly. Suicide bombers, nutcases flying planes into buildings, radical governments working on nukes, mobs burning ambassadors in embassies, threats to interrupt oil supply, threats to burn USA,.. all make for a valid feeling of being threatened. I have not one ounce of fear that the Koran is correct.

    Of course, I am not very good convert material.
    There is a big difference between fear, hate and practicality. I don't believe we should be defenseless as a country, that we should do away with airport, border security, and foreign intelligence. I'm talking about a much smaller scale, literally you tool slinger and how your treatment of others impacts the world around you. If you saw a Muslim woman in your neighborhood, struggling to carry a box to her car, would your sense of being threatened(fear) by Muslims override your human compassion to help her out.

  7. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,011
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    Again, I never asked for or stated that we could achieve peace on earth. If we condemned everyone for being associated with people who commit egregious acts than we are all condemned. Just because there will always be evil in the world does not mean we must submit to it and fall in line. You personally get to take control of your life and actions. If you or I ever end up in the town square you speak of then you must take the necessary actions to protect yourself but that does not mean you should hate Muslims.

    “You will not enter paradise until you have faith. And you will not complete your faith until you love one another.”

    As long as we're holding Islam guilty for the things that are wrong then you must give it credit for the things that are right.
    As long as we're holding Islam guilty for the things that are wrong then you must give it credit for the things that are right.

    I am sorry. But that is possibly one of the nuttiest logical conclusions I have heard in my entire life. Thinking...

    Yea, top five.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  8. #21
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,098
    You read the first quote and here is a second.

    But if this charge is true and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.

    One of the quotes is from Muhammed(prophet of the Koran) and the other is from the bible. Which would you guess is from the bible.

    If you're only going to take the bad from the Koran but only good from the bible then you limit yourself to only having a negative view. Another option is that if you're going to give the bible the benefit of the doubt then so to you give the Koran. This does not mean in any way you are supporting radical Islam. Just as you are not supporting an extreme Christian agenda.

    That's the whole point. There are people in Islam who select the right messages and proliferate these messages. They should not be lumped in with radicals. There are Americans that have committed terrible acts and we would ask not to be lumped in with them either.

    Religion at individual level is not permanent. If you tell me there will always be radical Muslims, based off the current information I have I would believe you but again bring things to a scale that is comprehensible, this is where changes occur one person and act at a time, my never create a perfect world but it would be a better world.

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,011
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    There is a big difference between fear, hate and practicality. I don't believe we should be defenseless as a country, that we should do away with airport, border security, and foreign intelligence. I'm talking about a much smaller scale, literally you tool slinger and how your treatment of others impacts the world around you. If you saw a Muslim woman in your neighborhood, struggling to carry a box to her car, would your sense of being threatened(fear) by Muslims override your human compassion to help her out.
    You got me all wrong. My best buddy and quasi business partner is an arab from the ME whom we became such friends because I was about the only person who would talk to him after 9-11 [or before, because nobody had the patience to communicate with him]. My great helper and friend is a black guy. One of my fondest memories is of the gracious smile a very elderly woman gave me in Guadalajara as I held open the door for her at a market [mexicans would not do that].

    Re-think that one please.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  10. #23
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,098
    It was not an accusation but a question and I'm sorry it was perceived as such. My goal is not to make people feel bad but help others view the way they interact with others and this effects others and themselves(as I also need to be reminded to do). Here's another one though. If your friend was to read this thread and read my original post, your reply, the post below and your lack of a response to it, do you think your relationship would be impacted? we are all responsible for our actions, our words to others and our inactions.

    BTW not saying I'm perfect or even close to perfect with this mindset either. I still struggle mightily at not hating people who commit rape, pedophilia and murder. It takes mindfulness and awareness to try and catch yourself.





    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    It is the one's beliving we "all need to get along" that are misguided.

    Until and unless you have READ the koran, and understand what it SAYS, then you can't grasp that certain groups will NEVER get along with others that are different than them.

    You ARE an infidel to the muslims. You will either bow to their religion, or they will kill you. They ALL belive this way. Not because I choose to belive that, but because their Koran SAYS that.

    There will NEVER be peace on earth. Sorry to burst your bubble.

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,011
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    You read the first quote and here is a second.

    But if this charge is true and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.

    One of the quotes is from Muhammed(prophet of the Koran) and the other is from the bible. Which would you guess is from the bible.

    If you're only going to take the bad from the Koran but only good from the bible then you limit yourself to only having a negative view. Another option is that if you're going to give the bible the benefit of the doubt then so to you give the Koran. This does not mean in any way you are supporting radical Islam. Just as you are not supporting an extreme Christian agenda.

    That's the whole point. There are people in Islam who select the right messages and proliferate these messages. They should not be lumped in with radicals. There are Americans that have committed terrible acts and we would ask not to be lumped in with them either.

    Religion at individual level is not permanent. If you tell me there will always be radical Muslims, based off the current information I have I would believe you but again bring things to a scale that is comprehensible, this is where changes occur one person and act at a time, my never create a perfect world but it would be a better world.
    Can you re-phrase that. I missed your point. Muslims stone girls. Muslims murder girls for honor. Christianity and Islam do share a pre Abram common ground, but the divide is stark. We did stop burning our witches a couple hundred years ago, if you guys would stop abusing women it would be a bold step in the same direction.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  12. #25
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,098
    It was not an accusation but a question and I'm sorry it was perceived as such. My goal is not to make people feel bad but help others view the way they interact with others and how this effects others and themselves(as I also need to be reminded to do). Here's another one though. If your friend was to read this thread and read my original post, your reply, the post below and your lack of a response to it, do you think your relationship would be impacted? we are all responsible for our actions, our words to others and our inactions.

    BTW not saying I'm perfect or even close to perfect with this mindset either. I still struggle mightily at not hating people who commit rape, pedophilia and murder. It takes mindfulness and awareness to try and catch yourself.





    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    It is the one's beliving we "all need to get along" that are misguided.

    Until and unless you have READ the koran, and understand what it SAYS, then you can't grasp that certain groups will NEVER get along with others that are different than them.

    You ARE an infidel to the muslims. You will either bow to their religion, or they will kill you. They ALL belive this way. Not because I choose to belive that, but because their Koran SAYS that.

    There will NEVER be peace on earth. Sorry to burst your bubble.

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,011
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    It was not an accusation but a question and I'm sorry it was perceived as such. My goal is not to make people feel bad but help others view the way they interact with others and this effects others and themselves(as I also need to be reminded to do). Here's another one though. If your friend was to read this thread and read my original post, your reply, the post below and your lack of a response to it, do you think your relationship would be impacted? we are all responsible for our actions, our words to others and our inactions.

    BTW not saying I'm perfect or even close to perfect with this mindset either. I still struggle mightily at not hating people who commit rape, pedophilia and murder. It takes mindfulness and awareness to try and catch yourself.
    I still struggle mightily at not hating people who commit rape, pedophilia and murder.

    Why? You should hate them.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event