Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

To the ARP community in general

This is my first thread here, although I have read many.

Many of you have given me very well informed information in the technical forums that has helped me become a better tech but from reading here many of these same people are gripped by fear and hate. This is not an indictment of character but rather a request that anyone that reads this suspend their normal knee jerk reaction and take a moment to consider how they view the world.

We are all brothers and sisters on this earth no matter your skin color, country of origin, political party or religious beliefs. Treat everyone as your family, did god not say we are all his children.

Know that many of the same people you fear and hate would have lived similar lives to yourself had they been given the same life as you and vice versa. Yes there are always outliers but they are just that.

Let go of hate and fear and embrace love and compassion. Not only is this the premise of Christianity(which many here claim to be) but it's the most influential change you could ever make in your life no matter what you believe or who you want to vote for. Love and compassion DO NOT make you weak, they make you strong and more importantly we all gain something from it.

If you are reacting negatively to this post than examine why, are you fearful of not looking masculine, are you fearful of looking weak. Be the change, help others change by proving there own fears and hate about you wrong.

I spent some time living in hate and fear after my divorce, after much reflection and effort I have learned to forgive and to help my ex with her new life by being a great father to our kids and to keep open clear and compassionate communication with her. At one point in time I was so tragically submerged in hating my wife(we weren't divorced yet) and her new boyfriend that it impacted every other area of my life including my kids. I first forgave and started loving myself again and then my ex.

We all make mistakes, we are all impacted and influenced by the lives we have lived so next time before you condemn someone consider what's influencing them and then consider what would help them most, hating them and what they are or trying to free them from the hate and fears that control their lives.

Forgive, love and be compassionate

All right I'm done : ). Feel free to comment or to relate any stories. If you want a discussion I'm sure it can be had.

Mason, what exactly is your point? What specifically are you talking about?

The point is pretty clear. If you're asking for specific examples of threads that are misguided then a brief run through of the more recent muslim based threads and the many political based threads will provide examples. If you're wanting to talk about one of your personal views that you feel strongly about then I would be more than happy to discuss it, for example IF your belief is that all Muslims are evil or that one party or the other is trying to destroy our nation.

I kind of get what your saying. However I got a feeling you ripped off the movie " Donnie Darko" lol Its cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post

Many of you have given me very well informed information in the technical forums that has helped me become a better tech but from reading here many of these same people are gripped by fear and hate. This is not an indictment of character but rather a request that anyone that reads this suspend their normal knee jerk reaction and take a moment to consider how they view the world.

We are all brothers and sisters on this earth no matter your skin color, country of origin, political party or religious beliefs. Treat everyone as your family, did god not say we are all his children.

Know that many of the same people you fear and hate would have lived similar lives to yourself had they been given the same life as you and vice versa. Yes there are always outliers but they are just that.

Let go of hate and fear and embrace love and compassion. Not only is this the premise of Christianity(which many here claim to be) but it's the most influential change you could ever make in your life no matter what you believe or who you want to vote for. Love and compassion DO NOT make you weak, they make you strong and more importantly we all gain something from it.

If you are reacting negatively to this post than examine why, are you fearful of not looking masculine, are you fearful of looking weak. Be the change, help others change by proving there own fears and hate about you wrong.

I spent some time living in hate and fear after my divorce, after much reflection and effort I have learned to forgive and to help my ex with her new life by being a great father to our kids and to keep open clear and compassionate communication with her. At one point in time I was so tragically submerged in hating my wife(we weren't divorced yet) and her new boyfriend that it impacted every other area of my life including my kids. I first forgave and started loving myself again and then my ex.

We all make mistakes, we are all impacted and influenced by the lives we have lived so next time before you condemn someone consider what's influencing them and then consider what would help them most, hating them and what they are or trying to free them from the hate and fears that control their lives.

All right I'm done : ). Feel free to comment or to relate any stories. If you want a discussion I'm sure it can be had.
    Good post....thank you.

It's nice to see a thread that is not negative...a sight rarely seen in the ARP.

Quote Originally Posted by canusayinsanity View Post
    I kind of get what your saying. However I got a feeling you ripped off the movie " Donnie Darko" lol Its cool though.
    Lol, I have seen that movie. Maybe subconsciously.

Just read the rest, thats good that you made amends with ex. Thats definitely what you want your kids to see, we all gotta move on at some point.
    Everybody uses this site for one purpose or another and I guess if it helps to our clear minds and get sh?t off our chest thats fine by me.

It is the one's beliving we "all need to get along" that are misguided.

Until and unless you have READ the koran, and understand what it SAYS, then you can't grasp that certain groups will NEVER get along with others that are different than them.

You ARE an infidel to the muslims. You will either bow to their religion, or they will kill you. They ALL belive this way. Not because I choose to belive that, but because their Koran SAYS that.

There will NEVER be peace on earth. Sorry to burst your bubble.

I agree some guys get out of hand at times. That was a good movie lol Congrats on your first thread.

Quote Originally Posted by canusayinsanity View Post
    Just read the rest, thats good that you made amends with ex. Thats definitely what you want your kids to see, we all gotta move on at some point.
    Everybody uses this site for one purpose or another and I guess if it helps to our clear minds and get sh?t off our chest thats fine by me.
    But don't get caught up on the personal example, I only included that to show that I wasn't claiming to be a saint. We all have things deep inside us that don't need to be repressed anymore which is how many of us think we are moving on. Here's a condensed version of a story that relates to the greater point I intended.

One evening an old man told his grandson about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, ‘My son, the battle is between two ‘wolves’ inside us all.One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego.

The other is good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith.’

The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather: ‘Which wolf wins?’

The old man replied, ‘The one you feed.’

We don't need to get along but we do need to learn how to coexist thats for sure. Muslims have been trying to take over countries since the beginning of time, starting in europe. Not our fault they decided to claim stake to sand- they been unhappy ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    It is the one's beliving we "all need to get along" that are misguided.

Until and unless you have READ the koran, and understand what it SAYS, then you can't grasp that certain groups will NEVER get along with others that are different than them.

You ARE an infidel to the muslims. You will either bow to their religion, or they will kill you. They ALL belive this way. Not because I choose to belive that, but because their Koran SAYS that.

There will NEVER be peace on earth. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    I didn't ask for peace on earth but that each individual that read the post try to evaluate their own lives and beliefs instead of others for a moment.

The only reason you should feel threatened is if you fear that the Koran speaks the truth. If you do not fear that the Koran is the truth then you must realize that you are talking about people who have been misguided into a life of fear and hate to the point that they would commit a suicide bombing to kill you. They believe just as strongly that we are the source of evil. Realize that the majority of Muslims are not committed to killing you but that your stance towards them will have influence , if you make a point to glare and sneer at the Muslim couple at the grocery and they start to form negative feelings towards Americans, open the door for them and ask if they need help with their groceries and you have just made a difference in perceptions.

Read the story above, which wolf are you feeding?

Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post

ROFLMAO!!!

I am sure we will all follow your advice and treat everyone as family, You should advise your muslims brothers and sisters of that when they measure your pointy head for as stick in the towne square.

I honestly do not think I have read a better post in ARP for several months. But corny does have some doosies.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast