Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 71

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,172

    To the ARP community in general

    This is my first thread here, although I have read many.

    Many of you have given me very well informed information in the technical forums that has helped me become a better tech but from reading here many of these same people are gripped by fear and hate. This is not an indictment of character but rather a request that anyone that reads this suspend their normal knee jerk reaction and take a moment to consider how they view the world.

    We are all brothers and sisters on this earth no matter your skin color, country of origin, political party or religious beliefs. Treat everyone as your family, did god not say we are all his children.

    Know that many of the same people you fear and hate would have lived similar lives to yourself had they been given the same life as you and vice versa. Yes there are always outliers but they are just that.

    Let go of hate and fear and embrace love and compassion. Not only is this the premise of Christianity(which many here claim to be) but it's the most influential change you could ever make in your life no matter what you believe or who you want to vote for. Love and compassion DO NOT make you weak, they make you strong and more importantly we all gain something from it.

    If you are reacting negatively to this post than examine why, are you fearful of not looking masculine, are you fearful of looking weak. Be the change, help others change by proving there own fears and hate about you wrong.

    I spent some time living in hate and fear after my divorce, after much reflection and effort I have learned to forgive and to help my ex with her new life by being a great father to our kids and to keep open clear and compassionate communication with her. At one point in time I was so tragically submerged in hating my wife(we weren't divorced yet) and her new boyfriend that it impacted every other area of my life including my kids. I first forgave and started loving myself again and then my ex.

    We all make mistakes, we are all impacted and influenced by the lives we have lived so next time before you condemn someone consider what's influencing them and then consider what would help them most, hating them and what they are or trying to free them from the hate and fears that control their lives.

    Forgive, love and be compassionate

    All right I'm done : ). Feel free to comment or to relate any stories. If you want a discussion I'm sure it can be had.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,297
    Mason, what exactly is your point? What specifically are you talking about?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,172
    The point is pretty clear. If you're asking for specific examples of threads that are misguided then a brief run through of the more recent muslim based threads and the many political based threads will provide examples. If you're wanting to talk about one of your personal views that you feel strongly about then I would be more than happy to discuss it, for example IF your belief is that all Muslims are evil or that one party or the other is trying to destroy our nation.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    west burbs,il
    Posts
    145
    I kind of get what your saying. However I got a feeling you ripped off the movie " Donnie Darko" lol Its cool though.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    west burbs,il
    Posts
    145
    I agree some guys get out of hand at times. That was a good movie lol Congrats on your first thread.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    west burbs,il
    Posts
    145
    We don't need to get along but we do need to learn how to coexist thats for sure. Muslims have been trying to take over countries since the beginning of time, starting in europe. Not our fault they decided to claim stake to sand- they been unhappy ever since.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by mason View Post
    This is my first thread here, although I have read many.

    Many of you have given me very well informed information in the technical forums that has helped me become a better tech but from reading here many of these same people are gripped by fear and hate. This is not an indictment of character but rather a request that anyone that reads this suspend their normal knee jerk reaction and take a moment to consider how they view the world.

    We are all brothers and sisters on this earth no matter your skin color, country of origin, political party or religious beliefs. Treat everyone as your family, did god not say we are all his children.

    Know that many of the same people you fear and hate would have lived similar lives to yourself had they been given the same life as you and vice versa. Yes there are always outliers but they are just that.

    Let go of hate and fear and embrace love and compassion. Not only is this the premise of Christianity(which many here claim to be) but it's the most influential change you could ever make in your life no matter what you believe or who you want to vote for. Love and compassion DO NOT make you weak, they make you strong and more importantly we all gain something from it.

    If you are reacting negatively to this post than examine why, are you fearful of not looking masculine, are you fearful of looking weak. Be the change, help others change by proving there own fears and hate about you wrong.

    I spent some time living in hate and fear after my divorce, after much reflection and effort I have learned to forgive and to help my ex with her new life by being a great father to our kids and to keep open clear and compassionate communication with her. At one point in time I was so tragically submerged in hating my wife(we weren't divorced yet) and her new boyfriend that it impacted every other area of my life including my kids. I first forgave and started loving myself again and then my ex.

    We all make mistakes, we are all impacted and influenced by the lives we have lived so next time before you condemn someone consider what's influencing them and then consider what would help them most, hating them and what they are or trying to free them from the hate and fears that control their lives.

    Forgive, love and be compassionate

    All right I'm done : ). Feel free to comment or to relate any stories. If you want a discussion I'm sure it can be had.
    Good post....thank you.

    It's nice to see a thread that is not negative...a sight rarely seen in the ARP.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Western, KY
    Posts
    3,172
    Quote Originally Posted by canusayinsanity View Post
    I kind of get what your saying. However I got a feeling you ripped off the movie " Donnie Darko" lol Its cool though.
    Lol, I have seen that movie. Maybe subconsciously.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    west burbs,il
    Posts
    145
    Just read the rest, thats good that you made amends with ex. Thats definitely what you want your kids to see, we all gotta move on at some point.
    Everybody uses this site for one purpose or another and I guess if it helps to our clear minds and get sh?t off our chest thats fine by me.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Posts
    879
    It is the one's beliving we "all need to get along" that are misguided.

    Until and unless you have READ the koran, and understand what it SAYS, then you can't grasp that certain groups will NEVER get along with others that are different than them.

    You ARE an infidel to the muslims. You will either bow to their religion, or they will kill you. They ALL belive this way. Not because I choose to belive that, but because their Koran SAYS that.

    There will NEVER be peace on earth. Sorry to burst your bubble.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,876
    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    It is the one's beliving we "all need to get along" that are misguided.

    Until and unless you have READ the koran, and understand what it SAYS, then you can't grasp that certain groups will NEVER get along with others that are different than them.

    You ARE an infidel to the muslims. You will either bow to their religion, or they will kill you. They ALL belive this way. Not because I choose to belive that, but because their Koran SAYS that.

    There will NEVER be peace on earth. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but not all feel that way. It is only the fundamentalists that emphasize that side of the Koran. Most don't really care about us.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,814
    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    It is the one's beliving we "all need to get along" that are misguided.

    Until and unless you have READ the koran, and understand what it SAYS, then you can't grasp that certain groups will NEVER get along with others that are different than them.

    You ARE an infidel to the muslims. You will either bow to their religion, or they will kill you. They ALL belive this way. Not because I choose to belive that, but because their Koran SAYS that.

    There will NEVER be peace on earth. Sorry to burst your bubble.

    You have never studied nor read the quaran....

    Your quaranic studies....not sure if quaranic is an actual word...... but your reading and studying of the q ran..... has been limited to verses stripped from the book and posted on someones web page......
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    You have never studied nor read the quaran....

    Your quaranic studies....not sure if quaranic is an actual word...... but your reading and studying of the q ran..... has been limited to verses stripped from the book and posted on someones web page......
    Step right up and tell me where i am wrong Corny.

    You are quick to boast you don't belive I have read it, so enlighten the group how tolerant the muslims are. Quote the koran word for word, about their tolerance to other religions.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event