Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    There is one more reason to understand as to why the USA and world economies will not be destroyed (well not unless those idiots who worship the Koran get away with it): The economy of developed nations (especially the USA) is a HUGE cash cow... the problem is the power brokers are arguing over how to divvy up the money.

To destroy the cow would be just foolish... however at the same time motivating the serfs to continue to believe they will gain by working their butts off... well that is the grand game of control the polecats operate.
    Cash Cow? You know the country is broke, hence the reason for QE3

And If NObama devalues the dollar, there are the Chinese with 30 billions dollars in U.S. Bonds that are going to be very upset.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Disagree with him(Schiff) on one thing, keeping interest rates low allows the government to pay down the deficit, increased interest rates reduce the government's ability to do that. Well that is if they actually try.

Thank you guys Fed. Commodities going up, early Christmas. What does Canada do well? Commodities. Maybe I will get to retire before this next bubble bursts. Well at least I will have a warm place in the sun in winter. Just can't decide, Florida or Arizona? US dollars will be real cheap, Cost me nothing to stay down there for 5 months a year. Can't stay 6 months, loose my Canadian health care after half a year.

From a quickie financial update courtesy of my investment house.

Stock markets advanced this week, largely on the strength of new economic stimulus measures announced by the U.S. Federal Reserve.

After treading water for most of the week as investors awaited the Fed’s action Thursday, stock markets in North America and around the world rose in the wake the announcement of a new multi-billion-dollar bond-buying program. The central bank also said it would keep its key interest rate near zero until at least mid-2015, a half-year longer than previously planned. The new measures are intended to put downward pressure on general interest rates and stimulate business and household spending and investment. The Fed hopes the new stimulus, which will focus on mortgage-backed securities, will boost economic growth and stimulate the job market. It said the program will remain in place until the labour market improves.

Major U.S. equity benchmarks hit fresh near-five-year highs this week. In Canada gold, base metals and energy stocks were major beneficiaries as the Fed stimulus plan brightened the outlook for global growth and commodities. Gold futures rose to their highest level in six months as a result of the Fed announcement. Financial stocks also posted strong gains. Around the world, European stocks rose to their best levels in over a year, and emerging markets were among the biggest winners as investors grew less risk averse.
    As I always said, the financial - investment system is a sick puppy and does not care about the health of a country. Not to say I will not be cashing in.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

And If NObama devalues the dollar, there are the Chinese with 30 billions dollars in U.S. Bonds that are going to be very upset.
    Brilliant! This is how Obama plans on defeating the Chinese. The Chinese people are known to bank their cash rather than spend it or even borrow, so when they go to take it out and find it is only worth half they will take down the government.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Brilliant! This is how Obama plans on defeating the Chinese. The Chinese people are known to bank their cash rather than spend it or even borrow, so when they go to take it out and find it is only worth half they will take down the government.
    or their government will try to take our government out (Financially) remember there are waaay more of them than there are of us.
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Disagree with him(Schiff) on one thing, keeping interest rates low allows the government to pay down the deficit, increased interest rates reduce the government's ability to do that. Well that is if they actually try.
    Keeping interest rates low is the tail wagging the dog. Should you belive gov't is the center of all creation and not individuals, then that would be a true statement cept we have never operated from that basis until obama and his crew.

Higher and market corrected interest rates is what fuels the US and a lot of the free world. As long as gov't continues to attempt to control each and every movement and aspect of our world, we are doomed.

The free market place is what has created our country and that is base on the individuals right to build a better mouse trap. And, we, the individual citizens can build a better mouse trap if we have a free form of equity exchance between those that want to invent and build and those that want to invest on those that want to invent and build.

Our gov't has no part to play in this except to watch the edges for abuse. That is why we hire and fund the gov't beside the main reason of keep this country safe.

With obama and the way he was raised as many others were raised in the same belief system, the tail is wagging the dog and us stupid citizens are not doing anything about it simple because he was given the power by those other immature fools who believe there is a free lunch to regulate us to the extent that he does not have the power to do..yet he is doing it very efficiently.

This upcoming election is the life or death of this country as we have known it for over 200 years. Yep, there will still be ground on this earth called the US but it will not be the US anymore.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.
    - Alexis de Toqueville, 1835

Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post

The US economy IS a HUGE cash cow... maybe not today... however it has been and will be again.

AS to devalueing the US$... might want to read history in the 1980's... We (the USA) screwed Japan the same way we are about to do China.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

The US is still a cash cow. The only difference, as one of my money manager customers said to me "who is going to invest in the US now?" meaning someone inexperienced and with political views such as obama has is now in the drivers seat.

The money is still out there by the tons. A lot has been invested in overseas because it's a safer investment than the US these days.

If we had a predictiable leader who has any kind of successful management/leadeship history that money would still be flowing. The money that runs the world is in individuals hands, not the governments.

Get the gov't out of the way, have a real business leader that understands and supports the free market and that money will start flowing again.
    "The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers it can bribe the public with the public's own money.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    The US is still a cash cow. The only difference, as one of my money manager customers said to me "who is going to invest in the US now?" meaning someone inexperienced and with political views such as obama has is now in the drivers seat.

The money is still out there by the tons. A lot has been invested in overseas because it's a safer investment than the US these days.

If we had a predictiable leader who has any kind of successful management/leadeship history that money would still be flowing. The money that runs the world is in individuals hands, not the governments.

Get the gov't out of the way, have a real business leader that understands and supports the free market and that money will start flowing again.
    Not sure I'm following you? The US market, ie the S&P is up over 18% this year. Many are investing in the US and avoiding places like Europe due to their issues in places like Greece, Spain, Italy etc. I'm not saying I have alot of faith in the US markets but that has been whats been happening.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaT View Post
    Keeping interest rates low is the tail wagging the dog. Should you belive gov't is the center of all creation and not individuals, then that would be a true statement cept we have never operated from that basis until obama and his crew.

Higher and market corrected interest rates is what fuels the US and a lot of the free world. As long as gov't continues to attempt to control each and every movement and aspect of our world, we are doomed.

The free market place is what has created our country and that is base on the individuals right to build a better mouse trap. And, we, the individual citizens can build a better mouse trap if we have a free form of equity exchance between those that want to invent and build and those that want to invest on those that want to invent and build.

Our gov't has no part to play in this except to watch the edges for abuse. That is why we hire and fund the gov't beside the main reason of keep this country safe.

With obama and the way he was raised as many others were raised in the same belief system, the tail is wagging the dog and us stupid citizens are not doing anything about it simple because he was given the power by those other immature fools who believe there is a free lunch to regulate us to the extent that he does not have the power to do..yet he is doing it very efficiently.

This upcoming election is the life or death of this country as we have known it for over 200 years. Yep, there will still be ground on this earth called the US but it will not be the US anymore.
    Agree the government should only be there to act as cop when entities get out of line. My main point was that it is a lot easier to knock down your debt when interest rates are low rather than high. If I were running things I would do what it takes to pay it down. Debt is just a monkey on your back that limits your options.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    The US economy IS a HUGE cash cow... maybe not today... however it has been and will be again.

AS to devalueing the US$... might want to read history in the 1980's... We (the USA) screwed Japan the same way we are about to do China.
    Actually devaluing the dollar would not be such a bad thing. Makes manufacturing much cheaper and creates a lot of jobs. Also since imports are more expensive you end up spending more of your money in your own country rather than sending it overseas. That is how China undercut everyone. The bad side is that the cost of living would be higher for the average person. Some might say that you had an artificially high standard of living given your trade imbalances that would not have occurred if the U.S. dollar was not the currency of choice for trade. Because the demand for dollars kept its value high you had no feedback from your debt or trade imbalance allowing both to spiral out of control.

Actually devaluing the dollar would not be such a bad thing. Makes manufacturing much cheaper and creates a lot of jobs. Also since imports are more expensive you end up spending more of your money in your own country rather than sending it overseas. That is how China undercut everyone. The bad side is that the cost of living would be higher for the average person. Some might say that you had an artificially high standard of living given your trade imbalances that would not have occurred if the U.S. dollar was not the currency of choice for trade. Because the demand for dollars kept its value high you had no feedback from your debt or trade imbalance allowing both to spiral out of control.
    There is no reason to devalue the dollar on purpose, I believe it will happen all on it's own

It is certainly possible that the problems in Europe, the UK, Japan, etc are so big that the USD strengthens against most currencies and products and thus even though you’re not receiving any interest by holding it, it’s still one of the best places to be.

The other possible reason the USD could (will eventually) fall is that the rest of the world is tired of the US stewardship of its value. More and more countries every day are announcing bilateral currency swap agreements.

What this means is that when Japan & China trade, they will no longer be using US dollars for their trade, but will instead use each other’s currencies. Think about that for a moment. The second and their largest countries in the world have announced that they’ve abandoned the use of the USD in their trade with each other!

We preach to other countries that they need to develope a plan of austerity to get their finances in order. And we do the exact opposite. Our plan seems to be to some how "spend our way out of debt". Its a house of cards and if we dont tighten our belts its all going to crumble.
    Last edited by newoldtech; 09-16-2012 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    Not sure I'm following you? The US market, ie the S&P is up over 18% this year. Many are investing in the US and avoiding places like Europe due to their issues in places like Greece, Spain, Italy etc. I'm not saying I have alot of faith in the US markets but that has been whats been happening.
    That's true too but I think I'm talking a different world here. Keep in mind I'm not doing this. These are some of the words from the very wealthy customers I have. And these customers with lots of money have told me they are investing in places in other countries for a greater return on their money. I think one man, he's also Japanese and spends 6 months here and 6 months in Japan invests in the Japaness currency, he's stated.

Another money manager who does nothing but investing in things I have never heard of tells me he is investing and investing his customers money in other countries opportunities. I'm sure they are all hand picked investments that the average worked can never get into due to the volume of dollars involved. But the S&P's performance is not of interest to them as they make more and quicker money in other places.

Now, these folks don't confide in me. But they do tell me since we do typically get into the world situation discussions. And I'm sure I could not afford one hour of their investment advice or have the financial capability to follow through with their advice. There is a different world out there when it comes to financial investing.

Just think about it. I do. Look at all the factories headed for other countries. You can't tell me the ROI in these countries with these previous American factories aren't making a ton of money just due to the tremendous dollar reduction of over head! Look at what the returns could be in the short run.

I've often hoped that some of these folks would drop me an investment bone but both of us know that I'm not one capable in dealing with the terms in dollars that they deal with daily.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast