+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Universal Aftermarket Replacement Parts

Post Likes

Universal Aftermarket Replacement Parts

I work for a supply house and I have a quick question for you guys. Which (if any) universal parts do you use during heating season? I'm trying to stock a good selection of this type stuff because most of our sales come from OEM parts. There's nothing wrong with that, there's just a bunch of sales we're missing because guys go elsewhere. Is one universal igniter better than the others? White Rodgers control boards or Honeywell? Thanks for any help!

Post Likes
    All of the Honeywell universal parts are great. We stock and use them all the time.

The only issue we had is the S9200U boards don't work correctly in Trane and American Standard furnaces. Therefore we also stock the White Rodgers universal HSI single stage boards.

I will also say the White Rodgers universal ignitors suck. We used them a couple of years ago, and had an over 95% failure rate within the first year. We will NEVER use those again.

Oh, as far as gas valves go I prefer White Rodgers over Honeywell. W-R is easier to work with and install in my opinion. They both work fine.
    Last edited by Glenn Harrison; 10-14-2012 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Additional information
    Hi, my name is Glenn, and I'm a Toolaholic!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in