Guy that ben throwing me some work[Ithink he is a drunk], called me said he found a dayton vacuum pump, I gave him $20 bucks, put good vac oil in it, first time I used it, it popped the gfi on cust. house, and when I BENT DOWN TO TURN IT ON IT SHOCKED ME, OF COURSE I had to touch it again to make sure. Anyone know if it pays to put new motor on it and cost, I dont get any cross on the dayton site. motor is 9k628, 1/3hp, 1725rpm, frame48yz, manuf. no. ch55nxddl, thanks guys Victor

Originally posted by vlux
    Guy that ben throwing me some work[Ithink he is a drunk], called me said he found a dayton vacuum pump, I gave him $20 bucks, put good vac oil in it, first time I used it, it popped the gfi on cust. house, and when I BENT DOWN TO TURN IT ON IT SHOCKED ME, OF COURSE I had to touch it again to make sure. Anyone know if it pays to put new motor on it and cost, I dont get any cross on the dayton site. motor is 9k628, 1/3hp, 1725rpm, frame48yz, manuf. no. ch55nxddl, thanks guys Victor
    Run from anything with the name dayton on it.

Had a motor go bad on my Yellow Jacket. It was almost $200 for a new motor or $300 for a whole new pump. I bought a whole new pump. A dependable pump is more important than saving a buck.

Sounds to me like it was hot, in more than one sense of the word!
    "Profit is not the legitimate purpose of business. The legitimate purpose of business is to provide a product or service that people need and do it so well that it's profitable."

James Rouse

call grainger & tell you will sue for getting shocked, they will kiss your ass.
    The Captain.

Robinair
    UA LOCAL 614...WE DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME

Always remember, those who hate you don't win, unless you hate them. And then, you destroy yourself. -Richard Nixon-