Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Anyone using a digital manometer..... Im thinking of buying one but I need one that will read down to low levels such as that needed for trane voyagers....

If I buy one I'd like it to be as versatile as possible...at least 10 inch range....but I want some accuracy at the lower pressures too.

Funny you should ask. I take my Testo 506 on every call. Magnetic back makes it handy to stick on duct/panels.
    (no, I don't work for/rep testo, I just like their stuff)

Here we go.... back off people!

I have a fieldpiece dual port manometer, goes down to .01 " WC, so that's low enough for my needs. Have had good luck with it, it has one of them magnetic hangers on the back too.. man that thing is awesome.

I'm sure there's better out there, but since I paid about half price for it, I couldn't pass it up.
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

i have a UEI and it has always worked well
    i wont buy a new one till it dies

My UEI EM200 has done everything ive asked it to do.
    +or- 60wc magnet on back its in my main bag so I alwas have it for gas valves and air balancing ect.

I know there are "better" out there but I have yet to need one that is "better"

I'm also in the market for a digital manometer. However, i've been told by a few people (just recently by the instructor for the NATE test I just took) that there isn't a digital manometer out that is rated explosion proof, so they're not to be used for checking gas pressure. I havn't verified that claim but how many people use a digital manometer for checking gas pressure? And is your instrument rated explosion proof?

i have the uei and it works great. i have used it for setting manifold pressure for years. i have read posts about the uei manometer braking down alot, mine is 3 years old and it works just fine.

well set 6 or more gas valves day for the last 3 weeks and i havnt gone booooooom yet.

no clue about rating

if the presure disk fails then maby i could see some form of spark ignition happening but herd to imagin 11'wc making a 60' capable sensor fail especaly when your usaly in the 3.5' range

UEI

This is my second UEI Manometer I can't get em to last and the don't work well when cold. I have to use a Richie dial gauge in winter.

Originally posted by matt8085
    I'm also in the market for a digital manometer. However, i've been told by a few people (just recently by the instructor for the NATE test I just took) that there isn't a digital manometer out that is rated explosion proof, so they're not to be used for checking gas pressure. I havn't verified that claim but how many people use a digital manometer for checking gas pressure? And is your instrument rated explosion proof?
    Dwyer digital manometers are all rated for dry non corrosive gasses.

I have one of these kits. http://www.dwyerinst.com/htdocs/airv...FM-AVPrice.cfm
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

Originally posted by sprintmj19
    Funny you should ask. I take my Testo 506 on every call. Magnetic back makes it handy to stick on duct/panels.
    I use the testo also.This is a great tool.The only problem is that its so small,easy to misplace.

Originally posted by stuntryder
    I use the testo also.This is a great tool.The only problem is that its so small,easy to misplace.
    I also have the 506, resolution down to .001 wc" and up to 80".

Originally posted by rsmith46
    Originally posted by stuntryder
    I also have the 506, resolution down to .001 wc" and up to 80".
    Is testo canadian or something... I see testo mentioned on here a lot but have never noticed their products in any of our local supply houses.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast