Hybrid View

Need Help Choosing a Furnace

Hi, I am in the process of choosing a new furnace and need some help. I'm from the Seattle area and have a 1500 sq ft rambler. I know from reading these forums that the installer is the most critical part, so I've narrowed my choice to 3 installers. The first is offering me York products and I am leaning towards the TM8V (80% 2 stage variable). The second is offering me a Trane system 80% 2 stage variable and the third is offering me Rheem 80% 2-stage variable. I believe I should go with a variable system since the furnace sits on the other side of the wall of the master bedroom and I'd prefer a quiet system. I am only planning on being in the home for another 5 years, so I don't want to go to a 95% system since I won't ever get back the savings. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Keep in mind smaller will be quieter in most cases. A 45,000BTU furnace would be plenty for most homes the size of yours, do a man J calculation to find out how much heat you actually need.

Im a York dealer so im partial to the TM8V. If you're staying with the 80%'ers might i suggest the YPLC? Its a modulating furnace with a variable speed. Its a nice unit but not as expensive as the 98% counterpart, and it offers better gas management.
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

I have read in past posts that the TM8V has had problems working with 2-stage Honeywell thermostats. Is this still an issue?

Hi Kevin, I am in the Seattle area and would be happy to help if you are interested in taking another proposal. Contact info is in my profile. Thanks
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

-Alfred E Newman