Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910
    I saw a man one time who was blacker than the ace of shovels......

"Gods people shall not spare to call a spade a spade, a niggard a niggard."

John Trapp...1600 and something....

niggard didnt mean the n word.... it meant barbarian or cretin...... and of course there are older references to the saying that actually used the word to mean shovel.

Of course.... in 20th century american....calling a spade a spade meant exactly what people first think..... maybe thats because n words were considered implements on the farm and stuff......

yokels around here use "It is what it is"........

What do you call an ethiopian with buck teeth ???

x
    x
    x
    x
    xx
    x
    x
    xxx
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x A rake.
    As Seen On You Tube (usually under someone elses name)

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

niggard didnt mean the n word.... it meant barbarian or cretin...... and of course there are older references to the saying that actually used the word to mean shovel.

Of course.... in 20th century american....calling a spade a spade meant exactly what people first think..... maybe thats because n words were considered implements on the farm and stuff......

What do you call an ethiopian with buck teeth ???

x
    x
    x
    x
    xx
    x
    x
    xxx
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x
    x A rake.
    Thank you corny for leaving me utterly and hopelessly confused.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"Ain't nobody got time for that". Corny

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    It is a hard thing to preach freedom of religion, then try to label one as an evil cult and/or a subversive political movement. But that is what we have to do.

Manson, Koresh, Jones, and the mormons at one time. Islam is no different today aside from numbers and international politics. Ideally they would undergo some sort of reformation like the catholics, but I am not holding my breath in wait. Referencing coolwhip's previous post, step one is simply recognizing and rejecting Islamic principals and standards that we find offensive in a public and honest manner.

If we can nut-up and do that as a civilization, muslims will respond to it and that response may not all be bad. Aside from the religious problems, there are cultural differences usually. I have had to deal with this on a very personal level. Your average run-of-the-mill-muslim is willing to accept boundaries and respect alternative opinions... It is just when you get a bunch of them together.. LOL!

We need to be honest with them. And we need to be honest with ourselves. Islam, as it is currently presenting itself, is unacceptable in western civilization. Unacceptable.
    Once again, you hit on a truth that is what you say; difficult. I think a major difference between the U.S. allowing for freedom of religious beliefs and teachings is when an organization claiming to be religious teaches against the laws of the U.S. The U.S. cannot possibly allow the freedom of the practice of a religion that violently opposes religious freedom itself. That is where the socio-political aspects of Islam come in.

For example, if an ancient Aztec religion requiring that human sacrifices be made became popular, the U.S. could not allow freedom of that religions practices because of U.S. laws against murder. Yet, in a way, Islam expects the U.S. to respect Islamic factors that do oppose U.S. laws, including murder. It is allowable for a Muslim, by Islamic law, to beat to death a disobedient female family member.
    According to Islamic law, a husband may strike his wife for any one of the following four reasons:
    - She does not attempt to make herself beautiful for him (ie. "let's herself go")
    - She refuses to meet his sexual demands
    - She leaves the house without his permission or for a "legitimate reason"
    - She neglects her religious duties

Then again, the qur'an does teach not to beat your wife "unless she deserves it".
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    Dude. I jest. Guess its hard to convey sarcasm on a bulletin board. I'm hardly the one to jump up and down and shout "racism!"
    Sorry bout dat. I am not good with sarcasm even when it is spoken, so I definitely miss it in the written form. I can sympathize with Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory when it comes to not getting sarcasm;

Quote Originally Posted by Pete838 View Post
    Dude. I jest. Guess its hard to convey sarcasm on a bulletin board. I'm hardly the one to jump up and down and shout "racism!"
    Pete! Stop apologizing! You sound like obama bin laden. Just tell robo he is retarded ( pc incorrect i know) or something. We're here for the fight!

Go Pete! Go Pete!

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

Niggard still means "stingy or miserly" and has never had any racial connotation.

Regardless of race, color, gender or creed, referring to a stingy person as being niggardly is calling a spade a spade.

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    Pete! Stop apologizing! You sound like obama bin laden. Just tell robo he is retarded ( pc incorrect i know) or something. We're here for the fight!

Go Pete! Go Pete!
    I for one appreciated Pete's honest integrity.

Let's face it, Pete's ridiculously sarcastic post was believable because there are actually posters who are ridiculous enough to have posted what Pete posted and actually mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I for one appreciated Pete's honest integrity.

Let's face it, Pete's ridiculously sarcastic post was believable because there are actually posters who are ridiculous enough to have posted what Pete posted and actually mean it.
    So... he aced you.......in spades?!

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    So... he aced you.......in spades?!
    Yes! Yes he did! It is good to be humbled...

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Yes! Yes he did! It is good to be humbled...

I have a feeling you're over it already!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910