Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To simplify the math... $145 plus 30# of your recovered R22 for a ARI 700 certified and sealed 30# drum from a national reclamation facility. Hard to beat a deal like that!

Rapid recovery is the way to go, we stockpile full recovery tanks at the office and when we have enough call them they come and clean them out and send us a check. They are also great when we have a job with hundreds of pounds to recover from the jobsite, they come out and recover it directly from the units (in a fraction of the time it would take us) and still send us a check.

Is this thru Johnstone?

I work for an EPA certified reclaimer, A-Gas Remtec. Sorry you guys have had some bad experiences. We are paying more than $4 /lb for R22 right now. If purity falls below 95%, we will dispose of at no charge. We cover freight to bring your cylinders in and then pay the freight to send your exact cylinders back to you (that way you don't turn in new jugs and get back crappy ones), even if purity falls below 95%. We don't care what size tanks, don't care if they are full or half full or what...just strap them all to a pallet and we arrange to have a truck pick them up. If you want more information or pricing, shoot me an email at chris.zimmerman@remtec.net.

I use this place out of Denver, called Refrigerants Inc. They give me $6.50/lb plus rewards after Ive sent in certain amounts. I sent in 700 lbs and they sent me a $250 gift card. Apparently you can get a TV or vacation at some point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Remtec1 View Post
    I work for an EPA certified reclaimer, A-Gas Remtec. Sorry you guys have had some bad experiences. We are paying more than $4 /lb for R22 right now. If purity falls below 95%, we will dispose of at no charge. We cover freight to bring your cylinders in and then pay the freight to send your exact cylinders back to you (that way you don't turn in new jugs and get back crappy ones), even if purity falls below 95%. We don't care what size tanks, don't care if they are full or half full or what...just strap them all to a pallet and we arrange to have a truck pick them up. If you want more information or pricing, shoot me an email at chris.zimmerman@remtec.net.

I did a copy and paste of that email and got this

The recipient info doesn't seem quite right. Please look it over and try again.

when i tried to send it out.

Jacob-K. try typing the email address in, maybe a space or something got pulled in (sometimes coy and paste might mess up the email address behind the scenes). If that doesn't work, you can call me at 513-729-9528 but typing it in should work.

Paulsmech...I like the $250 gift card idea. That's a great incentive.

also, we are agressively pursuing the CFCs also (R12, R11, R114 if anyone has them. We are paying a lot fo those right now).

Quote Originally Posted by Remtec1 View Post
    Jacob-K. try typing the email address in, maybe a space or something got pulled in (sometimes coy and paste might mess up the email address behind the scenes). If that doesn't work, you can call me at 513-729-9528 but typing it in should work.

Paulsmech...I like the $250 gift card idea. That's a great incentive.

also, we are agressively pursuing the CFCs also (R12, R11, R114 if anyone has them. We are paying a lot fo those right now).
    Yeah I was surprised by it. I was already thrilled because they gave me so much per lb. then on top of that I get a little bonus.

We have used Diversified Pure Chem
    The first time we used it everybody was recovering the tanks out of their van to the big tank. out of two 100lb containers we got like $20.
    Which was maybe 2 years ago i can't remember time flys
    Now i pull vacuum on our 30 and 50 lb tanks. The techs grab one when needed and drop it back off when they get gas in it. Doesnt matter if its 2lbs or 20 lbs.
    Then i hook up my gauges and check the pressures to determine if its r22 or 410a or mix. Every now and then we have a mix but we have one 100lb tank that i drop that into. Then i weigh the small drums write down the weight and recover in to the 200lb cylinder. Then reweigh the tanks and write down the total put into the big tank.

The second time we sent it to them i was 99.6% pure and somewhere around 10lbs of oil. We got another 200lb cylinder to put our 410a and a check for that one cylinder. Got another big tank in about 2 weeks and a check probably less than a month.

The last time i used them was the past few weeks sent back another 200lb drum. UPS came and picked up and we got another tank the next day. Got a call 6 business days later saying i was 99.2% pure and we got a check in the mail coming to us.
    I do not mark the small tanks as a r22 or 410a only tank we tried that when 410a started getting big. Didnt work because we never had enough tanks and we had techs riding around to find a tank(huge waste of time). But if you pull a good vacuum on the tank and do as i stated above i dont see it being that big of a deal if any. Have put burnouts and all kinds of stuff that we wouldnt reuse in someones unit if we recovered it to fix a leak but they take it and pay us for it.

i would recommend them because hell they could have said the last two times that we were not pure and not send a thing.
    If you have any questions let me know i would be glad to address them for you.

No i am not an employee from them just a happy customer. The last tank is going to pay for some new tools for me
    or you could put it this way. It would be a helpers pay or more for one month after taxes. Since i am the one that takes care of it and started it i take great pride in making money when if we did it the other way we would be paying to get rid of it at a local store.

Sorry for my terrible spelling i dont proof read on forum i get tired of proof read during the day.
    ( come to think about it we might have sent it back 4 times i will have to check their file)

We just recently raised our price on what we will buy your R22 for. Also, we have one of the few AHRI certified testing labs under roof, which enables us to turn around orders quickly. we will buy it all over the country. Our program works similar to what Klee7013 described. Shoot me an email if you want the latest pricing chris.zimmerman@remtec.net.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12