Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Tool bags

I've decided to stick with my Homer bucket and pouch for service. Can't beat the price, accommodations and possibilities. Like a 12 inch 2x4, obstensively for a little help with larger blower housings - but really makes for an acceptable seat when working with the burner compartment.

I rarely have to go back to the truck for tools when doing service, but the damn thing does get heavy. Piece of sealtite around the handle helps ease the strain on the fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by aikenite View Post
    I'll have to say that's a pretty neat bag.Our Sears is too small to carry much. I have not seen one of these before.
    I think that they changed the style and tags on the new ones, Craftsman without the "professional" tag on them.

You might be able to order one in to york local Sears, or have it shipped directly to your door, or buy one off E-bay or Amazon. The Veto is for sure a better quality bag, but the Craftsman bags last me up to 2 years before I replace it, and the old ones are still serviceable.

...Ron
    Roof Rat

Does anybody use hard suitcases like these?
    http://www.gtline.com/toolcases.php?linea=2

Quote Originally Posted by rscamaro View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I will be buying a Veto sometime in the future. At the moment I'm sporting a Craftsman Professional split type bag. It works very similar to the Veto as in all of your tools stand up for easy retreival on the front half, the top row is pocketed, then there are loops to keep the center tools upright, and more pouches on the bottom. There are also 2 zip pouches on the fron flap. The back has a fairly large open area with 1 largish pocket. I keep my meters (2 Fluke,1 Amprobe, a petes port, micron guage) and wrenches there, plus a small canvas bag with extra scews, connectors, etc. It probably weighs in at around 40lbs. The price is reasonable as well at $45. 2 to 3 years is what they've been lasting for me, found one on E-bay for $40, link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Craftsman-Pr...51050436069%26

...Ron
    I have that same bag and I like it . I purchased a veto XL but went back to that sears bag because I packed too much stuff into the veto bag.

The sears bag is my main troubleshooting / everyday tools bag. I keep the less used tools in my veto.
    I miss you mom and dad.

The Homer Bucket Series now comes with an insertable lid with nifty compartments built in. I now have a luxury seat as well as a very stable step stool.

All for about $25.00...

Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    Piece of sealtite around the handle helps ease the strain on the fingers.
    I put a piece of garden hose and then some foam pipe insulation on mine.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678