+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tool bags

Post Likes
    I've had my LC for 2 months now and I have no complaints. Holds everything and more than what i need.

Post Likes
    I'm stickin' with a Homer Bucket and a Huskey wrap. I hate walking back to the truck and can't imagine how all my stuff will fit in a neat little bag.

It's heating season...I need my meter, digital manometer, amp clamp, digital thermometer, Husky compartment bags with 3 amp fuses, popper, wire nuts, jumpers, probes, spade connectors etc. And all the usual hand tools. And a bunch of stuff you guys would probably laugh at. Back off about the doll, man. She makes me feel better.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post
    I'm stickin' with a Homer Bucket and a Huskey wrap. I hate walking back to the truck and can't imagine how all my stuff will fit in a neat little bag.

It's heating season...I need my meter, digital manometer, amp clamp, digital thermometer, Husky compartment bags with 3 amp fuses, popper, wire nuts, jumpers, probes, spade connectors etc. And all the usual hand tools. And a bunch of stuff you guys would probably laugh at. Back off about the doll, man. She makes me feel better.
    Pics would be greatly appreciated (-:
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done
    as well as it has to be done
    And doing it all the time.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hurtinhvac View Post

Lol, actually I used to keep little super hero action toys on my van dash, superman, batman and others they were usually ones I found working but I've lost or given them all away.

Post Likes
    I use a tool pouch with attached side bags and I'm able to carry 90% of what I need all the time, but I do use a bag for installing tools- it weights about 45 lbs full- it's a Husky and has been doing fine for a few years.

Tool pouch is getting heavy though at about 15 lbs.?

Post Likes
    I just use an electricians stye tool pouch. I carry it in a metal pail. Same tools stay in the pouch. The pails contents change depending on job. Like today for make up air heaters the pail has pipe dope, scotch pad, rags, wire brush, and a tuning hammer. Good thing about the pail is it doesn't break when roping,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by joey791 View Post
    Nice if that business card is any indication we work for the same company but different branches obviously.
    JR
    Same branch.

Post Likes
    Sent you a pm, let me know who you are, I want to see your Veto LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Veto LC for about two years now. Best tool bag I have owned yet! Worth every penny, and I'd be hard-pressed to even think about trying another brand. I don't overload the bag, I'm very gentle with the zippers, and I spray 'em down with a little bit of WD-40 every couple months. Haven't had any issues.
    Don't pick the fly crap out of the pepper.

Post Likes
    Veto tech LC VS CLC 23 pocket tool bag

Only tools not included in these pics is a large Klein screwdriver I dropped down a 40' shaft and my 8" and 6" adjustable wrenches I left at home.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336256.304378.jpg
Views: 1097
Size:  48.7 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336272.605166.jpg
Views: 1080
Size:  51.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336290.057166.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  53.5 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336310.669683.jpg
Views: 1086
Size:  47.5 KB

The empty weight of both bags
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336368.716467.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  31.3 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336388.763597.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  47.5 KB

The loaded weight of the clc and the tools I load in it.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336431.097197.jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  48.5 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336475.019468.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  69.0 KB

The loaded weight of the veto tech and the tools I added.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336526.331985.jpg
Views: 1076
Size:  34.8 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336551.047039.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  70.7 KB

Making another post for loaded veto pics and my first impressions.

Post Likes
    I use FACOM BS.T14PB 14, perfect bag for going in and fault finding etc, nice size and not very heavy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FACOM-BS-T...#ht_1724wt_699

Post Likes
    Loaded veto pics.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336670.201329.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  52.4 KB
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336689.702319.jpg
Views: 1064
Size:  49.3 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336703.219910.jpg
Views: 1070
Size:  44.1 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336717.122016.jpg
Views: 1051
Size:  52.0 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336731.257208.jpg
Views: 1100
Size:  52.6 KBName:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348336750.715754.jpg
Views: 1143
Size:  57.5 KB

Nobody sells veto bags or clc bags around here but I bought the clc for $50.00. Theres only one veto tech listing on eBay(where this one was purchased) and it's going for $156.00. I'm disappointed that for 3x as much money you still get a bag made in china.

There are two things that aren't good on the clc, no biggie because i also do sheet metal work but the bottom where the tray slides in is poorly structured and starting sagging within a week causing the bag to fall over but I built the box and all was good.
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348337101.484611.jpg
Views: 1072
Size:  46.9 KB
    The other problem is the side that has one large zippered pocket is just barely big enough to slide your fingers in, it should have had been stitched with sides that allowed one to easily put there hand in.Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348337352.089235.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  33.1 KB
    I've had this bag for 1 1/2 yrs with daily use and it's starting to show wear on the bottom
    Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348337687.349540.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  40.3 KB
    Something to keep in mind, if this bag only makes it two years that would still take 2 more purchases and 4 more years to equal the veto tech. From the looks of things it will make it more than 2 years.

Overall I would say this is a great bag for someone starting out in residential and some light commercial. I have taken this bag up and down ladders and that's it biggest downfall, with the open top design it makes it easy to catch tools on things and or dump your entire bag. I dumped the bag a few times when heading to or from a unit and in transit in which case the veto would be zipped up and you would only need to pick the bag and maybe a couple things up.

I haven't run any calls with it yet but the veto held everything I already use and a little more, the bottom looks more durable than any other bag designs I've seen, this is the first place most wear so that's good. If you look in the picks there are holes next to the handle that look like a good spot for rags. I still find it hard to believe we should be paying $156.00 for a tool bag made in china but maybe after a couple years I'll be a big believer : ).

I'll do an update in about a month or two if anyone is interested.

Post Likes
    Thanks Mason for taking the time to do all that, I really appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes
    Its a tough bag.
    Best thing about imo is the ease of finding every tool.
    Its great when it starts raining.
    Not as big a deal to get it to instant cover like an open top.
    Zippered closed it is great on ladders and roping up buildings.
    I can't really imagine going back to another bag.

Post Likes
    http://images.hayneedle.com/mgen/master:JEN698.jpg I picked up this bag from Seers, plenty of space inside, opens right up and pockets to organize then throw room in the middle for things like a hammer, pipe wrench, tin snips ect

Post Likes
    Thanks for starting this thread, whoever it was. I was reminded to grab my bucket and clean/lighten it, discovering I had left my fieldpiece thermometer hanging from my last call's plenum. Luckily it was only a few miles away - but a very talkative client...cost me fifteen minutes.

Post Likes
    I've had my Veto LC for almost 8 years. 170 bucks with tax /8years = $21.50/year (40 cents a week) and getting cheaper as time goes by. This bag has not let me down once.
    The trick is to only load it with tools that you NEED. I go through it weekly to ensure I don't carry unnecessary weight.
    Another walk to the van isn't going to kill me.
    As I am unusually strong I am tempted to carry everything at once. However it is easier on my body to make a couple trips for tools than to go full arnold in one shot.

Post Likes
    I have been eyeing the veto pro pac xxl-f for quite a while. I service pellet sysyems, wood systems, and gas fireplaces systems. The amount of tools that I carry is just crazy, but trips to the truck hurt my service times and snow ball etc.. I have a 18 in husky the biggest one they got without the wheels and its done a great job at a price of 39. and some change, but looking for something a bit more rugged and the husky after two years is starting to fail on me with the rods that make the bag frame cut and poke out on the top edges. I bought another today because have to service bags ready to go for side jobs but within the next month or two going to grab the veto and will post up results after putting it to the test.

Post Likes
    I will get the veto Tech LC but waiting till xmas as ive spend too much on tools these last couple of weeks. Testo 557, x2 fluke meters, d tek select leak detector, facom tool bag and couple pairs steps.

Post Likes
    I can put to to my back pocket and , it cover most of the thing I need
    Attached Images Attached Images     

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in