Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Tool bags

Thanks Mason for taking the time to do all that, I really appreciate it
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Its a tough bag.
    Best thing about imo is the ease of finding every tool.
    Its great when it starts raining.
    Not as big a deal to get it to instant cover like an open top.
    Zippered closed it is great on ladders and roping up buildings.
    I can't really imagine going back to another bag.

http://images.hayneedle.com/mgen/master:JEN698.jpg I picked up this bag from Seers, plenty of space inside, opens right up and pockets to organize then throw room in the middle for things like a hammer, pipe wrench, tin snips ect

Thanks for starting this thread, whoever it was. I was reminded to grab my bucket and clean/lighten it, discovering I had left my fieldpiece thermometer hanging from my last call's plenum. Luckily it was only a few miles away - but a very talkative client...cost me fifteen minutes.

I've had my Veto LC for almost 8 years. 170 bucks with tax /8years = $21.50/year (40 cents a week) and getting cheaper as time goes by. This bag has not let me down once.
    The trick is to only load it with tools that you NEED. I go through it weekly to ensure I don't carry unnecessary weight.
    Another walk to the van isn't going to kill me.
    As I am unusually strong I am tempted to carry everything at once. However it is easier on my body to make a couple trips for tools than to go full arnold in one shot.

I have been eyeing the veto pro pac xxl-f for quite a while. I service pellet sysyems, wood systems, and gas fireplaces systems. The amount of tools that I carry is just crazy, but trips to the truck hurt my service times and snow ball etc.. I have a 18 in husky the biggest one they got without the wheels and its done a great job at a price of 39. and some change, but looking for something a bit more rugged and the husky after two years is starting to fail on me with the rods that make the bag frame cut and poke out on the top edges. I bought another today because have to service bags ready to go for side jobs but within the next month or two going to grab the veto and will post up results after putting it to the test.

I will get the veto Tech LC but waiting till xmas as ive spend too much on tools these last couple of weeks. Testo 557, x2 fluke meters, d tek select leak detector, facom tool bag and couple pairs steps.

I can put to to my back pocket and , it cover most of the thing I need
    Attached Images Attached Images     

My Veto xl has holes on both sides from roping it up and down the side of buildings. Not even 6 months old. Kinda upset because I love the bag. I know someone is going to say "try to hold it away from the side of the building". It's an xl for a reason. By the way, someone earlier was wondering if they could fit there bucket with the Husky wrap in a veto, sure can . My bucket was overflowing and I got it all in my XL. It is quite heavy but easier to carry then the bucket.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

try to hold it away from the side of the building

I use the CLC backpack as my primary now. i weighed it the other day.....30lbs

Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    My Veto xl has holes on both sides from roping it up and down the side of buildings. Not even 6 months old. Kinda upset because I love the bag. I know someone is going to say "try to hold it away from the side of the building". It's an xl for a reason. By the way, someone earlier was wondering if they could fit there bucket with the Husky wrap in a veto, sure can . My bucket was overflowing and I got it all in my XL. It is quite heavy but easier to carry then the bucket.

give VPP a call they're awesome with getting a new bag out to you fast.

Great thread with good pictures! Makes me want to take my tools out the clc backpack for a photoshoot

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph12345 View Post
    Great thread with good pictures! Makes me want to take my tools out the clc backpack for a photoshoot
    Go for it, I like looking at what everyone's carrying and thinking about if I have a need for it.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast