Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm surprised the customer didn't try to blame the op for the compressor failure.

Never take high voltage for granted. It is very dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolMech View Post
    Had a little old lady call and say she is tired of her Furnace door blowing Off. ever since the " Duct cleaners" Cleaned her furnace it made a loud boom and the door blew off and went across the room. so when I got thier sure enough she raised the T-stat and in about 30 seconds I heard a Crazy whoosh Boom from the Basment. I went down thier and had a look. The last guy that cleaned it mixed up the burners so it wouldn't light across and have a delayed ignition that had a big Roll-out. I fixed the burners and checked the unit over 100%. I cycled it hoping I didn't have to change my underwear and it was all good. How the guy left the unit like that and didn't come back to fix it is beyond me.
    I remember going on a LP furnace that someone had converted by silver soldering the orifices shut and drililng them. The solder wasn't flat, the orifices weren't drilled straight, 7 burner Bryant furnace with the pilot clear to the right side. It would blow the door off every time, 1 maybe t burners would lite, the rest would explode. I shut it off and told them they needed an actual converstion kit for that furnace which included a new valve, orifices and burners. Never heard from them again.

Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    I remember going on a LP furnace that someone had converted by silver soldering the orifices shut and drililng them. The solder wasn't flat, the orifices weren't drilled straight, 7 burner Bryant furnace with the pilot clear to the right side. It would blow the door off every time, 1 maybe t burners would lite, the rest would explode. I shut it off and told them they needed an actual converstion kit for that furnace which included a new valve, orifices and burners. Never heard from them again.
    I went one a call several years ago on a gas package unit, that had been converted to standing pilot. I jumped out the t-stat, heard the valve open but no ignition. I went to pull the disconect, Surprise!!! it was stright wired then grabbed the gascock to shut it off how I hadn't noticed the homeowner had wrapped electrical tape around it I don't know. Nothing to do but back up and let it do it's thing, didn't have time to warn my helper what was fixing to happen his eyes were big as saucers and he shook for about 3 hrs. Lesson learned now I always check the disconnect first befor I do anything and make sure the gascock is accessiable
    Certified,qualified and can do it cause were used to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12