Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gcmechanical View Post
    you lost me i weighed in charge and cleared sight glass how do you charge for head master operation i did not know there was a differance for that tell me how
    You weighed in how much charge?

There is a method by which you compute a specific amount of charge for proper condenser flooding during lower ambients with a headmaster.

If you just cleared the glass and stopped charging, you are probably low on gas and going down when the temp drops.

after charging i stayed there and checked operation sight glass flashed i put alittle more till it cleared and then waited till there was no more flashing. during the day it brings box temp to 0 degrees and stays the next morning i get a call and it is up to 20 degrees and when i get there it is short cycling so i shut it down for 15 min and restarts and it runs normal

after charging i stayed there and checked operation sight glass flashed i put alittle more till it cleared and then waited till there was no more flashing. during the day it brings box temp to 0 degrees and stays the next morning i get a call and it is up to 20 degrees and when i get there it is short cycling so i shut it down for 15 min and restarts and it runs normal
    Print the document that I linked to.

Read it.

Read it again.

Take it with you tomorrow along with a take measure and a calculator.

Follow it.

You should be fine after that.

so are you saying that the label on condenser unit as far as charge is wrong

so are you saying that the label on condenser unit as far as charge is wrong

Is it a field built up unit?

If so, was the label field installed?

How could a manufacturer predict the charge required for all potential field installations?

your right it is a walk in freezer and the condenser came with it but it was still field installed manufacturer could not know length of piping or size because of length. in this cas after reading your sporlan link i just charged until bubbles dissapeared and i should have added more after that

you are pretty knowledgable i thank you

...and, consequently, you are undercharged.

Once the head pressure drops, the condenser floods, the headmaster valve closes the condenser off, opening the discharge gas bypass.

The receiver empties out, feeding vapor to the expansion valve rather than liquid like it needs.

the simplest thing that flew from my head i overlook how long you doing refrigeration

the simplest thing that flew from my head i overlook how long you doing refrigeration
    about 18 years, now.

I forgot something, too.

Take a sharpie and write that flooding charge down on the unit...

where are you from if you dont mind me asking

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast