Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Is there any chance you will not vote for him?
    Again (as usual), libs miss the point: Would you REALLY change your vote if you saw all the tax returns, and they were 'perfect'?

If not, what difference does it make?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Again (as usual), libs miss the point: Would you REALLY change your vote if you saw all the tax returns, and they were 'perfect'?

If not, what difference does it make?
    My vote is not set in stone.

So I might. Lets see them.

Then I can use my FREE will to decide.

I think the Founding Fathers would agree with that.

Only land owners should be able to vote.

Those that go fight for their country should not be able to until they are wealthy.

Only the wealthy enough should vote.

If I pay you peanuts and it makes me rich but all you have is enough to get from paycheck to paycheck you are my slave. Slaves do not vote.

Those that do not make enough should not be able to vote as they may change the rules so that they may profit from their voice.

Those that make enough are entitled to change the rules so that they become wealthier.

I have a suggestion. How about giving the people someone worthy of voting for and maybe you will not have to concern yourselves who should be able to vote.

Oh, and by the way, people in other countries vote their leaders in without any test other than citizenship. Would the founding fathers want any less for the country's citizens than afforded to those in lesser countries?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Printer, I detect a little "Marxist" sarcasm there in your post. Of course we don't want to restrict voting to only those who are wealthy but just those you can read and write and be capable of understanding what they read.

I mean a reasonable literacy test should be used. Why should someone be interested with voting for the future of our country if they can't even read or write or understand what they read or hear?

Someone or the government is obviously having to take care of them anyhow and they should not be able to use their vote as a proxy for some special interest group of zealots who tell them who they should vote for. Don't have to look to far to know who and what these groups are.

I vote who I think is in the best interest of our country and not for someone whom I'm told to vote for. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Only land owners should be able to vote.

Those that go fight for their country should not be able to until they are wealthy.

Only the wealthy enough should vote.

If I pay you peanuts and it makes me rich but all you have is enough to get from paycheck to paycheck you are my slave. Slaves do not vote.

Those that do not make enough should not be able to vote as they may change the rules so that they may profit from their voice.

Those that make enough are entitled to change the rules so that they become wealthier.

I have a suggestion. How about giving the people someone worthy of voting for and maybe you will not have to concern yourselves who should be able to vote.

Oh, and by the way, people in other countries vote their leaders in without any test other than citizenship. Would the founding fathers want any less for the country's citizens than afforded to those in lesser countries?
    Typical responce from you Printer. You post hyperbolic absurdity to divert attention away from the original premise that those neck deep in entitlments shouldn't be allowed to vote.

But then again I cant pin down your unusual interest in American Affairs.

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    My vote is not set in stone.

So I might. Lets see them.

Then I can use my FREE will to decide.

I think the Founding Fathers would agree with that.
    So your vote is based on tax returns? Please explain how that would change your vote?

And no, my extensive studies of the founding fathers suggest they were not the kind that would flip-flop based on tax returns.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

If the original premise is that those that receive government "cheese" (old reference) should not vote many of us could not vote. For example, when starting a business it would make sense to contact the SBA to get a loan or a grant to help with start up expenses - guess what - by accepting the money you would have to give up your right to vote. But with typical conservative short sightedness folks will vote to cut off their nose to spite their face.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    If the original premise is that those that receive government "cheese" (old reference) should not vote many of us could not vote. For example, when starting a business it would make sense to contact the SBA to get a loan or a grant to help with start up expenses - guess what - by accepting the money you would have to give up your right to vote. But with typical conservative short sightedness folks will vote to cut off their nose to spite their face.
    Not the same. A loan is something you pay back, unless its a student loan under the Obama plan!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

I wonder how many guys who started their HVAC businesses, got an SBA loan? I did not. And I can say this for SURE: Since it was MY $$$ (not someone else's $$$) used to start the business, I was MORE motivated to be SURE the business succeeded.

And as noted: A loan that is paid back is different than a handout which is not paid back. For one, the person with an SBA loan cares about their credit rating.. I suspect a significant number of folks living on the govt dole do not even have a credit rating... or it is so hopelessly low a loan would be out of the question.

Giving $$$ to folks to live on, so they will not have to scrap and work like the rest of society... then expecting them to vote any way other than for the one who gives the largest handout... is just silly.
    We all fuss about govt corruption... So when are we gonna do something about it?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Romney will,still give handouts, so I don't understand why the entitlement issue is such a big fuss.

For those that do not understand SBA loans. The interest rate is usually subsidized and grants do not need to be repaid. It is a good source for small businesses and just might increase employment if the owner makes a go of it.

For those that do not understand SBA loans. The interest rate is usually subsidized and grants do not need to be repaid. It is a good source for small businesses and just might increase employment if the owner makes a go of it.

Would you volunteer your $$$ to start my business, knowing you would not be paid back?

Please explain how this is any different than giving money to a welfare leech who will not improve their life?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Not the same. A loan is something you pay back, unless its a student loan under the Obama plan!
    Student loans are one of the few loans that are not dismissed in bankruptcy. You MUST pay it back except for some very limited circumstances.

http://studentaid.ed.gov/repay-loans...s-cancellation

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast