Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 152
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Let me see if I have this right. If I inherit land and a house I get to vote, even if I don't pay Federal Income Taxes.

    On the other hand if we base it on if someone pays Federal Income Taxes someone that owns land in this country but has no Federal Income Taxes to pay cannot vote.

    I say we set a limit, say 13% or more in Federal Income Tax, that way Romney couldn't vote for himself. That's how silly this whole thing sounds.
    Lets see Mittys last 8 years of tax returns so we can decide if he is allowed to vote under GAs NEW voter rules!

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    No, GA wants the govt to do what the founding fathers directed in the founding documents:

    From the Declaration of Independence, second paragraph:

    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.
    (end)

    This means a person's rights are not granted (nor taken away) by a govt, they are ONLY guaranteed by a govt. There is a HUGE difference between thinking one's rights are given by a govt and one's rights are given by a higher power and ONLY guaranteed by a govt. Does anyone want to step up and explain the difference?

    http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html


    To rebuff your comment: GA does NOT want to limit others freedoms... GA wants to GUARANTEE a level playing field. What GA has the common sense, maturity, wisdom, insight, etc to see is: The current crop of Dems (regardless of race) are playing politics to literally BUY the votes of certain folks who are not wise enough to see they are for sale.
    Now what does 'for sale' mean? Simply put, if a voter would vote for a specific person because:
    They are the same race,
    They are the same faith (church or beliefs),
    They come from the same region of the country (well, GA would like a Texan, but GA is mature enough to not let that influence his vote),
    They promise a handout,
    They promise special consideration,
    They promise a special deal,
    They give a specific group a special deal,
    They provide any group $$$ at other's expense...
    Etc...

    Well, that is NOT what GA wants.

    What GA wants is what was written by the founding fathers in the Declaration of Independence noted above: Simply put:

    A non-biased level playing field.

    Now can anyone truly show me the current POTUS wants that? Please cite specific examples.

    A person who is a pawn is one who, when given the opportunity for special treatment or a freebee, loose their common sense, maturity, wisdom, insight, etc. In other words, their vote is for sale.
    Now if we follow that definition of a pawn... how many folks are willing to admit they are pawns? And the bigger question is: Are they gonna do something about it... or are they gonna continue to be 'for sale'?


    You continue to dribble on about the Founding Fathers as though they are your SACRED COW.

    Somehow to be revered.

    They were just men and they knew that better then you.

    Thats why they put in the ability to amend what they wrote.

    If you don't allow a citizen who is of legal age and not a felon to vote then you are taking away their freedom.

    What part of that don't you understand?

    Again your point is moot. Your restrictive voter laws are never going to happen regardless of how just and right you think you are.

    Get over it.

  3. #68
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    2,552
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    The straw man argument "give it to folks who do not work" is just that - a straw man.

    You may not believe that the working poor, retired people, and yes some upper income folks do not pay Federal Income Taxes. That doesn't change the facts - even if it doesn't support YOUR world view. Rmoney says the things he does because he is condescending to those who have less than him, those that agree with him I put in the same camp.

    The unanswered question is " Why are people who do not pay Federal Income Tax an under class?"
    Romney didn't classify "people who do not pay Federal Income Tax [as] an under class," he classified their votes as unavailable.

    Romney was talking about priorities in running for president, not being president.

    He didn't say he didn't care about people. He said there was no point in worrying about the votes he won't get in this campaign. Rather, his campaign needs to focus on the voters who have a higher probability of voting for him.

    Why do people keep talking about his remarks as though he was referring to people, not votes?
    Vacuum Technology:
    CRUD = Contamination Resulting in Undesirable Deposits.
    CRAPP = Contamination Resulting in Additional Partial Pressure.

    Change your vacuum pump oil now.

    Test. Testing, 1,2,3.

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,500
    Quote Originally Posted by sarge View Post
    So back to op.

    Romney is selling and he is focusing his resources on the 5-10% he needs to swing the sale in his direction. Problem? ....

    Leave it to the left to "not understand" the concept and then try and distort the truth to the mindless flock.

    It's like me not advertising to people who do not own a home- a waste of money.
    You missed it. The stupidity of Romney's 47% quote is many of them vote conservative. They are older and many on SS. Retired military etc. Romney doesn't even know who his supporters are.
    You mention the 5-10% in the middle. Guess what. There not much help for him because they actually think before voting. For Romney to look to them is further evidence he doesn't know the voters.
    Romney actually does reflect how disconnected the Republicans have become so maybe he was an obvious choice for a candidate.
    Tracers work both ways.

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Racer View Post
    Romney didn't classify "people who do not pay Federal Income Tax [as] an under class," he classified their votes as unavailable.

    Romney was talking about priorities in running for president, not being president.

    He didn't say he didn't care about people. He said there was no point in worrying about the votes he won't get in this campaign. Rather, his campaign needs to focus on the voters who have a higher probability of voting for him.

    Why do people keep talking about his remarks as though he was referring to people, not votes?
    Spin it anyway you want. People are in fact votes. Romney is in disconnect. Too bad. If I had this choice I would vote BO simply because America doesn't need a Romney. Never did. The AH does reflect the conservatives though. Wait....Why do you want him in office? I keep forgetting. If it's just so BO won't be President you loose. Message to working people...Who butters your bread? Get it right.
    Tracers work both ways.

  6. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    I know many here support Mr. Romney because they are tired of the entitlement issues in America.

    While I agree that the entitlement attitude has grown too big....why are people supporting Mr. Romney because of this?

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I know many here support Mr. Romney because they are tired of the entitlement issues in America.

    While I agree that the entitlement attitude has grown too big....why are people supporting Mr. Romney because of this?
    There are no Romney supporters only BO haters.

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post

    There are no Romney supporters only BO haters.
    Well people are disgusted with entitlement mentality, apparently Mr. Romney included, but he has no intention of ending that mentality.

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    5,500
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    I know many here support Mr. Romney because they are tired of the entitlement issues in America.

    While I agree that the entitlement attitude has grown too big....why are people supporting Mr. Romney because of this?
    Get it right. Social Security isn't and never has been an entitlement. It's my money and if employed half is sent from my employer. It doesn't cost our government a thing and would be completely in the black if not for the IOU's put there by politicians starting with Regan trying to balance their budget. Medicare also would be ok if not for the conservative policy fo "Starve the Beast". To refuse to fund enforcement so the debt eventually ends the program. Who's the enemy here.
    Don't call anything that uses my money an entitlement. Want to know what an entitlement is?? It's the 15% tax on capital gains. That's an entitlement.
    Tracers work both ways.

  10. #75
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,268
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post

    Get it right. Social Security isn't and never has been an entitlement. It's my money and if employed half is sent from my employer. It doesn't cost our government a thing and would be completely in the black if not for the IOU's put there by politicians starting with Regan trying to balance their budget. Medicare also would be ok if not for the conservative policy fo "Starve the Beast". To refuse to fund enforcement so the debt eventually ends the program. Who's the enemy here.
    Don't call anything that uses my money an entitlement. Want to know what an entitlement is?? It's the 15% tax on capital gains. That's an entitlement.
    I never called social security an entitlement, and I agree with you that you paid for it, it is yours.

  11. #76
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Get it right. Social Security isn't and never has been an entitlement. It's my money and if employed half is sent from my employer. It doesn't cost our government a thing and would be completely in the black if not for the IOU's put there by politicians starting with Regan trying to balance their budget. Medicare also would be ok if not for the conservative policy fo "Starve the Beast". To refuse to fund enforcement so the debt eventually ends the program. Who's the enemy here.
    Don't call anything that uses my money an entitlement. Want to know what an entitlement is?? It's the 15% tax on capital gains. That's an entitlement.

    About SS. I agree the problem with it is politicains stealing with it, but they have been stealing from it from its inception. There has never been a fund set aside for it. It has always just gone into general reveune. Part of the reasons for this are because the supreme court ruled that the govenrment could just collect a fund for everyone so it had to be a tax. I'll see if I can find the link for you.

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,079
    Seems to me we have made a 'god' (note the small g) out of voting... and totally forgotten the effect it has on the country when the WRONG person gets elected.

    "I do not care who gets elected, and I do not care how much damage they do... as long as I get to vote"... real intelligent dude there... NOT.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  13. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Seems to me we have made a 'god' (note the small g) out of voting... and totally forgotten the effect it has on the country when the WRONG person gets elected.

    "I do not care who gets elected, and I do not care how much damage they do... as long as I get to vote"... real intelligent dude there... NOT.

    What happens when your only choices are all the wrong person?

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event