Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Whats pathetic is after one rebut from me you've had to resort to nonsensical meaningless accusations.

Its called adhominem but I doubt youv'e ever entered through the doors of a debate class.

That you would follow up your first post with something even more ridiculous just shows when it comes down to it insults are the best you can do in a reasonable debate about politics.

Its nothing to brag about.

Womans sufrage was made legal in 1913 in the US.

The only opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1963 was by the Democrats. They fillibustered it......imagine that.

No racism is historically a Democrat concept. Back to the civil war.

So I still dont know what youre trying to say.
    I would like to know what he is trying to say also... seems all we get is hate and racism and entitlement mentality... with a healthy dose of us vs them. Is that really the America he wants to live in? An America that has been reduced to a dog-eat-dog world where the only way one can get ahead is to either screw someone over or get the govt to do the screwing for their special interest group? Sheesh... the founding fathers would roll in their graves.

GA personally would like an America where folks respected each other, followed traditional principles, and worked for a living. Is that so horribly bad?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Ive always felt that people with a college ed....and Im talking a bachelors degree or better.....and either a landowner with 500 acres or more or a business owner with 500 employees or more should be allowed to vote.
    One things for _______ sure, ________ rock didnt land on ______ sorry ___. That ___ __ _ _____ wasnt nowhere near _______ a _______ years ago. __ aint even a ______, __ is half _______ and half ________.

Oh... you all do know that a lot of our good soldier boys and gals over there have family back here on stamps and public assistance.

Its a shame how the government....pugs and dems...wont even pay our lower ranking enlisted men a living wage.

Romney.... that custodian guy in Lord of the Rings Return of the King...... the one sitting there eating like a pig while his son goes off to die...... Peasants......

Military members on food stamps.......military members getting disability......

for shame........
    One things for _______ sure, ________ rock didnt land on ______ sorry ___. That ___ __ _ _____ wasnt nowhere near _______ a _______ years ago. __ aint even a ______, __ is half _______ and half ________.

The straw man argument "give it to folks who do not work" is just that - a straw man.

You may not believe that the working poor, retired people, and yes some upper income folks do not pay Federal Income Taxes. That doesn't change the facts - even if it doesn't support YOUR world view. Rmoney says the things he does because he is condescending to those who have less than him, those that agree with him I put in the same camp.

The unanswered question is " Why are people who do not pay Federal Income Tax an under class?"

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    I am one of the 53% (Like Rmoney says "you will just have to trust me on that") I work hard everyday, pay my bills, invest what I have left over. So we get back to that self loathing thing again - why would I have disdain for me?

The question remains, why do the T party types want to treat people that don't pay Federal Income Taxes like they are some kind of under-class?
    Plain and simple, they are a drain on our country. If they fell on hard times and are working to get back up, I as well as most of those you seem to detest, would help them. Problem is with those that never want to get off the free ride! You feel free to keep paying for them.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Ive always felt that people with a college ed....and Im talking a bachelors degree or better.....and either a landowner with 500 acres or more or a business owner with 500 employees or more should be allowed to vote.
    Part of that is in the founding documents... voting is restricted to land-owners.

Now anyone who owns their home, owns land. So anyone who has taken the initiative to work for a living (which causes them to pay taxes BTW), and buy themselves a house, is worthy of voting.

If the person is so non-motivated and lazy they cannot even earn enough $$$ to buy a home... rather all they can do is show up and collect their govt checks... should they really be voting?

The founding fathers said NO... and I agree with them.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Part of that is in the founding documents... voting is restricted to land-owners.

Now anyone who owns their home, owns land. So anyone who has taken the initiative to work for a living (which causes them to pay taxes BTW), and buy themselves a house, is worthy of voting.

If the person is so non-motivated and lazy they cannot even earn enough $$$ to buy a home... rather all they can do is show up and collect their govt checks... should they really be voting?

The founding fathers said NO... and I agree with them.
    Normally I agree, but not in home ownership. When this was written all you had to do was go find some open land and file a homestead on it. You can no longer do that. It takes many years for most to save the money to be able to afford that first home (ignoring FannieMay). Some of these younger people have not been brainwashed by the current education system and do actually work.

Paying taxes on the other hand would be a more reasonable approach (IMO). Otherwise it would be taxation without respresentation which started the war in the beginning. If you don't pay or get more back than you put in to begin with you should be ineligible. You should not be allowed to be a larger refund (money you already paid) than money you paid into taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Normally I agree, but not in home ownership. When this was written all you had to do was go find some open land and file a homestead on it. You can no longer do that. It takes many years for most to save the money to be able to afford that first home (ignoring FannieMay). Some of these younger people have not been brainwashed by the current education system and do actually work.

Paying taxes on the other hand would be a more reasonable approach (IMO). Otherwise it would be taxation without respresentation which started the war in the beginning. If you don't pay or get more back than you put in to begin with you should be ineligible. You should not be allowed to be a larger refund (money you already paid) than money you paid into taxes.
    The point IMO behind land (home) ownership is to allow only the folks who have a vested interest in a system of EARNING a living, to make the rules governing the system. Kinda a way to preserve common sense if you will.
    It is not that hard to earn enough $$$ to buy a home... I have seen lots of folks do it by the time they are 25... many during their 21st year.

The point is to restrict making the rules to folks who have a vested interest in keeping the system working... rather than allowing leeches to assist in making the rules (which in reality is voting yourself a handout).

The problem with the paying taxes thingy is: A person working part time at MickyDee's flipping burgers pays taxes... and a lot of them I have seen are definitely not mature enough to make wise decisions about polecats.

We need to get back to common sense here; do we make an idol or god out of the right to vote... or do we restrict it so the country can heal from endless entitlement spending?

Hint: We KNOW the endless entitlement spending will result in a bankrupt country... then we ALL loose.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Let me see if I have this right. If I inherit land and a house I get to vote, even if I don't pay Federal Income Taxes.

On the other hand if we base it on if someone pays Federal Income Taxes someone that owns land in this country but has no Federal Income Taxes to pay cannot vote.

I say we set a limit, say 13% or more in Federal Income Tax, that way Romney couldn't vote for himself. That's how silly this whole thing sounds.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    The point IMO behind land (home) ownership is to allow only the folks who have a vested interest in a system of EARNING a living, to make the rules governing the system. Kinda a way to preserve common sense if you will.
    It is not that hard to earn enough $$$ to buy a home... I have seen lots of folks do it by the time they are 25... many during their 21st year.

The point is to restrict making the rules to folks who have a vested interest in keeping the system working... rather than allowing leeches to assist in making the rules (which in reality is voting yourself a handout).

The problem with the paying taxes thingy is: A person working part time at MickyDee's flipping burgers pays taxes... and a lot of them I have seen are definitely not mature enough to make wise decisions about polecats.

We need to get back to common sense here; do we make an idol or god out of the right to vote... or do we restrict it so the country can heal from endless entitlement spending?

Hint: We KNOW the endless entitlement spending will result in a bankrupt country... then we ALL loose.
    Still going to have to disagree. Take my instance. Divorced last year, house sold, still paying off attorney fees. By your belief I can't vote because you feel I don't have a vested interest. Second example, I have a friend that is single and has no desire to own a home of her own. Very content living in a condiminum. She can't vote either.

Yet we both work, pay our taxes (State and Fed). I have children in public school. I drive a truck that I own. I don't have a vested interest? The only difference between you and me is property ownership and property taxes. I could be mistaken (would be second time today) but I don't think you pay any property tax to the Feds, do you?

So based on that, you think I shouldn't be allowed to vote. Seems to me that was what caused the last revolutionary war.

I have worked full time since I was 19 (tried college for a year). I have never drawn unemployment or any other State or Federal assitance. And I don't have a vested interest?

GA and I can't believe you pushed it to the far point where I almost agree with Net!

mittens dad was on public assistance after he crossed the mexican border. guess things will be a little chilly around the thanksgiving table this year at the romney house! the guy is an embarrasment to his own family and some still think he should represent them? Deep thinkers here!

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Whats pathetic is after one rebut from me you've had to resort to nonsensical meaningless accusations.

Its called adhominem but I doubt youv'e ever entered through the doors of a debate class.

That you would follow up your first post with something even more ridiculous just shows when it comes down to it insults are the best you can do in a reasonable debate about politics.

Its nothing to brag about.

Womans sufrage was made legal in 1913 in the US.

The only opposition to the Civil Rights Act of 1963 was by the Democrats. They fillibustered it......imagine that.

No racism is historically a Democrat concept. Back to the civil war.

So I still dont know what youre trying to say.
    You are the one who stated you would make straight As if you attended an Ivy school

You figure it out.

All I said was I am sure there were excuses from many who came before you that believed that voting should only be allowed to men and not women or black people.

Your contention is similar to those before you, the only difference is that those who YOU feel are not educated or do not pay taxes should not be allowed to vote.

That type of thinking is what I called Pathetic.

Just a hint from one of your previous posts.

I before E except after C like in receive.

Perhaps your edjumacation didn't involve spelling.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast