Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post

If one cannot.... then they obviously do not understand the founding documents of the country, nor do they truly understand freedom.

And GA's observation is: Those that do not understand... are literally pawns of lieing polecats...
    GA wants to take away freedom or at least the freedom of others to vote for who they choose.

IMO that makes GA the pawn.

Ok John, what does any of this have to do with Democracy. There are plenty of countries that are a Democracy and they are ruled by uneducated citizens.
    It seems to me that the term mob rule was used to scare people from wanting to be a Democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Ok John, what does any of this have to do with Democracy. There are plenty of countries that are a Democracy and they are ruled by uneducated citizens.
    It seems to me that the term mob rule was used to scare people from wanting to be a Democracy.
    Actually a lot of voters, pick your side, fall into the mob mentality. They have no real understanding of the issues or the candidate they are choosing. That's what is so sad. They don't take the time to educate themselves. They vote how their friends or family tell them to. That is mob rule. Going along with a large group without knowing why you are doing it or even what you are doing.

I would have to agree with GA on those making entitlements their lifestyle not being able to vote. That is as bad as Congress being able to give themselves pay raises. That is something that definetly needs to be changed! As long as they can keep their lifestyle, and some of them play the system quite well and have a better lifestyle than most working people, they will never look at what is good for the country only what keeps them living the lazy life.

IMO, the problem all stems from the loss of personal responsibility and self-worth. There was a time when unemployment and food stamps were thought of as an embarassment. Those that were receiving them would do everything they could to get back "on their feet" and not have to take them anymore. People took pride in their job and providing for their family. Unfortunately it isn't that way anymore.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

"I like to fire people"
    "Corporations are people too"
    "You will just have to trust me about my tax returns"
    "These are people who pay no income tax…[M]y job is is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

This guy does not have the qualifications to be president. He requires Ryan to produce 10 years of tax returns to be considered for VP but he only releases 1 year and a "summary" for another. How does Rmoney sleep at night? He has no moral standing when it comes to talking about Federal Income Taxes. Some one needs to help him find his moral compass.

Sure didn't stop the left from getting Obama elected....we don't need no stinking qualifications!

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Actually a lot of voters, pick your side, fall into the mob mentality. They have no real understanding of the issues or the candidate they are choosing. That's what is so sad. They don't take the time to educate themselves. They vote how their friends or family tell them to. That is mob rule. Going along with a large group without knowing why you are doing it or even what you are doing.

I would have to agree with GA on those making entitlements their lifestyle not being able to vote. That is as bad as Congress being able to give themselves pay raises. That is something that definetly needs to be changed! As long as they can keep their lifestyle, and some of them play the system quite well and have a better lifestyle than most working people, they will never look at what is good for the country only what keeps them living the lazy life.

IMO, the problem all stems from the loss of personal responsibility and self-worth. There was a time when unemployment and food stamps were thought of as an embarassment. Those that were receiving them would do everything they could to get back "on their feet" and not have to take them anymore. People took pride in their job and providing for their family. Unfortunately it isn't that way anymore.
    That's not the definition of mob rule. That's our current political system.
    Mob rule would be letting the 99% create or dictate laws and Govt. But even in a democratic society majority rules. There are far more working class than there are cry babies.
    Last edited by chaard; 09-19-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    "I like to fire people"
    "Corporations are people too"
    "You will just have to trust me about my tax returns"
    "These are people who pay no income tax…[M]y job is is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

This guy does not have the qualifications to be president. He requires Ryan to produce 10 years of tax returns to be considered for VP but he only releases 1 year and a "summary" for another. How does Rmoney sleep at night? He has no moral standing when it comes to talking about Federal Income Taxes. Some one needs to help him find his moral compass.
    I suspect Mr Romney sleeps well at nite... he EARNED his $$$.

I do wonder how dems sleep at nite... they STOLE their $$$.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

That's not the definition of mob rule. That's our current political system.
    Mob rule would be letting the 99% create or dictate laws and Govt. But even in a democratic society majority rules. There are far more working class than there are cry babies.
    From Oxford dictionary: Definition of mob rule
    noun
    [mass noun]control of a political situation by those outside the conventional or lawful realm, typically involving violence and intimidation:

Sound like ACORN???

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    GA wants to take away freedom or at least the freedom of others to vote for who they choose.

IMO that makes GA the pawn.
    No, GA wants the govt to do what the founding fathers directed in the founding documents:

From the Declaration of Independence, second paragraph:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed.
    (end)

This means a person's rights are not granted (nor taken away) by a govt, they are ONLY guaranteed by a govt. There is a HUGE difference between thinking one's rights are given by a govt and one's rights are given by a higher power and ONLY guaranteed by a govt. Does anyone want to step up and explain the difference?

http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

To rebuff your comment: GA does NOT want to limit others freedoms... GA wants to GUARANTEE a level playing field. What GA has the common sense, maturity, wisdom, insight, etc to see is: The current crop of Dems (regardless of race) are playing politics to literally BUY the votes of certain folks who are not wise enough to see they are for sale.
    Now what does 'for sale' mean? Simply put, if a voter would vote for a specific person because:
    They are the same race,
    They are the same faith (church or beliefs),
    They come from the same region of the country (well, GA would like a Texan, but GA is mature enough to not let that influence his vote),
    They promise a handout,
    They promise special consideration,
    They promise a special deal,
    They give a specific group a special deal,
    They provide any group $$$ at other's expense...
    Etc...

Well, that is NOT what GA wants.

What GA wants is what was written by the founding fathers in the Declaration of Independence noted above: Simply put:

A non-biased level playing field.

Now can anyone truly show me the current POTUS wants that? Please cite specific examples.

A person who is a pawn is one who, when given the opportunity for special treatment or a freebee, loose their common sense, maturity, wisdom, insight, etc. In other words, their vote is for sale.
    Now if we follow that definition of a pawn... how many folks are willing to admit they are pawns? And the bigger question is: Are they gonna do something about it... or are they gonna continue to be 'for sale'?
    Last edited by ga-hvac-tech; 09-19-2012 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Added a few points
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

noun
    mass [noun]control of a political situation by those outside the conventional or lawful realm, typically involving violence and intimidation:

Sound like ACORN???
    Sounds like what we are seeing around the world in Muslim countries. Do we really want that in the USA?

NO, I think we want a sens of organization and stability. Nobody wins when mob rule becomes life.

There is, in GA's opinion, a thin line between a majority rule that has an attitude, and mob rule. Anyone care to define this more clearly...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Sounds like what we are seeing around the world in Muslim countries. Do we really want that in the USA?

NO, I think we want a sens of organization and stability. Nobody wins when mob rule becomes life.

There is, in GA's opinion, a thin line between a majority rule that has an attitude, and mob rule. Anyone care to define this more clearly...
    I can agree with an educated majority rule. Unfortunately I do not believe that is what we have in this country.

noun
    [mass noun]control of a political situation by those outside the conventional or lawful realm, typically involving violence and intimidation:

Sound like ACORN???
    Again that is our current political system. Acorn helped elect criminals. They don't write the laws.

Again that is our current political system. Acorn helped elect criminals. They don't write the laws.
    Well let's see here Chaard, you said it wasn't mob rule. By definition it is mob rule. Where in that definition did you read "write laws"???? Is it our current method of election, yes I would agree with you. Is that what the founding fathers intended, I highly doubt it but that's just my opinion.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast