Romney To America.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Sorry doesn't work that way.

Even the poor are allowed to vote here in America.

You remember, its called a Democracy

The Conservlicans Exclusion Party strikes again! AKA the Tea Party.
    Actually its a Democratic Representitive Republic.

Silly Democrats. So void of any meaningful information.

Democracy proper, in its purist form is a terrible way to run a Country. You see then it would just be a mob rule scenario.

On to your objection. The problem with letting those who depend on social services cast a vote is they will always vote for the Politician who will perpetuate their leaching life style or vote for the guy who promises to increase their govt funded paychecks.

Now sure there are exemptions, older people who are living on social services, handicapped, people who are not physically able to acheive any means of employment.

But thats the minority of the overall contingency that siphons govt funds out of the printing presses of the Fed.

Keep that up for any amount of time especially with an idiot president who doesn't have an issue with running the debt up 6 trillion dollars in 4 short years and soon there will be no more money left for anyone.

The illegals will go back to Mexico because the Peso will be worth more than the dollar.

The economy will shrink and slow to a snail pace and suffering on a world scale will be the reality.

Remember, we go down the world goes down. Americans are the consumers of the world to the middleast oil to Chinas " crap ".

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    Actually its a Democratic Representitive Republic.

Silly Democrats. So void of any meaningful information.

Democracy proper, in its purist form is a terrible way to run a Country. You see then it would just be a mob rule scenario.

On to your objection. The problem with letting those who depend on social services cast a vote is they will always vote for the Politician who will perpetuate their leaching life style or vote for the guy who promises to increase their govt funded paychecks.

Now sure there are exemptions, older people who are living on social services, handicapped, people who are not physically able to acheive any means of employment.

But thats the minority of the overall contingency that siphons govt funds out of the printing presses of the Fed.

Keep that up for any amount of time especially with an idiot president who doesn't have an issue with running the debt up 6 trillion dollars in 4 short years and soon there will be no more money left for anyone.

The illegals will go back to Mexico because the Peso will be worth more than the dollar.

The economy will shrink and slow to a snail pace and suffering on a world scale will be the reality.

Remember, we go down the world goes down. Americans are the consumers of the world to the middleast oil to Chinas " crap ".
    Well fortunately not everybody is as pessimistic about life as you.

I'm sure there was an excuse for not letting women or blacks vote too.

Pathetic

Women and blacks can vote?
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post

Can you show where that is true.

Mob rule works pretty good....if you are the mob leader.
    Sitting back and watching from a high rise window... eating some chips and dip...sipping on a coke...... watching your minions do your bidding...
    "Maybe I am a welfares queen"

Cliven Bundy.... Patriot ???

He actually said that

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Sitting back and watching from a high rise window... eating some chips and dip...sipping on a coke...... watching your minions do your bidding...
    Democracy doesn't equal mob rule. A mob is a small group of people. Whether a country is a Democracy or Republic, majority rules.
    In ancient Greek political thought ochlocracy was considered as one of the three "bad" forms of government (tyranny, oligarchy and ochlocracy) as opposed to the three "good" forms of government (monarchy, aristocracy and democracy). The distinction between "good" and "bad" was made according to whether the government form would act in the interest of the whole community ("good") or the exclusive interests of a group or individual at the expense of justice ("bad").

An ochlocrat is one who is an advocate or partisan of ochlocracy. It can also be used as an adjective (ochlocratic or ochlocratical).

The threat of "mob rule" to a democracy is restrained by ensuring that the rule of law protects minorities or individuals against short-term demagoguery or moral panic. Though considering how laws in a democracy are established or repealed by the majority, the rule of law's protection of minorities is questionable
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ochlocracy#section_1

Sorry doesn't work that way.

Even the poor are allowed to vote here in America.

You remember, its called a Democracy

The Conservlicans Exclusion Party strikes again! AKA the Tea Party.
    Not the way the founding fathers planned it... And this country was NOT founded as a democracy, it was founded as a republic. Do you know the difference?

Which brings up a question: Are we smarter than the founding fathers... or were they smarter than we are? One or the other is true.

It is easy to guess which answer will come from someone... all one has to do is look-see if they are lined up at the govt feeding troph, or out there earning a living themselves...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Either way the poor are still allowed to vote here in America last time I heard.

But if the Conservlicans get their way that will be one of the first things they will try to change.

They cry out about personal Freedom.

But really only want it for themselves and not any others who disagree with their political positions.
    Freedom without responsibility is anarchy... which leads to the destruction of the country. NO exceptions in history I have found... someone show me one.

The reason poor folks should not vote is simple: They are neither smart enough nor wise enough to do so.

Would the boss of a company give the key to the safe to the janitor? NO, because they would probably steal the $$$ and the company would fail. The janitor does not have enough sense to understand that using the money wisely will produce long term income... all they would want to do is plunder the money short term. It is just stupid (stupid as in literally taking a gun and shooting oneself in the foot) to plunder today at the expense of tomorrow. Now tell me which candidate for POTUS has a track record of plunder and which one has a track record of creating capital and wealth? If we want this country to be here in a decade, a generation, etc (in other words if we really care about our kids)... we had better get some business sense in govt. Otherwise... we ALL will be poor... and the so called poor today will not be equipped to handle it as well as the rich who know how to work and grow money.

I wonder how the folks who are so greedy they do not care... would feel when they are in their 80's and their grandkids come over and cuss them out for destroying the American dream... But then the ones who are that greedy probably do not care about anything beyond themselves... Like a spoiled kid.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Can you show where that is true.
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Simple: When you have a group of folks without any form of leadership... The standard behavior of 'one-up-manship' starts. Think of it like this: A bunch of HVACR techs are at the local watering hole... one tells a story about a refer issue... the next one says, that is nothing, I did xxx... the next one says; that is nothing, I did xxxx, and so on (note 3x, then 4x... the stories become bigger and bigger each time). Soon there is no truth in the whole discussion. Then there is the sense of mob justice; Think of a lynching mob looking for someone to hang... they do not care if the person who truly committed the crime is punished... they just want to punish someone. The movie 'The Green Mile' comes to mind.

It is said the dumbest person in the mob is the level of mob intelligence.

Surely we do not want that level of intelligence, maturity, and wisdom running our country.

NO, I think we need to choose our leaders wisely; and NOT based on how many handouts one gets. I have already done a rant on the govt feeding trough... read that post... <grin>
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Freedom without responsibility is anarchy... which leads to the destruction of the country. NO exceptions in history I have found... someone show me one.

The reason poor folks should not vote is simple: They are neither smart enough nor wise enough to do so.

Would the boss of a company give the key to the safe to the janitor? NO, because they would probably steal the $$$ and the company would fail. The janitor does not have enough sense to understand that using the money wisely will produce long term income... all they would want to do is plunder the money short term. It is just stupid (stupid as in literally taking a gun and shooting oneself in the foot) to plunder today at the expense of tomorrow. Now tell me which candidate for POTUS has a track record of plunder and which one has a track record of creating capital and wealth? If we want this country to be here in a decade, a generation, etc (in other words if we really care about our kids)... we had better get some business sense in govt. Otherwise... we ALL will be poor... and the so called poor today will not be equipped to handle it as well as the rich who know how to work and grow money.

I wonder how the folks who are so greedy they do not care... would feel when they are in their 80's and their grandkids come over and cuss them out for destroying the American dream... But then the ones who are that greedy probably do not care about anything beyond themselves... Like a spoiled kid.
    It is not a requirement to be smart or not poor in order to vote here in America.

Only that your are a citizen, legal age, and not a felon.

GA wants to change the rules and his above numerous redundant points are moot because it is never going to happen.

So beating something to death that is never going to happen isn't all that smart in my opinion.

I say we don't let GA vote because he will only vote for someone who is going to cut government benefits.
    '
    See GA is the same as those he claims will only vote one way. Those in GAs words "feeding at the trough"

So why if GA is so biased in his position should GA be allowed to vote?

Oh thats right only smart tax paying people should be allowed to vote here in America.

Well IMO GA is "feeding at the trough" of conservative slop.

So the next time you see GA have him read the above post.
    Last edited by mcjo tech; 09-19-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Democracy doesn't equal mob rule. A mob is a small group of people. Whether a country is a Democracy or Republic, majority rules.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ochlocracy#section_1
    Yet what happens when the majority becomes too dumb to recognize when the polecats are lieing to them? Do we just let the country go down the tubes? After all, the majority voted for them?

Majority rule sounds good on paper... however: If this country were to be 60% illiterate unskilled laborers... folks who could not manage their $$$ for one week (lived from paycheck to paycheck)... and I am sure we could come up with some more examples. Would we really want them electing an illiterate laborer (no reference to a specific trade) to POTUS? And do we really think that illiterate laborer would be able to run the country in a way that folks would prosper for a decade, a generation, a century? Would that illiterate guy (gal) have enough sense to plan and LEAD the country LONG TERM so our kids and grandkids and greatgrandkids would have a stable and safe place to live?
    Buzzwords and sound-bytes are fun... however one needs to think them out before accepting them. That is the difference between one who should and should not be voting... someone that thinks things out, rather than someone who can be manipulated by a smooth talking liar.

Here is another example: Remember a while back when I gave the example of your (example) 14 year old daughter? On Friday nite give her the car keys, a bottle of jack, a package of condoms, tell her she does not need to be home until sun nite... and wonder why here school grades go down the tubes and she comes home pregnant? She is obviously NOT mature enough for that level of responsibility. And to give it to her anyhow is almost guaranteeing bed results.
    Well... until a person understands how to sort out polecats lieing and learns how to make a living for themselves (specifically NOT live at the govt feeding troph)... it does not take a rocket scientist to understand they are not mature enough to vote. To let them vote just because of age... is literally putting the fox in charge of the henhouse.
    Now I wonder what the fox will do when he has eaten all the hens? Yeah, we all know... go on to the next farm. Well guess what: When this country is wrecked and ruined... the folks that ruined it will just move on to the next country and ruin it.

Do we really want to let that happen?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

It is not a requirement to be smart or not poor in order to vote here in America.

You want to change the rules and your above numerous redundant points are moot because it is never going to happen.

So beating something to death that is never going to happen isn't all that smart in my opinion.

I say we don't let you vote because you will only vote for someone who is going to cut government benefits.
    '
    See you are the same as those you claim will only vote one way. Those in your words "feeding at the trough"

So why if you are also so biased in your position should you be allowed to vote?

Oh thats right only smart tax paying people should be allowed to vote here in America.

So a person would put the fox in charge of the henhouse, KNOWING this choice is not only stupid, it is also self destructive... just so they can have the control of putting the fox there... and feeling good about themselves having the 'right' to do so. Please explain how that is good for the WHOLE country. That is; every race, income level, religion, etc.

If one cannot.... then they obviously do not understand the founding documents of the country, nor do they truly understand freedom.

And GA's observation is: Those that do not understand... are literally pawns of lieing polecats... In other words, they are bought and paid for. Kinda not much different than being a slave... just more sneaky. So tell me... would physical ownership or mental ownership be worse?

The slaves before the civil war were physically owned... yet they were mentally free. Today we all are physically equal (we are not free), yet we are mentally slaves to polecats lies and the public dole.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

GA wants to change the rules and his above numerous redundant points are moot because it is never going to happen.

I say we don't let GA vote because he will only vote for someone who is going to cut government benefits.
    '
    See GA is the same as those he claims will only vote one way. Those in GAs words "feeding at the trough"

So why if GA is so biased in his position should GA be allowed to vote?

No, GA would vote for someone that would level the playing field so ALL would have an equal chance to earn their own living. Like the founding fathers intended.

At least GA is not feeding at the trough of the govt dole. There is a HUGE difference. Do we understand what that difference is?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast