Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
Results 118 to 130 of 152
  1. #118
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    So let me see if I get this correctly:

    The govt will take your tax $$$ (by force of law), then give it out in loans that may not be paid back...

    However you would not make the same loans the govt would, with YOUR $$$.

    Is it just me, or does anyone else see the double standard here?
    Your first thought is probably the correct one - it's just you.

    SBA loans are like any other, creditworthiness and references are checked.

  2. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Your first thought is probably the correct one - it's just you.

    SBA loans are like any other, creditworthiness and references are checked.
    Yet if the loan is made to a corporation... and the corporation goes belly up... then the loan is not paid... Think that solar co that went through 1/2 Trillion.

    NO, I think you are not seeing the point (selective vision there Salty). The govt should not take my $$$ by force and lend it out. Rather, the banking industry (note PRIVATE industry) should do the lending... with the understanding there is NO SAFETY NET if they make a mistake.

    Nothing like it being YOUR PERSONAL BUTT on the line, to bring fiscal responsibility back into the equation. Now is that part about one's personal butt being on the line really so hard to understand... unless there is an alternate agenda... like buying votes.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  3. #120
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,805
    Atta boy!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

    - General George S. Patton

  4. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,713
    Getting back to the original point, according to this new conservative way of thinking "some one who doesn't own property or someone who accepts money from the gov must lose their vote" is never going to happen. This whole "government is taking my money by force" thing really is a smokescreen for folks true feelings about those they consider unworthy or beneath them. It is no wonder a wise man once said " I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians"

  5. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Getting back to the original point, according to this new conservative way of thinking "some one who doesn't own property or someone who accepts money from the gov must lose their vote" is never going to happen. This whole "government is taking my money by force" thing really is a smokescreen for folks true feelings about those they consider unworthy or beneath them. It is no wonder a wise man once said " I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians"
    Your divide and conquer stuff will not fly here Salty... as usual you are trying to divert attention from the reality you have been caught as a liberal who does not understand (nothing new here... few libs do).

    The idea the govt has the right to play Robinhood is just insane. Where does anyone get that idea from?

    The post above seems to assume the govt has that right... just because they get away with it.

    The founding documents are what the govt has the right to do and what they do NOT have the right to do.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  6. #123
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    My understanding SS funds go into the SS Trust fund not General Revenues.
    Anything that was collected above what was being sent out was "borrowed", and replaced with an IOU. Been that way since day one.

  7. #124
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacker View Post
    Why does it matter. You've seen BO as President, what more do you need. Strange as so many point fingers at BO and call him a Socialist when he, like Clinton is closer to a mid road conservative. Are you saying even after seeing BO's performance as President you would not vote for him if he had bad grades? How irreverent is that.
    BYW, haven't you seen his birth certificate yet? It's available. Of course you could choose to belive the crazies.

    That was trying to demonstrate the hypocraciy of demanding Obama's birth certificate then turning around and saying that it's pointless to see Romney's tax records. I would not vote for either snake, based on their performance.

    There multitudes of reasons I would not vote for Obama. NDAA, Patriate act renewel, trying to get warrentless wire tapes, renewing the emergency powers act from 9/11. The list is long.

    Reasons not to vote for Romney. Romneycare, signing gun regulation bill, liberal appointies to judicial seats, flipfloping on every position he has ever taken up.

    You are right, OB is not a socialist, Just like Romney hes an economic fascist. Oh before people just on me for saying fascist, go find out what it actually is. The joining of power between government and business.

  8. #125
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Your divide and conquer stuff will not fly here Salty... as usual you are trying to divert attention from the reality you have been caught as a liberal who does not understand (nothing new here... few libs do).

    The idea the govt has the right to play Robinhood is just insane. Where does anyone get that idea from?

    The post above seems to assume the govt has that right... just because they get away with it.

    The founding documents are what the govt has the right to do and what they do NOT have the right to do.
    This is not divide and conquer (nice try) the reality is I called the bluff on the folks that would deprive an American of the RIGHT to vote. The founding documents were written by men and have been amended by men to provide rights to ALL Americans. It seems that some in this country see themselves above others and seek to deny others the same freedoms they enjoy in this great nation. I find the notion that it is even under consideration to create a non voting underclass in MY country totally repugnant. If that makes me a liberal so be it, but do not mistake my standing up for what is right as a sign that I "do not understand" I do and that is why I feel that the "new conservative" propaganda push to restrict, privatize and dismantle government in favor of corporate interests to the determent of the individual is worth fighting against.

  9. #126
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    That was trying to demonstrate the hypocraciy of demanding Obama's birth certificate then turning around and saying that it's pointless to see Romney's tax records. I would not vote for either snake, based on their performance.

    There multitudes of reasons I would not vote for Obama. NDAA, Patriate act renewel, trying to get warrentless wire tapes, renewing the emergency powers act from 9/11. The list is long.

    Reasons not to vote for Romney. Romneycare, signing gun regulation bill, liberal appointies to judicial seats, flipfloping on every position he has ever taken up.

    You are right, OB is not a socialist, Just like Romney hes an economic fascist. Oh before people just on me for saying fascist, go find out what it actually is. The joining of power between government and business.
    So when it comes down to who you WILL vote for... what reasons would that be based on?
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  10. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    So when it comes down to who you WILL vote for... what reasons would that be based on?
    What they do vs what they said they would do and if I agree with what they do do.

    Take Rand Paul. Love what he does, but he plays the politics game, so I would not vote for him. Gary Johnson I might. I disagree with him on a few issues but he seems to do what he says he would. If they aren't willing to say what they are going to do, and do it they aren't worth the time of day.

    Until people wake up to the fact that there is no lesser of two evils, just a minor difference in the type of evil your going to get nothing will change.

  11. #128
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,463
    Funny Elf, I know you support Obama but trying to imply that Romney is just like the alien Marxist who is destroying our country. Yeah you want good Americans to stay home while the left elects the Anti Christ. Thank you very much

  12. #129
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    880
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny Elf, I know you support Obama but trying to imply that Romney is just like the alien Marxist who is destroying our country. Yeah you want good Americans to stay home while the left elects the Anti Christ. Thank you very much

    LOL your funny. I despise everything he has done to this country. I'm just not blinded by the D behind his name to notice most of what he has done was exactly the same as what the republican president before him did, which was exactly the same as the democrat before him and on and on. With every president and every congress the federal government has gotten larger and larger, and until people like you notice that the republicans grow the government faster then the democrats, with you cheering them on, its just going to continue.

  13. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    So your vote is based on tax returns? Please explain how that would change your vote?

    And no, my extensive studies of the founding fathers suggest they were not the kind that would flip-flop based on tax returns.
    There you go again with your Founding Fathers worship.

    We know ,We know, no one alive today is as smart as those "Founding Fathers"

    ReallY?

    My vote is based a a lot of differing factors.

    What I said is I would consider it.

    What part of that statement did you not understand?

    That is not a flip flop.

    Once again show me Romneys tax returns so I can use my FREE will to decide on whether he is going to get my vote.

    He will never do that because he knows that releasing them will cost him the election. So neither you or I or anyone else will ever see them.

    Of course according to you Romney will win in November "EASILY".

    Not looking like your prediction has any real chance of happening.

    Delusion whether it be over the Founding Fathers or Romney abounds.

    '

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event