Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
    Something to think about:

There is lots of BAD BLOOD between the Clintons and BHO... It does not take a rocket scientist to understand that... and only about 5 min of googling to confirm it.

So why is Bill campaigning for BHO?

The only answer I can come up with is: BHO is in SERIOUS trouble and know it!
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Something to think about:

There is lots of BAD BLOOD between the Clintons and BHO... It does not take a rocket scientist to understand that... and only about 5 min of googling to confirm it.

So why is Bill campaigning for BHO?

The only answer I can come up with is: BHO is in SERIOUS trouble and know it!
    Since you have said in the past that a person must be a party member to have a valid opinion about the party and its leaders or they should just shut up - you are obviously not a Democrat so you might consider taking your own advice.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    Since you have said in the past that a person must be a party member to have a valid opinion about the party and its leaders or they should just shut up - you are obviously not a Democrat so you might consider taking your own advice.
    Hey Net, those who live in glass houses should not throw any stones!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Hey Net, those who live in glass houses should not throw any stones!
    I couldn't resist - I was read the riot act about my opinion regarding the Rethuglican party so I returned with a what is good for the goose is good for the gander remark.
    Forgive but do not forget.

Any one willing to place wager on how long it will be before the hostage(s') heads start rolling? I feel for that poor man, it must be a terrible thing to know that your life will soon be over and it is going to end in the most horrific manner imaginable. That's the religion of peace for you.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Ya know... we as adults seem to have short memories of lessons we learned when we were kids:

Did appeasment ever stop the playground bully?
    Did giving in ever stop extortion (stealing your lunch)?
    H*ll, did running and hiding ever work?

NO, we all know EXACTLY WHAT WORKED: one of two things:
    One: Beat the living SH*T out of the bully... and they looked for someone else to bully (note the bullying behavior did NOT stop... just was no longer aimed at the person who grew a set and dealt with the issue).
    Two: Get the authorities to punish the bully... which in reality only caused a short reprieve before the now 'empowered' bully (he now knows when he can get away with it) comes after you when the authorities are not looking.

So do we act on what we KNOW is basic human nature... and SOLVE the problem... or
    Do we play games with the problem, all the while US citizens (both abroad and at home) are less safe and our prosperity goes down?
    Or do we go back to PROVEN traditional principles that have a history (thousands of years) of WORKING to SOLVE the issues.

You can decide the first Tuesday of November.
    You are correct...except for a few things.

You could completely avoid the bully...and since they are across the Atlantic it shouldn't be too hard.

Also....are you sure they are the bullies? America has been messing with the middle east for decades, long before they decided to attack us.

Quote Originally Posted by netsalt View Post
    So tell me OH wise one... what bearing does your statement have on solving the problems of the nation?

Yes, this is one of those questions which if you do not answer... your true intent at this forum will be clear as a sight glass (if you know what that is).
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

So tell me OH wise one... what bearing does your statement have on solving the problems of the nation?

Yes, this is one of those questions which if you do not answer... your true intent at this forum will be clear as a sight glass (if you know what that is).
    Kinda the way I felt when you said it.
    Let's let this drop
    Been checking sight glass readings since I was a kid - first paying job from a slum-lord.

Student you must have lived a charmed life if you can't understand how bullies operate. You can never avoid the bullies. You can try your best too, but they see this as a sign of weakness and it increases their desire to torment you.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    You are correct...except for a few things.

You could completely avoid the bully...and since they are across the Atlantic it shouldn't be too hard.

Also....are you sure they are the bullies? America has been messing with the middle east for decades, long before they decided to attack us.
    Yet:

As noted above in my post:

Hiding from the bully does not work.

Yes, they are across the Ocean... unless you think about a number of terrorist actions by Muslims HERE ON AMERICAN SOIL, that have happened SINCE 911. I am sure you can think of a few...

It seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle: One of the reasons for the Iraq war lasting as long as it did was: To keep the fight OFF AMERICAN SOIL. Bush Jr was pretty smart on that one.

Now for the idea of isolationism (does not work): WW2 would not have been as severe if the USA had gotten in sooner.
    If the USA does not spread its 'influence' around the world... other countries will. How long do you think it will be before the world world gangs up on the USA? And do you really think we can take on the whole world and win in a theoretical WW3?
    And now for what I believe is the reason we are there: Why burn up all our oil, when we can use up theirs? All we have to do is 'handle' their politics. We will be in the middle of it regardless... why not get the goods in the process. And along the way; we have the weapon of not buying their oil... which would cripple their economies.

Handle their politics? Someone ask what that means: Do some study of history: Noreiga in Panama, the Shah in Iran, Saddamm in Iraq, Mubarek in Egypt, just to name a few... these were 'puppets'; moulded by the USA and loyal to the USA (behind the scenes); To keep the influence of the USA where we want it. Does it always look like this on the surface... no it does not. However if one studies enough, they will figure out what is going on just below (and waaay below) the surface. And in GA's opinion; what is below the surface is what is important.

So you see: Being involved is really better for us than isolationism... which would produce other problems that would be worse.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

Hearthman I sorta had the same general thought about the movie being the reason for all this. I thought now isn't this convenient the 11th anniversary of 9/11 and all the Middle East goes freakin' bonkers.

Yet:

As noted above in my post:

Hiding from the bully does not work.

Yes, they are across the Ocean... unless you think about a number of terrorist actions by Muslims HERE ON AMERICAN SOIL, that have happened SINCE 911. I am sure you can think of a few...

It seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle: One of the reasons for the Iraq war lasting as long as it did was: To keep the fight OFF AMERICAN SOIL. Bush Jr was pretty smart on that one.

Now for the idea of isolationism (does not work): WW2 would not have been as severe if the USA had gotten in sooner.
    If the USA does not spread its 'influence' around the world... other countries will. How long do you think it will be before the world world gangs up on the USA? And do you really think we can take on the whole world and win in a theoretical WW3?
    And now for what I believe is the reason we are there: Why burn up all our oil, when we can use up theirs? All we have to do is 'handle' their politics. We will be in the middle of it regardless... why not get the goods in the process. And along the way; we have the weapon of not buying their oil... which would cripple their economies.

Handle their politics? Someone ask what that means: Do some study of history: Noreiga in Panama, the Shah in Iran, Saddamm in Iraq, Mubarek in Egypt, just to name a few... these were 'puppets'; moulded by the USA and loyal to the USA (behind the scenes); To keep the influence of the USA where we want it. Does it always look like this on the surface... no it does not. However if one studies enough, they will figure out what is going on just below (and waaay below) the surface. And in GA's opinion; what is below the surface is what is important.

So you see: Being involved is really better for us than isolationism... which would produce other problems that would be worse.
    It's reasoning like this that lead to the fall of Rome. All empires fall do to over reach. Ours is already in the process.

P.S. North Korea is Isolationist, Switzerland is non-interventionist. I don't think anyone in the USA is advocating becoming like North Korea.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast