Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
Results 40 to 52 of 238
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Well I respectfully disagree.

    IMO he made it clear that it was a deplorable act.

    The OP and others made it seem that he apologised when that indeed was not the case.

    What more do you want ?

    And if he did say more what would it change or be of benefit in some way?

    I ask again to both tech rob and you.

    How would a stronger rhetoric help in this situation?

    What benefit would be accomplished by it?

    Do you really believe that getting up in their face would change anything?
    Yes I think a harsher response would have had more effect, going back to points:

    1- We can and will suspend aid to 'countries' if this crime is not remedied/cooperated to our satisfaction.
    2- We will use any means at our disposal to locate and punish the criminals.
    3- We value freedom of speech and expression far above sensibilities of violent religious zealots.
    4- Any further acts of aggression can and will be met with overwhelming counter-aggression.

    I prefer the point-by-point method of looking at the situation, but I actually could write an alternate statement. Not tonight. My thoughts are that caving into the demands of extremist ideology is only encouraging them to riot more. I'll try to put it another way:

    What Obama and co. essentially said:
    "We reject acts of violence, but we reject also the idiots who made you do it".

    What Obama and co. essentially should have said:
    "While we do not respect the message of your antagonists, we do respect their right of free speech and art. We condemn your violent reaction to a perceived insult as barbaric, uncivilized behavior unsuitable for the modern era of mankind".

    Now I am not paid to write speeches or statements, but I do understand that these things convey an important communication to the ilk. The ilk, in this case, violently goaded a statement from the POTUS. Obama bowed.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,269
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Were you smoking some good libertarian pot when you posted that? What is the thing with libertarians that they hate all war and believe war is never justified? Everybody smokes pot? Make love not war? What?
    You make a lot of assumptions sir...like many here.

    I'm only showing you that there are two sides to every coin, just as you have a theory, so do others. Do not be so eager to let your mouth spill over and not expect the same in response.

    War is a terrible thing, and anyone who claims otherwise is a fool.....lives are lost, cities burned, money thrown down the drain....and some are more eager than others to let all of this happen...when all it took to save these things was intelligent wording.

    Leaders shall fall, this type of war is simple...to the point, but when war is declared on a people...well then things get messy and it is not so easily won...this type of war is what many here are in favor of.

    If middle easterners were occupying our country with a military, dabbling in our affairs for decades...how would you react? How would America react to seeing a 9/11 take place nearly every single day? I am not defending these people, but to fight your enemy you must understand them, to understand your enemy you have to see the world through their eyes as well as your own.

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    You make a lot of assumptions sir...like many here.

    I'm only showing you that there are two sides to every coin, just as you have a theory, so do others. Do not be so eager to let your mouth spill over and not expect the same in response.

    War is a terrible thing, and anyone who claims otherwise is a fool.....lives are lost, cities burned, money thrown down the drain....and some are more eager than others to let all of this happen...when all it took to save these things was intelligent wording.

    Leaders shall fall, this type of war is simple...to the point, but when war is declared on a people...well then things get messy and it is not so easily won...this type of war is what many here are in favor of.

    If middle easterners were occupying our country with a military, dabbling in our affairs for decades...how would you react? How would America react to seeing a 9/11 take place nearly every single day? I am not defending these people, but to fight your enemy you must understand them, to understand your enemy you have to see the world through their eyes as well as your own.
    Several excellent points. But be wary of equating muslim hordes with USA and the rest of the civilized world. This is not an "apples to apples' comparison.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "I say we just nuke them from space, that is the only way to be sure". Winch from ALIENS, forgot her name.

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    My front door is locked. For your personal protection.

  4. #43
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,201
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    You make a lot of assumptions sir...like many here.

    I'm only showing you that there are two sides to every coin, just as you have a theory, so do others. Do not be so eager to let your mouth spill over and not expect the same in response.

    War is a terrible thing, and anyone who claims otherwise is a fool.....lives are lost, cities burned, money thrown down the drain....and some are more eager than others to let all of this happen...when all it took to save these things was intelligent wording.

    Leaders shall fall, this type of war is simple...to the point, but when war is declared on a people...well then things get messy and it is not so easily won...this type of war is what many here are in favor of.

    If middle easterners were occupying our country with a military, dabbling in our affairs for decades...how would you react? How would America react to seeing a 9/11 take place nearly every single day? I am not defending these people, but to fight your enemy you must understand them, to understand your enemy you have to see the world through their eyes as well as your own.
    I understand your point, and I think it's a good one. Obama doesn't really want to do anything to his Muslim friends in Cairo and Benghazi though. Are we Americans raiding and killing people in their embassies over here in America? Why should we tolerate them doing it to us then? IMHO Obama started all this when he interfered by getting rid of Mobaruk in Egypt and Momar K. in Libya. To this day I still don't understand why we attacked those two countries. Do you? Was it to rid those nutcase ragheads of their dictators? Well, they sure don't seem to have liked it very much. We rided them of their dictators so that they could then be free to attack us? These people are actually more mentally unstable than democrats IMHO.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    What Obama and co. essentially said:
    "We reject acts of violence, but we reject also the idiots who made you do it".
    This is not even a close parody of what he said and stating that you believe it is only shows your true bias.

    And you still have not answered how a tougher rhetoic would help this situation.

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,305
    Ok, the world knows the Muslims are fired up in the Middle East. Do you think we would beef up security in all our offices, maybe close come and consolidate others? The fanatics just stormed the outer fence at our Embassy in Yemen. You know, that oasis of peace and love? No one could ever imagine anyone in Yemen inciting a violent protest against us there, even though it happens to be the capital of Al Quaida. Now the Yemani government tells us they will increase security for us. They will. We can sit back and huddle around our TVs there watching game shows knowing our people are being protected............by other muslims.

    The story about that movie inciting these riots is just a cover story for the real story-- a well planned plot to overrun our embassies, fire up masses of muslim and generate more chaos esp. against the US.

    OK Mr. President---time to grow a pair and lead for once. Let's see if he can go over there and organize some communities.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Tougher rhetoric...well let's see the current policy isn't working. Everyone (western cultures) keep trying to understand these people based on our beliefs. Our (western) beliefs do not apply to them. They do not play by the same set of rules we attempt to hold ourselves to. Until we start fighting by their rules we are doomed.

    And no, not tougher rhetoric, we need action. Cancel all foreign aid to these crazy (western comparison) nations.
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  8. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Tougher rhetoric...well let's see the current policy isn't working. Everyone (western cultures) keep trying to understand these people based on our beliefs. Our (western) beliefs do not apply to them. They do not play by the same set of rules we attempt to hold ourselves to. Until we start fighting by their rules we are doomed.

    And no, not tougher rhetoric, we need action. Cancel all foreign aid to these crazy (western comparison) nations.
    Yeah, thats a great idea. I'm sure that will end all our problems over there.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Helena, Montana
    Posts
    2,155
    Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Yeah, thats a great idea. I'm sure that will end all our problems over there.
    Thanks for the vote of confidence!!!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,493
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    Thanks for the vote of confidence!!!
    As a humorous side-note, rueters has acknowledged Obama's continuing success at beating Jimmy carter's record in every possible way:

    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88C0J320120913

    Stevens, a 52-year-old California-born diplomat who spent a career operating in perilous places, became the first American ambassador killed in an attack since Adolph Dubs, the U.S. envoy to Afghanistan, died in a 1979 kidnapping attempt.

    LOL

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,956
    Obama is responsible for everything that happens in Libya now since he allowed and aided Al Qaeda to overthrow of Gaddafi who was supporting us and fighting Al Qaeda. He had a few thousand in prisons in Libya at the time. Yeah you can truly blame all this on Obama from the get go. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    21,775
    Ya know... we as adults seem to have short memories of lessons we learned when we were kids:

    Did appeasment ever stop the playground bully?
    Did giving in ever stop extortion (stealing your lunch)?
    H*ll, did running and hiding ever work?

    NO, we all know EXACTLY WHAT WORKED: one of two things:
    One: Beat the living SH*T out of the bully... and they looked for someone else to bully (note the bullying behavior did NOT stop... just was no longer aimed at the person who grew a set and dealt with the issue).
    Two: Get the authorities to punish the bully... which in reality only caused a short reprieve before the now 'empowered' bully (he now knows when he can get away with it) comes after you when the authorities are not looking.

    So do we act on what we KNOW is basic human nature... and SOLVE the problem... or
    Do we play games with the problem, all the while US citizens (both abroad and at home) are less safe and our prosperity goes down?
    Or do we go back to PROVEN traditional principles that have a history (thousands of years) of WORKING to SOLVE the issues.

    You can decide the first Tuesday of November.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

  13. #52
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,201
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Ok, the world knows the Muslims are fired up in the Middle East. Do you think we would beef up security in all our offices, maybe close come and consolidate others? The fanatics just stormed the outer fence at our Embassy in Yemen. You know, that oasis of peace and love? No one could ever imagine anyone in Yemen inciting a violent protest against us there, even though it happens to be the capital of Al Quaida. Now the Yemani government tells us they will increase security for us. They will. We can sit back and huddle around our TVs there watching game shows knowing our people are being protected............by other muslims.

    The story about that movie inciting these riots is just a cover story for the real story-- a well planned plot to overrun our embassies, fire up masses of muslim and generate more chaos esp. against the US.

    OK Mr. President---time to grow a pair and lead for once. Let's see if he can go over there and organize some communities.
    I think the Marines in Cairo ought to at least be able to carry live rounds in the guns. They're saying on Drudge they aren't even able to carry live ammo. Obambam just had it blow up in his face, and he will NOT be re-elected. He's just been faking it real good up until now.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event