Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Obama is finished. This conflict in the Middle East will seal his fate because it will prove once and for all that he actually likes crazy raghead Muslims more than he does American Christians. We have a traitor in the white house. He just tries to hide his true colors by watching ESPN, playing golf, and taking joy rides on Air Force One and acting like he is important. Romney will be the next president of the United States.
    Keep dreaming.

Romney has little to no chance of becoming President.

Is this the "Apology" you all are talking about?

"I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens," Obama said. "While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants."

Unbelievable how you all twist things.

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post

Feets, dont fails me now.........
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Here is Obams statement...... Well said...diplomatic...... condemned the action.....I dont see an apology.

Let me tell you something there tool..... that embassy was doing what it could to try and avert a mob situation...... condemning the film makers was the right thing to do.

Yes... freedom of speech...blah blah blah...... but there is also something called feeding the fire...... which is what films like this do.

Those arabs over there are savages.....they are culturally behind the times with the rest of the world..... their answer to everything is violence and their devotion to their god and the prophet mohammed surpasses anything a christian jew or buddhist...or any other person can imagine.... those folks are willing to die for their god...... ask a christian to do that and you are going to see nothing but a** and elbows........lol

You dont call a black guy a n word on the street now do you ??? Same thing with the muzzies...... while we have every right to print, or draw, or make films about anything we want...... in this day and age it doesnt make much logical sense to do things that are going to provoke those crazy bastards. Just like you dont start something with someone on the street...especially a thug that you know is going to respond violently.

Romney stuck his foot in his mouth again...... Im liking Dr Paul more and more each day now. And he is batsh*t crazy !!!

Of course I am too........~:>
    Just to be sure we are all on the same page, here is the original AM Obama statement:

I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America’s commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya’s transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.

linked here: http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/0...-libya-attack/

He has come out later in the day demanding justice and affirming freedom of speech I gather from other headlines. After some criticism.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Just to be sure we are all on the same page, here is the original AM Obama statement:

I strongly condemn the outrageous attack on our diplomatic facility in Benghazi, which took the lives of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. Right now, the American people have the families of those we lost in our thoughts and prayers. They exemplified America’s commitment to freedom, justice, and partnership with nations and people around the globe, and stand in stark contrast to those who callously took their lives.

I have directed my Administration to provide all necessary resources to support the security of our personnel in Libya, and to increase security at our diplomatic posts around the globe. While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants.

On a personal note, Chris was a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States. Throughout the Libyan revolution, he selflessly served our country and the Libyan people at our mission in Benghazi. As Ambassador in Tripoli, he has supported Libya’s transition to democracy. His legacy will endure wherever human beings reach for liberty and justice. I am profoundly grateful for his service to my Administration, and deeply saddened by this loss.

The brave Americans we lost represent the extraordinary service and sacrifices that our civilians make every day around the globe. As we stand united with their families, let us now redouble our own efforts to carry their work forward.

linked here: http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/0...-libya-attack/

He has come out later in the day demanding justice and affirming freedom of speech I gather from other headlines. After some criticism.
    Tool,

Thanks for the complete quote from the president.

We all are free to draw our own conclusions as to what he said or meant.

I myself do not see in this statement an apology from the administration of any kind.

I will admit I may be biased but even looking at it again with scrutiny I just don't see any real apology here.

He nailed it. You don't shoot first and aim later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oE_0...ature=youtu.be

The time has long since come and gone for the US government, and western civilzation as a whole to drop the multi-cultural politically correct agenda and stop handling islam with white gloves. There's no separating islam from violence, and there is no such thing as "radical islam". It's all just islam, period. We can't have it both ways. We can't continue to try and appeal to the delicate sensibilities of muslims and maintain any kind of insulation from the threat of terrorism promoted by their religion. A line in the sand must be drawn, and someone has to speak up and say "We unequivocally, unapologetically, and wholly reject you"
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Seriously? Where the heck were the Marines guarding our embassy and its flag? Do you mean to tell me there wasn't ramped up security and intelligence in Libya since the regime change? No exit strategy should there be signs of the embassy being compromised? What a fiasco in mishandling our affairs! Moreover, the Administration released a statement first apologizing to our enemies for something not officially released from or condoned by our government that resulted in an overt act of WAR! Aside from the cursory taunts and jabs saying we condemn these attacks and say we won't tolerate them, WE ALREADY HAVE!

Hasn't 9-11 taught us anything about how the lack of power projection and preparedness invites attack? I think that Obama arranged the circumstances whereby such an incident could arise that might escalate into an 'emergency' where he would have to declare martial law despite the election returns. We'll see. They beat up on Bush for having forknowledge and not pre-empting the 9-11 attacks. Ok, where was Oby on this? He knew the region was freshly overrun by Islamic radicals because HE GAVE THEM BILLIONS of our tax dollars! He met with them IN THE WHITE HOUSE with our National Security team, which is against federal law! Is this not an act of treason? Why aren't there calls for impeachment? This creep is trying to get us into a holy war with Islam!
    The Libyan Embassy was being guarded by the Libyan Army, there were no U.S. forces on the ground......end of story.

Islam is a Doctrine of violence.
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Rob View Post
    The time has long since come and gone for the US government, and western civilzation as a whole to drop the multi-cultural politically correct agenda and stop handling islam with white gloves. There's no separating islam from violence, and there is no such thing as "radical islam". It's all just islam, period. We can't have it both ways. We can't continue to try and appeal to the delicate sensibilities of muslims and maintain any kind of insulation from the threat of terrorism promoted by their religion. A line in the sand must be drawn, and someone has to speak up and say "We unequivocally, unapologetically, and wholly reject you"
    And how exactly does that help us?

Or is in our best interests?

Should we start the bombing now?

What does drawing a line in the sand or saying to them what you posted really do to help the situation?

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    And how exactly does that help us?

Or is in our best interests?

Should we start the bombing now?

What does drawing a line in the sand or saying to them what you posted really do to help the situation?
    These people won't stop until every non-muslim has been either converted or beheaded. It's time to go all-in. Time to write off the losses and cut ties with every one of these two-faced nations that accepts the check with one hand and holds the knife behind their back with the other.
    "There is no greater inequality than the equal treatment of unequals."

-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by mcjo tech View Post
    Tool,

Thanks for the complete quote from the president.

We all are free to draw our own conclusions as to what he said or meant.

I myself do not see in this statement an apology from the administration of any kind.

I will admit I may be biased but even looking at it again with scrutiny I just don't see any real apology here.
    Sure, there is no direct apology anywhere. I think the lack of any demand and/or commitment for justice or respect for the human right of freedom of speech/expression was really wimpy.

I am also thinking most everyone is annoyed by this: While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others,. That sounds apologetic. For starters, it is dishonest,....National Endowment for the Arts comes to mind with Jesus insults. And the second amendment trumps any denigration of religion. We americans know that, so the statement sounds aimed at muslims abroad. I think it was too, as part of bad policy and not some conspiracy. This has not been a Winston Churchill moment for Obama.

I would sum that statement up in points:
    1- We abhor violence. [everybody says that]
    2- We abhor religious denigration. [That is not really true]
    3- We have no plans or intention to do anything about either of the two former items.

The Obama statement was almost a mirror image of the Cairo embassy statement. It might have been better to not have made any statement at all beyond,"We are aware of the situation and taking measures as deemed prudent" and left it at that.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by exreo View Post
    Obambam and his military advisors probably told the marines in Cairo and Benghazi to stand down so they didn't offend the Islam mob.
    I asked the question "where we're the Marines when this was happening?" one of my coworkers said that he read somewhere that USMC weren't in charge of security there, and that locals (read Egyptians) were. I haven't verified whether or not he is correct.

Did the people who made the film have their blood shed? No because the chickens#^t muslims go for an easy target. You don't murder people just because you didn't like a movie.
    It might get loud!

Here is the statement from the Cairo embassy: The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims - as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions. Today, the 11th anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States, Americans are honoring our patriots and those who serve our nation as the fitting response to the enemies of democracy. Respect for religious beliefs is a cornerstone of American democracy. We firmly reject the actions by those who abuse the universal right of free speech to hurt the religious beliefs of others.

In the context of an unprovoked attack on not only our citizens, but our embassy. Not only but they killed out Ambassador, staff and a US Marine. That is an overt act of war. You don't respond with worring about the lame excuse for the attacks, which so far appear to be false as this was a premeditated coordinated attack. Any responses on such an attack must be approved through the US State Dept. That means Obama. They are under the gun to respond quickly with firmness and resolve--not starting off worrying about offending anyone. Those posts from Obama himself don't really count because it was HIS agency that responded inappropriately for him our of Cairo that matters. Sure his response sounds a little more firm once the firestorm started and he saw his error and the problem with sitting back. His people also fired the first shot at Romney--not vice versa . Should Romney have responded? Absolutely! If Obama had responded properly, he could have and I think would have backed him but Obama didn't.

What still is not being discussed by the coverup media is why were they in an indefensible location to start with and why werent' they adequately guarded? I mean, of all the hell holes in the world, where is there the highest probability for a spark in a tinderbox? These places recently underwent a violent militant coup with radical Muslim fundamentalist terrorist who have stated we are their enemy. What did we need to realize they meant us harm--attacking our embassies? Are you kidding me? After all the Bush bashing from 9-11 somebody tell me how these people were left out in Ft. Apache essentially unguarded? The answer is quite obvious-they were bait left out there on purpose and it worked. Obama needed a last minute crisis to stave off defeat in the election but he already blew it.

This deserves a Congressional investigation as to why these people were let out in one of the most volatile, dangerous places on earth surrounded by enemies with no viable defense or extraction. Why? Sending Marines now is closing the door with horse out of the barn.

BTW, the Libyan security forces ratted them out on their new secure location. That is aiding and abetting an enemy in attacking the US.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678912 ... LastLast