Novar IRM1010 via Spyder

Novar IRM1010 via Spyder

We're taking over an old Novar system and are running into a lot of these IOM Multiplexed Relay output Modules.

The original thought seemed to be that we would take them over with our spyder for this mech room. After figuring out what they are, I believe the intent is to just take over the existing valves with a pair of floating outputs from the spyder.

I think the whole reason we were even considering reusing was because the guys I work with weren't sure if they sent something other that 0-10 or 24v floating to the actuators. The other half of that reasoning was that we didn't have 2 DOs dedicated to each valve, but we've resolved that.

Assuming that we had a full I/O spyder and wanted to use a single DO send the open/closed/pulsed signal to the IRM1010?

I suppose my questions is more to the nature of the pulses (is it a pattern that I'd have trouble programming?) and if the DO's on a spyder could handle that kind of constant switching?

Don't get me wrong, I'm only asking hypothetically, I'd rather simplify the system, but sometimes it seems like I'm told to do stuff that makes little sense for monetary reasons, i.e. the way the job was bid.

If you're too "open" minded, your brains will fall out.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

How are you planing on keeping track of the actuator position in software?

If it were me, I would fill a dumpster with the IMRs and get a transducer that will take 0-10vde or 4-20ma. More than likely you will find a handful that are shot anyway.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Orion, I would expect that a float sync would have to be used much like many other floating actuators.

I'm still pretty green, so that part didn't really worry me, and maybe that's just the inexperience showing. I just figured as long as we got the drive time settled through testing and timing we'd be ok.

In the end we were able to get them taken over as they were just a 24v floating actuator. I just thought I'd pose the question out of curiosity.

Thanks all for the replies!

Floating would work if the IRM expected that type of signal.

Its looking for ON/OFF/Pulsed for open/close/hold. A floating output driver will not work.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/