Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,959

    Obamapolicy: Sheer Idiocy

    Per recent events..

    Obama could have just come out and apologized to muslims. Not saying that would be a grand IDEA but he could have done that and it might have stymied recent violence. That is what muslims want to hear. Would infuriate some Americans.. I am not saying that is wise, just listing that as an option.

    Obama could have come out harsh, demanding justice and bearing veiled threats and committing to USA security abroad. That is what Americans want to hear, not all of them, but it would have been a great opportunity for the president to soap-box on his commitment to keep Americans safe. Would infuriate some muslims.. That also has pitfalls, but it is just another option.

    Obama blew it. There is just no other way to view it. Apology or refute. He did neither. He took a middle-road position that both infuriated americans as an apology and infuriated muslims as a a lack of apology and threat of aggression. Obama basically just made everyone mad.

    Americans are mad because they think he apologized, muslims are mad because they think he did not apologize. In truth, he made an apologetic statement that was not an actual apology. Americans are mad because they think he did not make aggressive statements, muslims are mad because they thought he made aggressive statements. In truth, Obama made a non-committal statement of support for USA security.

    Obama blew it.

    He is an earthworm. I have called many people many names. I have never called anyone an earthworm before.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,802
    An earthworm huh?....thats pretty heavy man.

    Even an earthworm is more productive than Obama.
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

    - General George S. Patton

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Losantiville
    Posts
    1,713
    Yeah it is kinda sad when the only alternative jumped in his own mouth with both feet. Wouldn't trust him with that 3 am phone call - Mitt is just not presidential material.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Per recent events..

    Obama could have just come out and apologized to muslims. Not saying that would be a grand IDEA but he could have done that and it might have stymied recent violence. That is what muslims want to hear. Would infuriate some Americans.. I am not saying that is wise, just listing that as an option.

    Obama could have come out harsh, demanding justice and bearing veiled threats and committing to USA security abroad. That is what Americans want to hear, not all of them, but it would have been a great opportunity for the president to soap-box on his commitment to keep Americans safe. Would infuriate some muslims.. That also has pitfalls, but it is just another option.

    Obama blew it. There is just no other way to view it. Apology or refute. He did neither. He took a middle-road position that both infuriated americans as an apology and infuriated muslims as a a lack of apology and threat of aggression. Obama basically just made everyone mad.

    Americans are mad because they think he apologized, muslims are mad because they think he did not apologize. In truth, he made an apologetic statement that was not an actual apology. Americans are mad because they think he did not make aggressive statements, muslims are mad because they thought he made aggressive statements. In truth, Obama made a non-committal statement of support for USA security.

    Obama blew it.

    He is an earthworm. I have called many people many names. I have never called anyone an earthworm before.

    IMO I don"t think it would have mattered what he said.

    The Repubs were going to place some blame regardless of what he said or did.

    Its just politics in a election year.

    I also don't think the masses of people are infuriated with his handling of the situation.

    Just the ones who are biased and who will find any reason to critcize him.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    1,969
    It really doesn't matter what Obama said ... it was Bush's, Romney's, or someone else to be named in the futures fault.

    There is an old saying "Lead, follow, or get out of the way!" Obama won't do any of them. In order to lead you must have a postion, Obama's position is it was someone else's fault. It's kinda like that old joke "How can my wife accuse me of always being wrong when she says I never do anything"

    As far as the Middle East goes, most of history has taught us that they only understand strength and you have to get down to their level of "value of life" to truely beat them. The Russians in Afganistan in the 80's is a great example. They beat on those people for 10 years, but they never showed the resolve to really get down and dirty. The result was the lose of a lot of money and respect for the USSR which lead to it's downfall. I don't know that we as a people have the resolve to go that far, we're to soft. So from that stand point nothing any of our leaders say will make a diffence. Shake a stick at them and you just make them mad, put your tail between your legs and walk away andyou just embolden them. So unless we have a leader that can make "us" as a people get a way from being the "buddy" to the world to being the badass that would rather kick your butt than look at you we will never get away from their threat and upheaval.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    9,959
    Quote Originally Posted by kls-ccc View Post
    It really doesn't matter what Obama said ... it was Bush's, Romney's, or someone else to be named in the futures fault.

    There is an old saying "Lead, follow, or get out of the way!" Obama won't do any of them. In order to lead you must have a postion, Obama's position is it was someone else's fault. It's kinda like that old joke "How can my wife accuse me of always being wrong when she says I never do anything"

    As far as the Middle East goes, most of history has taught us that they only understand strength and you have to get down to their level of "value of life" to truely beat them. The Russians in Afganistan in the 80's is a great example. They beat on those people for 10 years, but they never showed the resolve to really get down and dirty. The result was the lose of a lot of money and respect for the USSR which lead to it's downfall. I don't know that we as a people have the resolve to go that far, we're to soft. So from that stand point nothing any of our leaders say will make a diffence. Shake a stick at them and you just make them mad, put your tail between your legs and walk away andyou just embolden them. So unless we have a leader that can make "us" as a people get a way from being the "buddy" to the world to being the badass that would rather kick your butt than look at you we will never get away from their threat and upheaval.
    I mostly agree with that but Obama really botched this one. Now this is coming out, I don't know if it will get publicity in the ME/NA area but if it does the rioting may get worse. Just found it this AM on drudge: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywo...slam-Filmmaker
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    20,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I mostly agree with that but Obama really botched this one. Now this is coming out, I don't know if it will get publicity in the ME/NA area but if it does the rioting may get worse. Just found it this AM on drudge: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywo...slam-Filmmaker
    Interesting article... doubt the public will understand much... their little minds are too quick to say "conspiracy theory is wrong" before they even look at the facts.

    I wish I were a liberal Dem... they have a wonderful gig going: They have literally blind folks doing all their bidding... these same folks refuse to even consider their 'gods' could be destructive to their own lives.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service!

    Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

    2 Chronicles 7:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image