+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why use ultra violet light or PCO when Bi-Polar Ionization is better?

Post Likes

Why use ultra violet light or PCO when Bi-Polar Ionization is better?

Name:  480694_259613087481138_1410363440_n.jpg
Views: 1519
Size:  21.5 KB

I Haven't ever used a UV Light or a PCO but I sure love the Indoor Air quality in my home after installing a Bi polar ionizer on my blower housing. I have no maintenance
    or bulb replacement,ozone odor or any odors.

Post Likes

Might ought to re think your stance.

Bi Polar Ionization produces ions which in turn produces airborne hydroxyl radicals. These radicals attack the DNA of the contaminate. What makes you believe that they can tell the differance between an airborne biologic contaminate andDNA in your lungs. The next comment would be its at safe levels. Who determinds this and where are the long term studies that back their stance? If its destroying the DNA in the air what do you think it is doing to your lungs?
    Here is some verbiage from a Medical Study.

"Given the close link between ROS formation and Oxidative DNA damage and the importance of DNA damage and mutation in carcinogenesis, it is not a large leap of intuition to link oxidative DNA lesions and cancer."
    Oxidative DNA Damage: mechanisms, Mutation, and Disease
    MARCUS S. COOKE1, MARK D. EVANS, MIRAL DIZDAROGLU* and JOSEPH LUNEC
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: pdf .pdf (549.2 KB, 1749 views)
    The premise of ventilation is that the OA is clean or of sufficient quality to be used for dilution. Traditional ventilation is somewhat being threatened by the fact that the EPA is changing the requirements for outdoor air quality which is creating non-attainment zones in what is now becoming a significant portion of the country. That means that buildings in those areas will need to clean up the OA before they bring it into the building.
    www.genesisair.com
    Genesis Air Inc.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis View Post
    Bi Polar Ionization produces ions which in turn produces airborne hydroxyl radicals. These radicals attack the DNA of the contaminate. What makes you believe that they can tell the differance between an airborne biologic contaminate andDNA in your lungs. The next comment would be its at safe levels. Who determinds this and where are the long term studies that back their stance? If its destroying the DNA in the air what do you think it is doing to your lungs?
    Here is some verbiage from a Medical Study.

"Given the close link between ROS formation and Oxidative DNA damage and the importance of DNA damage and mutation in carcinogenesis, it is not a large leap of intuition to link oxidative DNA lesions and cancer."
    Oxidative DNA Damage: mechanisms, Mutation, and Disease
    MARCUS S. COOKE1, MARK D. EVANS, MIRAL DIZDAROGLU* and JOSEPH LUNEC
    Lightning strikes and creates positive and negative ions to purify the air around the earth.

Am I to believe those ions will destroy the DNA in my Lungs too?

Some products which create Ozone may damage a laboratory animals lungs which may be the case on this report.

The one I put in my house passed the UL OZONE Chamber test did the ones in the test pass it?

I appreciate your good information.

Post Likes
    The hydroxyl radical has a very short in vivo half-life of approximately 10−9 seconds

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in