Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    I think most mobine home indoor blowers are sized for 3 to 4 tons of air flow. If you are actually blowing 1200 cfm thru a two ton coil you'll have a real poor temp drop thru coil. Slowing down the air flow will improve the size of temp. drop and improve de-humidification. With only 8 degree drop, you're not getting hardly any de-humidification of the air passing thru the coil. What is your subcool reading? I'll wager it's very high! In our area, we seldom see AC units smaller than 2 1/2 tons on M.Homes. Never seen a 2 ton AC in M.Home!
    Attaching a data graph that is representative of the output you should get from a 2 ton a/c.
    I show the outside temp/^F dew point, the inside temp/%RH/^F dew point. Also the a/c supply ^F temp/^F dew points.
    The air flow is is approx. 600 cfm.
    Regards TB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"