Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    And if the part is available, it would indicate that the dealer was not being honest with the customer. It is an X13 motor in the unit and Regal Beloit manufactures these on a regular basis. These are common parts and should be stocked by the dealer and his supply chain. There is nothing proprietary about this motor other than the programing of the module, and is used by most if not all American manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    And if the part is available, it would indicate that the dealer was not being honest with the customer. It is an X13 motor in the unit and Regal Beloit manufactures these on a regular basis. These are common parts and should be stocked by the dealer and his supply chain. There is nothing proprietary about this motor other than the programing of the module, and is used by most if not all American manufacturers.
    And you know this because.....( "And if the part is available, it would indicate that the dealer was not being honest with the customer. ")
    Are you from his area?
    Have you contacted the company in question to verify their dishonesty?
    Is it ok to smear a CO's name on here without proper knowledge of the situation at hand?
    We don't know if there may be an issue in that particular area! But let's bash the contractor, should make us feel good about ourselves!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note
    Member of the "Work Exchange Program"
    "Will work for knowledge"

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

If the contractor is having trouble finding the part, have them install temp as previously stated. Doesn't mean that he is a crook
    I have had issues with my suppliers in the past, doesn't make me a crook!

"Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid"
    A Einstein

I appreciate everyone's comments. It has been most helpful. I"ll admit that this whole thing has puzzled me and caused me to doubt the motivation of my contractor, which is why I first posted to this board. When I challenged them again this morning, they encouraged me to check around for the part and they feel confident that I will find they are telling me the truth. I guess what has bothered me the most is that they did not seem to be offering alternatives like a temporary fix as has been suggested here. They did call back later this morning and told me that they have a solution. They are going to take the fan from a new unit that they have in stock and install it in my unit. When the part comes that they ordered for me, they will use it to replace the fan taken from the other unit. They plan to complete the repair in the morning. That seems to be an acceptable resolution to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    And you know this because.....( "And if the part is available, it would indicate that the dealer was not being honest with the customer. ")
    Are you from his area?
    Is it ok to smear a CO's name on here without proper knowledge of the situation at hand?
    We don't know if there may be an issue in that particular area! But let's bash the contractor, should make us feel good about ourselves!

kamersoutdoor, your not even supposed to be posting in here without the * beside your name.

sent from my desktop Dell using Comcast.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Come on Bill, I don't think he's gonna buy a very expensive X13 motor on the net when it is in warranty.

Our Bryant supplier has them in stock. But they have been reportedly troublesome so may not be the case everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    kamersoutdoor, your not even supposed to be posting in here without the * beside your name.

sent from my desktop Dell using Comcast.
    Thats funny......
    Been approved twice.....
    Moderator, can you check on that for me?

A Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by kamersoutdoor View Post
    Are you from his area?

The motor is available, and can be shipped just about anywhere in the US in one day. To tell someone it will take 5 week to acquire is not being truthfully. A little effort on the dealers part to take care of the customer goes a long way.

Second Opinion,
    Based on the information that I have provided previously, can you tell me what the actual part number is that I would need? Even though the dealer claims that he is going to pull the fan part from a new unit since he can't get the replacement part in time, I would like to check for myself to see if the part is available. Since I am looking at having another unit added soon for an addition I would like to get to the bottom of his claim. If I confront him with the information that I have he will say, "Okay, tell me where you found the part since I haven't been able to get it". If he does prove to be right it will restore my confidence in him for future work.

Quote Originally Posted by BaldLoonie View Post
    Come on Bill, I don't think he's gonna buy a very expensive X13 motor on the net when it is in warranty.
    Yes Ruud really messed up going with the X-13, unless your a big bucks co. you will have to chase the motor every time. They go from 1.5-3 ton then 4 and 5 so you would have to stock 3 different motors. Of all people, my Plumbers went bad on his unit we installed about a year ago, had to pull it and chase one and come back, I hate that!

Conventional motors will work just fine, how do I know.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Home Owner View Post
    Second Opinion,
    Based on the information that I have provided previously, can you tell me what the actual part number is that I would need? Even though the dealer claims that he is going to pull the fan part from a new unit since he can't get the replacement part in time, I would like to check for myself to see if the part is available. Since I am looking at having another unit added soon for an addition I would like to get to the bottom of his claim. If I confront him with the information that I have he will say, "Okay, tell me where you found the part since I haven't been able to get it". If he does prove to be right it will restore my confidence in him for future work.
    This should be great
    DIY at its best!
    Tread lightly.....What comes around....

A Einstein

kamersoutdoor,
    Your response is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Home Owner View Post
    kamersoutdoor,
    Your response is confusing.
    He was speaking in special A/C Code.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12