+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rheem Condenser with fluxuating pressures and temps.

Post Likes

Rheem Condenser with fluxuating pressures and temps.

Just replaced an evap coil on an R-22 system. Had bad leak in an Aspen coil on a 5-6 year old system. It has an orifice on the coil. The day I installed it it was working well. Had a call out about a month later, upstairs not keeping up. Its a 2400sqft two story with 1-5 ton system. Suctions pressure was going up and down from about 60-75 ranging from 7-18 degree superheat. Couldn't read high side due to leaking high side hose on previous call. Checked indoor coil drop and was getting a fluxuating split of 14-18 degrees. Had a lot of temp loss in ducts from super hot attic. About 7 degrees. I plan to go back out there to get a couple more reading but was curious if anyone had some ideas what could be doing this.

Thanks.

Jr

Post Likes
    When you changed the coil, did you recover old refrigerant or pump down & keep it? We found we were getting moisture in the systems when they were leaky and stopped trying to save the remaining gas. Starting all new stopped the expensive callbacks.

Post Likes
    Non-Condsensibles?

Post Likes
    We pumped the system down and topped it off after vacuum. We were pretty careful with the system before we changed the coil so I figured the refrigerant was ok. I guess not careful enough.

Post Likes
    When I have a leaker, I recover most of the gas and then use another recovery tank for the rest.This eliminates sucking in the atmosphere.
    Doug

Post Likes
    We would pump down the charge in the past but got stung too many times with situation like this. So from about 2 years ago on, recover all then all new gas .

Post Likes
    hope you figure it out. but next time cant you use the low side or charging side hose and just screw it to the hi side?

Post Likes
    non-condensables..

bucking compound gauge.. need to recover the refrigerant and put new in... after you pump it down... Might wanna add a filter dryer as well.

Sorry bro...

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in