+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pics Of The Van

Post Likes

Pics Of The Van

So many threads about how messy our vans get out there so I figured I'd post some of mine after moving to a van with shelving. 20+ man hours later and I think everything is pretty well setup.

Back door, a bit of clutter.
    Name:  back door van.jpg
Views: 697
Size:  37.7 KB

Side door.
    Name:  side door van.jpg
Views: 718
Size:  42.8 KB

Stanley tool boxes with tool pouches in order.
    Name:  stanley toolbox.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  41.5 KB

And a wire spooler, of course.
    Name:  wire spooler.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  53.1 KB

Post Likes
    Looks great since you just moved in. Take a pic in the middle of a very busy week in the middle of a call a year from now.

Post Likes
    Oh trust me I know it will get messy but before I didn't have any refrigerant racks or shelves of any kind. The only storage devices we had were milk crates....

Post Likes
    Are refrigerant cylinder racks a generally new concept cause I don't know how you could live with out them. I guess I am asking have they been around since the cylinders were transported around or were they kept in their boxes? Ryan, that van looks like a well stocked and to some people messy and disorganized if they do one call a week? Are you mainly service cause the wire spools are great for installs but for service? Not knocking it as my van is embarrassing at the moment, as I'm waiting for a slow rainy day to pull it in the shop. I is that a Ford? The shelves we have had in the past had to be secured to the floor and tank racks due to them collapsing, and it didn't have anything to do with the fact they were overstocked and my sharp turns. Hahaha

Post Likes
    Dosent look to bad.
    If you get a small roll-a-way for the tools you dont keep in your tool pouch and mount it where your torch set is then you can free up more floor space wont look so cluttered.

Post Likes
    No offense taken Ice. I do all of our refrigeration work and a/c work. We carry NO refrigeration parts in our inventory along with very few quantities of assorted things.

I also do a lot of projects, like tomorrow we are doing a changeout on a walk-in fridge. Also I have been putting in a water proving safety switch for all of our water cooled refer condensing units. That's where all the wire came from!

Post Likes
    Is that a can of r-12 in there?

Post Likes
    No refrigeration parts but you provide 24 /7 service right? I have to admit having at least some inventory (valve plates, pressure controls, time clocks etc...) would take the pressure off your refrigeration guy with the sweet van haha

Post Likes
    It is r-12, actually changing an old 12 evaporator tomorrow. I carry 12, 502, 404, 410, and of course 22. I go on call 3 times a year but I hate having to "rig" something cause we don't have it. Just started accumulating parts and there you have it!

Post Likes
    Looks like the van of a man that works

Post Likes
    And I thought I was the only one that had 12 in the truck.

Post Likes
    All these pics are good but they are too little. That's why i can't see there content properly. Please post big size image so that i can easily see the all parts of Van.

Post Likes
    I can see them quite well, just click on them lol

Post Likes
    I just started driving a van for a company that just recently hired me. I have also driven another van for a previous employer. But through my expiriences, i am stil a pick up truck man. Despite what many assume, i can be as or better equipped than any van out ther and still load up a split system in the back of my truck after a crazy week of installing and still be better organized than most. Haters gonna hate

Post Likes
    Looks good ryan!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by austinsaysay View Post
    I just started driving a van for a company that just recently hired me. I have also driven another van for a previous employer. But through my expiriences, i am stil a pick up truck man. Despite what many assume, i can be as or better equipped than any van out ther and still load up a split system in the back of my truck after a crazy week of installing and still be better organized than most. Haters gonna hate
    To each his own. I don't care for a truck myself because of the weather. If I need something hauled, chances are good I need help getting it out and installed so I recruit help to do that!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    Looks good ryan!
    Thanks dude! You guys doing any work our way or are you all done putting in rooftops that none of us have any idea how to work on?

Post Likes
    If you have too many spare parts on hand you could always upgrade to something like this

Name:  End-of-trailer-1.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  13.5 KB

Post Likes
    We are never done there!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan1088 View Post
    Thanks dude! You guys doing any work our way or are you all done putting in rooftops that none of us have any idea how to work on?

Post Likes
    Like what?!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in