+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mcquay AGS160CS27-ER10 oil filter and oil change

Post Likes

Mcquay AGS160CS27-ER10 oil filter and oil change

Hello everyone,
    Can someone help me in obtaining information about replacing an oil filter and oil in this machine? It uses a screw compressor, and I cant seem to find any information on doing this repair work. Thank you very much in advance!!

Post Likes
    Forgot to add, the compressor model number is HSA179QY11YB

Post Likes
    This is a fairly in depth procedure and should be done by someone with the appropriate experience. You need to get your post count up to to 15 and apply for pro membership, that way we can assist you.

Post Likes
    Ok Ryan, will do.

Post Likes

oil filter access

Quote Originally Posted by 000 View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Can someone help me in obtaining information about replacing an oil filter and oil in this machine? It uses a screw compressor, and I cant seem to find any information on doing this repair work. Thank you very much in advance!!
    If the comp is compact without external oil seperator the cover plate of the oil filter is
    in the center of the upper side of the comp. near the oil seperator.
    If the comp. is equiped with an external oil seperator than the cover plate is located
    on the side of the comp. next to the inlet of the oil return hose from the oil seperator.
    You can"t miss it. It has 6 screws on it, it's round about 4" in diameter.
    The oil for r134a is any 68 synthetic. The volume is indicated on the nameplate of the chiller.
    Cheers

Post Likes
    This unit has frame 3200 Compressors, internal oil sep. as you are facing the discharge end of comp its on the lower right side oppisite side as slide valve indicator 4-5" diam. you will need to pump comp down if suc shut off valve was installed as a option. if not pump comp and evap down to cond remove cover change filter. oil is a grade 68 but only use the brand that Mcquay supplies

Post Likes
    Hi everyone,
    Update that I never did but should have:
    I changed the oil filter and replaced the oil. When taking off that 4" diameter cover, the entire oil charge comes out with it. The filter just pulls out when the cover is off. Also, the machine throws a high lift fault until you bring the charge up in the evaporator high enough so that it can start. Vapor of course with pumps running from what I learned.
    Thanks again everyone for your help with this problem!!

Post Likes
    Why did you change the oil?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    Why did you change the oil?
    To get the oil filter out, you have to pretty well dump all the oil out of the compressor. Those are a 3200 frame compressor that has oil separator built into it.

There are people who live and learn, while others are just livin'. Don't be the latter.

Post Likes
    exactly as Ryan said. I was prepared with a sheet metal channel to drain it into a bucket. about 4 gallons was lost.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in