Carrier overhaul interval bulletin

Does any one have a copy of the old bulletin for 19D series overhaul interval recommendations. I can't find it, I believe it mentions 10K hrs. for high speed and 20-30k for complete tear down.
    I have a customer questioning why he should OH his only chiller with 19 yrs. and 36k hrs. And several oring leaks.
    Just looking for some offical looking ammo for the bean counters.

Greg

I am also interested. We have some in the 30-32k hour range not leaking though. Customers mindset is kind of "well they run fine why should we?"
    I would just like to read it.

It used to be every six years, however the trend today is as vibration and oil samples go south. If it is leaking, go into it and do a full stop on the unit. I could find nothing with set dates or hours.

Makes since to me

When I work for the Big Blue, They just did oil sample, if sample came back with no issues chiller is good. Then if you had a vibration test and it was good chiller ready until one or the other came back with issues. I have chillers 19XL that are 1999 Models never had a major done.

Sorry I can't supply a bulletin with Carrier letterhead. I worked for Carrier factory service for 10 years. In that time most of my experience was on 19DA to 19DR chillers. Obviously all low pressure. Carrier's service interval for "Major Inspections" was 5 years or 10,000 hours whichever came first. This service interval changed when the 19XL (high pressure) chiller was introduced. It was then based on the results of oil analysis and vibration readings. The thinking at the time was, that because no non-condensibles (air or water) could enter the chiller the cleanliness of the oil would tell the story.
    In your situation I don't understand your customers concern. They have a leaker, it's not going to get better. Take it apart and repair it. Inspect the high speed and thrust and wheel and vane assembly. Spend 2 more days labor and check the bull gear and motor bearings and get another 19 years out of it. Bean counters are ruining the world trying to justify their existence.

We do a ST3 every three years which is thrust bearing inspection and a ST6 every 6 years which every gasket and o-ring is replaced. So every 3 year we go into them if they are critical chillers.