Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Canada severs ties with Iran

Canada is closing its embassy in Tehran and throwing Iran's diplomats out of Canada. Any ideas what's next?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Canada is closing its embassy in Tehran and throwing Iran's diplomats out of Canada. Any ideas what's next?
    Could be they know something we do not. They may want their guys out of there before it starts raining bombs. Israelis are terribly impatient of late.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Canada under Harper has become a Zionist puppet. You don't bridge gaps by building walls.

Gaps? They are funding terrorism in the ME, also their nuclear ambitions are suspect. Mind you their 'We want to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth.' comments don't help much either.
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Gaps? They are funding terrorism in the ME, also their nuclear ambitions are suspect. Mind you their 'We want to wipe Israel off the face of the Earth.' comments don't help much either.
    Out of curiosity, why does anyone care about the middle east? Even Reagan came to the conclusion that they are nuts over there? Mind you the whole nuclear thing is a none issue. Pakistan and India, have nukes. Israel has nukes. North Korea have nukes. The only thing Nukes do for a nation is insure they aren't ever invaded. See North Korea. I know saying that will bring up the whole, they are crazy radicals, argument. To that I would say, yes there are crazy radicals there. crazy radicals do not get into power, they are used by people that want power, thus they would never ever use nukes cause they don't want to die.

I'm curious, other than closing the embassy and telling Iran's delegates to leave, what else have they done to deserve being called "Zionist puppets"?

Where your validity to that?

Quote Originally Posted by moenaboulsi View Post
    Where your validity to that?
    If you want a list, I can compile one. Iranian threats are common news items on a regular basis.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    If you want a list, I can compile one. Iranian threats are common news items on a regular basis.
    So aren't threats towards Iran from the west. To be honest if something like stuxnet had happened to the USA from another country we would have considered it an act of war.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    So aren't threats towards Iran from the west. To be honest if something like stuxnet had happened to the USA from another country we would have considered it an act of war.
    Of course no matter where I get the information from you will say it is biased so I am not trying too hard.

The U.S. State Department considers Iran the world's "most active state sponsor of terrorism." U.S. officials say Iran provides funding, weapons, training, and sanctuary to numerous terrorist groups--most notably in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Lebanon--posing a security concern to the international community.
    http://www.cfr.org/iran/state-sponsors-iran/p9362

Quote Originally Posted by Elfshadow View Post
    Out of curiosity, why does anyone care about the middle east? Even Reagan came to the conclusion that they are nuts over there? Mind you the whole nuclear thing is a none issue. Pakistan and India, have nukes. Israel has nukes. North Korea have nukes. The only thing Nukes do for a nation is insure they aren't ever invaded. See North Korea. I know saying that will bring up the whole, they are crazy radicals, argument. To that I would say, yes there are crazy radicals there. crazy radicals do not get into power, they are used by people that want power, thus they would never ever use nukes cause they don't want to die.
    Even if Iran just shuts down the Strait of Hormuz the world price of oil would go through the roof, think this last recession was bad? They are not crazy, they know that if they had some nukes they would not have to worry about being invaded and could even stir up more crap.

Iran regularly makes threats of wiping Israel off the map. These are very direct threats not something inferred. I doubt that Canada knows something we don't. We (Obama) just chooses to pretend Iran is far less of a threat than they are. Remember, Obama came into office as a liberal with no background, knowledge or experience in national affairs. Pretty much everything he has done with other nations has been to bow rather than lead.

Even if Iran just shuts down the Strait of Hormuz the world price of oil would go through the roof, think this last recession was bad? They are not crazy, they know that if they had some nukes they would not have to worry about being invaded and could even stir up more crap.

They threaten to shut down the Straits of Hormuz because we placed sanctions making it nigh impossible for them to sell oil, thus driving up the costs of oil. Everything drives up the price of oil. Have you not noticed that? Btw, U.S. officials also claimed that Iraq had "weapons of mass destruction", so unless you think they have gotten better since Obama took over?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast