+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trane RTWD CH530 BACnet option

Post Likes

Trane RTWD CH530 BACnet option

I'm in the process of doing a pre-start on a Trane RTWD 250, which has the Tracer CH530 controller. The customer had ordered the BACnet optional module 1A31 in place of the 1A9 Lonworks. The IOM for the chiller only shows a twisted pair that gets daisey chained to other Trane units. There are multiple wire ports on this module. The communication ribbon cable is also attached to this module. Other than the wiring diagram I can find no information concerning this device, it does have a vast array of binary and analog points for only a 2 wire device. It also has it's own spot for a different communication tool other then the normal Tech-view software. Can anybody shed any light on this control ? The IOM I'm refering to is RTWD-SXG-EN, the G is the first IOM that uses 1A31 (BACnet) Thank you in advance-GEO

Post Likes
    GA1279,

The BACnet option is a Tracer UC400 configured as a BCI-C (BACnet Communication Interface - Chiller). Check your email for information.

Post Likes

Many thanks

Hey Screwit, many thank-you's, as that's exactly what I have in this chiller. This information will be very helpfull. The chiller is in a chemical plant and our district office is scratching their heads each time we call concerning this chiller. Work safe out there.-GEO

Post Likes

A further note

Just a footnote, I have the IOM. All 356 pages worth.-GEO

Post Likes
    I'm sure you saw in the documentation but the software is the Tracer TU Service Tool. We sell quite a few Trane Chillers and CHWAHUs and I can tell you this if you think Rover is expensive wait til you get a price on the Service Tool software.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatrixTransform View Post
    very soon it is you that will be pwned

Post Likes

TU Service Tool and Trane Bacnet

I just checked into the cost of TU Service Tool today from my local Trane rep. I was told that it was not for sale (proprietary). Since the Trane bacnet cards are self learning, I only needed the software to change the bacnet points units from metric to imperial. I am surprised there is not a simple piece of software to change basic parameters on the interface controllers. Even a hyperterminal connection would be OK. Now I can either convert all of the units manually in my controller to imperial or pay Trane to come to the site and change this one parameter. I know these interface cards are new for Trane, but this is kind of annoying.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ga1279 View Post
    Just a footnote, I have the IOM. All 356 pages worth.-GEO
    Could you send me the .pdf file of IOM ?
    Regards

Post Likes
    Tracer TU is also a service tool and therefore should NOT be considered proprietary. Trane tried that same crap with Rover for awhile and eventually backed off, hopefully the same will happen with TU.
    Saving the world...one service call at a time.

Post Likes

TU Service Tool

Trane does have a free version of this software to download from their site. The software is called "Tracer Bacnet Setup Tool." It is a dumbed down version of TU Service Tool that only lets you do a couple of things with the BCI, one of which is to change the default units from metric to Imperial.

Post Likes
    "Tracer Bacnet Setup Tool." is almost use less if the Trane if there is a problem with the BACnet points not setup properly from the factory.

"Tracer Bacnet Setup Tool." is used to setup the BACnet address, MSTP baud rate, and metric to Imperial.

We had to have a Trane factory technician access 2 AC units with TU software to make sure all of the points were exposed and allowed read/write accordingly.

The good thing is the AC units were purchased with factory start up.

It would be nice to have the Trane TU software instead of having to rely on the factory.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in